OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Help with OSGART building with VS2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General [3rdparty]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ishi3000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject:
Help with OSGART building with VS2010

Hi,
I just started working with OpenSceneGraph and ARToolKit and have already installed OpenSceneGraph 3.0.1 and ARToolKit 2.72 on my windows 64 bit machine.

I know I am asking a very basic question; I have been having trouble understanding how to properly configure and build OSGART under the above given conditions. The information available (related to OSGART building on windows) is either very vague, non-comprehensive or outdated Sad Sad.

Would anyone be able to point me to a tutorial on how to build OSGART 2.0 on windows with VS 2010?

Thanks a lot.

Any kind of help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Cheers,
ishi3000
raphael (Raphael Grasset)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject:

Hi ishii3000,

We have only recently restarted to work on OSGART, and will update soon the website with a new documentation (as well as new architecture, new examples, etc).

Until then, please follow this process:
- Access the last version of OSGART from our github repository:
https://github.com/seichter/osgART/
- Install either OSG 3.0.1 or the 3.1.5 developer release (in the future we will rely on this one due to the significant fixes for the Android platform) and be sure that your OSG_ROOT env. variable is defined and point to your OSG repository containing include and libs files.
- Compile and use the artoolkit version from:
https://github.com/seichter/artoolkit
- run the OSGART cmake and tick the options for installing artoolkit plugins: OSGART_PLUGINS_VIDEO_ARTOOLKIT, OSGART_PLUGINS_TRACKING_ARTOOLKIT
- configure, and you will be asked to enter path for the ARToolkit include directory and the path to the libAR.lib (the cmake will automatically find the other ARToolkit libraries).
- compile osgart,
- install or copy the content of bin and the dll in lib in your OSG bin. You also need to copy the content from share\osgart\ to your bin directory (or provide a path access). For ARToolKit on windows you need to add the ARvideo.dll and DSVL.dll in the bin directory.
- run the osgartsimpleartoolkit

Be aware that the interface of the library may change slightly over the last few weeks.

If you have any more issues, please pm me.
Thank you!

Cheers,
Raphael
OSGART Author
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General [3rdparty] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: