OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Problem with postfilter/rtt setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgCompute [osgCompute]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I have a slight problem with my tries to get some post processing working with osgCompute (most recent trunk version from today).

I have several textures attached to my cameras in a RTT manner, e.g. like this:
Code:

textures.colorTex = new osgCuda::Texture2D;
  textures.colorTex->setName("color texture");
  textures.colorTex->setTextureWidth(__m_width);
  textures.colorTex->setTextureHeight(__m_height);
  textures.colorTex->setInternalFormat(GL_RGBA32F_ARB);
  textures.colorTex->setSourceFormat(GL_RGBA);
  textures.colorTex->setSourceType(GL_FLOAT);
  textures.colorTex->addIdentifier("SRC_COLORTEX");
  imageCamera->attach(osg::Camera::COLOR_BUFFER0, textures.colorTex);

All textures have the same format (GL_RGBA32F_ARB). What i want to do is the following: Put all textures in a osgCompute::Computation and use this to pass everything to our CUDA-based post-processing framework. Everything is rendered to a single screen-filling quad with an according target texture in the end.

Now to first check if everything works as it should, I just tried to play around a little with the memory mapping, but they didn't quite work as I expected them to do. To make this more clear: If I map something with MAP_XXX_TARGET, it seems to work alright (I can write to it and the result is also displayed later on). The problem arises when mapping as source, e.g. like this:
Code:

float* d_srcBuffer_color = (float*) _m_srcBuffer_color->map(osgCompute::MAP_HOST_SOURCE);

When I try to copy the values over to the target buffer (mapped with MAP_HOST_TARGET), it turns out that the whole d_srcBuffer_color seems to be filled with zeroes. I also tried to loop over the source buffer and tell me if there's any non-zero value, but no, there isn't.

So maybe you guys have some idea what's going wrong here. Could it also be a version conflict? Here are the versions I am currently using:

- OpenSceneGraph 3.0.1
- CUDA 5.0.35
- latest osgCompute trunk version (rev 509)

The examples work flawlessly, btw.

Thanks in advance Smile

Thank you!

Cheers,
Thorsten
Thoro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I have a slight problem with my tries to get some post processing working with osgCompute (most recent trunk version from today).

I have several textures attached to my cameras in a RTT manner, e.g. like this:

Code:

textures.colorTex = new osgCuda::Texture2D;
textures.colorTex->setName("color texture");
textures.colorTex->setTextureWidth(__m_width);
textures.colorTex->setTextureHeight(__m_height);
textures.colorTex->setInternalFormat(GL_RGBA32F_ARB);
textures.colorTex->setSourceFormat(GL_RGBA);
textures.colorTex->setSourceType(GL_FLOAT);
textures.colorTex->addIdentifier("SRC_COLORTEX");
imageCamera->attach(osg::Camera::COLOR_BUFFER0, textures.colorTex);

All textures have the same format (GL_RGBA32F_ARB). What i want to do is the following: Put all textures in a osgCompute::Computation and use this to pass everything to our CUDA-based post-processing framework. Everything is rendered to a single screen-filling quad with an according target texture in the end.

Now to first check if everything works as it should, I just tried to play around a little with the memory mapping, but they didn't quite work as I expected them to do. To make this more clear: If I map something with MAP_XXX_TARGET, it seems to work alright (I can write to it and the result is also displayed later on). The problem arises when mapping as source, e.g. like this:

Code:

float* d_srcBuffer_color = (float*) _m_srcBuffer_color->map(osgCompute::MAP_HOST_SOURCE);

When I try to copy the values over to the target buffer (mapped with MAP_HOST_TARGET), it turns out that the whole d_srcBuffer_color seems to be filled with zeroes. I also tried to loop over the source buffer and tell me if there's any non-zero value, but no, there isn't.

So maybe you guys have some idea what's going wrong here. Could it also be a version conflict? Here are the versions I am currently using:

- OpenSceneGraph 3.0.1
- CUDA 5.0.35
- latest osgCompute trunk version (rev 509)

The examples work flawlessly, btw.

Thanks in advance :)

Thank you!

Cheers,
Thorsten

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=51537#51537

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Thoro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

this has actually already been fixed soon after I had posted it. I simply didn't know I had to attach those additional observers so it's known when the texture is updated. After adding this, it works flawlessly. OsgCompute is really just what I've been looking for Smile

Thank you!

Cheers,
Thorsten
Thoro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

this has actually already been fixed soon after I had posted it. I simply didn't know I had to attach those additional observers so it's known when the texture is updated. After adding this, it works flawlessly. OsgCompute is really just what I've been looking for :)

Thank you!

Cheers,
Thorsten

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=51713#51713

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgCompute [osgCompute] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: