OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

qt rendering thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hroch
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject:
qt rendering thread

Hi,

Current state GraphicsWindowQt uses QTimer and function osgQt::setViewer for rendering traversal. It's clever, because Qt and osg events get correctly dispatched. But if fps drops, Qt Gui lags, mainly because some events (menu for example) will request redraw. I want to render scene in different thread, so it will not slow down my app when render slow frame. And maybe reset rendering if I for example move my scene.

How to achieve that ?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Filip
Kilazi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject:

Hello!

Have you looked into OsgQtBrowser and OsgQtWidgets examples?
hroch
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject:

Hi,

Ok, Thanks, I get the idea behind it. Do I have to worry about thread safety or not ?

Cheers,
Filip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: