OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Leveraging mailing list common practice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosme
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject:
Leveraging mailing list common practice

I was looking through the archives for common practices used in mailing list subjects. Perhaps we could use these into our advantage to achieve more sorting into different forums.

Summary:

OT: off-topic
    ANN: announcement
    [was] or (was for change of subject

[CMake]
    [Newbie]:
    VPB:
    [Flightgear-devel]

I am not saying we should create more forums, but first need to seek for ways to achieve a better sorting. Promotion of the already existing categories should be a first goal.

One thing we could do however is pick up subjects with ANN: or [Announcement] and place them in the news forum.

Roland
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject:

As to new forums, I would like to wait for peoples who developing the nodekits making the suggestion about categories.
For example if user A is developing osgXYZ and he want to have this category on the forum page, I would like to do so. If not, then it doesn't make any sense to add it, because peoples will then not use it at all ;(

Or we should wait that this forum becames official. Which will then more or less force people use it and maybe the categories will became more suitable than now.
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Sorry forgott to mention. I agree with the topics categories defined by ANN or OT or something else. However I have to propgramm this function into the forum first, to make it available.

My current todo list is:
- make an addition so that every new user is forwarded to README FIRST topic before any post
- remove any issues with moderation script, which makes it currently impossible to add mails into the forum, which were filtered [DONE]
- add a feature of anonymous mailing list user: users registered on the forum are not forced to be also registered on the list. Posts are sent by forum's mail address [DONE]
- then I could get time for the ANN and OT special topic categories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Offline All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: