I have this fully rigged and skinned character with a bit of animation in Maya 2011 that i want to export to collada and load up in osgAnimation/osgViewer and confirm all is well.
So far animation seems to be exported ok since i can import with openCOLLADA import plugin the .dae created and the animation is there.
But I have two problems related to geometry.My character has 6 main shapes and there are 5 more for the eyeballs the teeth and the tongue.Face,Torso,Left_Arm,Right_Arm,Accessories(belt,belt loops,pocket flaps) and Legs(pants without the above and the shoes).
1)when i import to Maya with openCOLLADA importer the .dae file the shape of the Legs is missing when the Accessories shape is there.the joints are there,the animation too.Also the texture are a bit weird.
2)if i load the same .dae in osgViewer i get all shapes except the Face.
the Legs shape is there contrary to the 1st case.Eyeballs,teeth,tongue are there too.the only thing missing is the Face shape.
the output in the console before osgViewer comes up,when loading textures and stuff is attachments osgViewer_output 1&2
I also don't get any log with warnings or errors in Maya when i try to export.
as far as the 1st case goes i tried to export to dae just the Legs part and the joint chain having removed the joints from the waist up and when I made a new scene and imported the dae the Legs shape loaded fine.I suspect there is some problem between the Legs shape and all the rest.
if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.i've got till the 31st to turn in the results.
EDIT1:i tried to reconstruct the file i was trying to export from without binding.Just the geometry the textures the joints and some animation for the joints.It loaded correctly in Maya from the dae.And the osgViewer loads everything.the only thing not working in both is the textures.would a faulty UV mapping be the problem?i haven't touched it in Maya but from what I've seen it's wrong.but Maya has been loading them correctly so I didn't bother(not my expertise either,no time too)
EDIT2:i bound the new skeleton and geometry parts but a bit differently and everything loads(textures are off again) but all geometry parts,animation,joints,all load.Previously i had done selective binding.for example the arm had only those joints it needed from the shoulder onwards and another one at the clavicle.now i just selected all geometry parts and the Root joint and did a smooth bind with one bind pose(as opposed to my other file) and on the whole joint chain not selected joints.
it's either selective binding or multiple bind poses that cause the problems
Read this topic online here:
Post generated by Mail2Forum