OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Looking for forum moderators and administrators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Announcement [ANN]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject:

Dear OSG-Community,

I am posting this thread in order to find suitable persons to be moderator and/or an administrator of the official OSG forum. What we need and expect for specific tasks:

Moderator (3-5 positions):
- check if new users do respect to our forum rules (i.e. name convention)
- check and approve posts of new users (check for spam, ban usernames, kindly ask users to change names, etc.)
- check for double posts and merge them together (it happens sometimes that threads are get separated and need to be merged again)
- Usually it takes up-to max 30 minutes a day to moderate a forum. In best case, when there are more moderators, this time decreases of course

Administrator (1-2 position):
- important You must have already be seen in our community, so that we really know what expect from you. Or somebody of long term member can bail for you.
- You must have experience with PHP and Unix environment.
- You will get full access to forum's source code (on my servers) in order to hunt for bugs. Yeah, there are still bugs which need to be solved

I hope to find somebody who can take over this tasks. Moderators are currently more important than an administrator. However due to the move of OSG webpage to the new system and a wish to combine all the subsystems (svn, joomla, forum, mailing list) into one, it would be great to have somebody who can make this happen Smile

Payment: No payment at all ladies and gentlemens, you do this for the sake of our community Smile

Contact: Please post your applications directly here to this thread. In this case we can learn you already before assigning you such a responsible position. If you want to stay anonym, then write me a PM (or better email) and I will try to discuss with senior community members about your application.

Best regards
Art
Jordi Torres

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Hi Art,

I have added this announcement to the new website too. Hope it help to find somebody.

Cheers.

2012/5/2 Art Tevs < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>
Quote:
Dear OSG-Community,

I am posting this thread in order to find suitable persons to be moderator and/or an administrator of the official OSG forum. What we need and expect for specific tasks:

- check if new users  do respect to our forum rules (i.e. name convention)
- check and approve posts of new users (check for spam, ban usernames, kindly ask users to change names, etc.)
- check for double posts and merge them together (it happens sometimes that threads are get separated and need to be merged again)
- Usually it takes up-to max 30 minutes a day to moderate a forum. In best case, when there are more moderators, this time decreases of course

- important You must have already be seen in our community, so that we really know what expect from you. Or somebody of long term member can bail for you.
- You will get full access to forum's source code (on my servers) in order to hunt for bugs. Yeah, there are still bugs which need to be solved

I hope to find somebody who can take over this tasks. Moderators are currently more important than an administrator. However due to the move of OSG webpage to the new system and a wish to combine all the subsystems (svn, joomla, forum, mailing list) into one, it would be great to have somebody who can make this happen Smile

Payment: No payment at all ladies and gentlemens, you do this for the sake of our community Smile

Contact: Please post your applications directly here to this thread. In this case we can learn you already before assigning you such a responsible position. If you want to stay anonym, then write me a PM (or better email) and I will try to discuss with senior community members  about your application.

Best regards
Art

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=47493#47493

)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

--
Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Vincent.B
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject:

Hi Art,

I could be interested to be a moderator.
I've already been administrator and moderator on little privates forums in French a few years ago, and I participate in osg user list/forum since 2008 and I've been one on the Rui Wang's OSG 3 Cookbook reviewer last year.
I would be interested to try this a few months, and we'll see if I'm a good moderator.

Regards,
Vincent.

Le 03/05/2012 19:34, Jordi Torres a crit :
Quote:
Hi Art,

I have added this announcement to the new website too. Hope it help to find somebody.

Cheers.

2012/5/2 Art Tevs < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
)>
Quote:
Dear OSG-Community,

- check if new users do respect to our forum rules (i.e. name convention)

Contact: Please post your applications directly here to this thread. In this case we can learn you already before assigning you such a responsible position. If you want to stay anonym, then write me a PM (or better email) and I will try to discuss with senior community members about your application.

Best regards
Art

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=47493#47493

)

--
Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automtica e Informtica Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es

Quote:
)

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Hello.

I am glad to announce that Vincent.B has been so kind to help us moderating the forum. He was granted the moderator rights, hence respect his desicions and just be as nice as possible within our community Smile

Best regards,
Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Announcement [ANN] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: