OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

qt viewer bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzz9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject:
qt viewer bug

Hi,

I'm using osg with qt. the code i have taken from qt viewer example that runs well doesn't work in my program. i have wasted the whole evening digging into why non-pointer field windowname of traits class is initialized with magic bytes while all other members are seemed to be ok at the saame time program exits when attaching this traits class object to a camera. it is been a while i stoped working with graphics engines during my spare time. earlier i had fought the fact that osg loads plugings for models from a specific path itself that was non-obvious fact. why is it so painfull to use this engine? now building debug library version to dig out what is wrong with the traits class.
zzz9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject:

Hi,

As it was some time ago, debug version of osg works well with the same code with vc2010 compiler. Can someone comment it?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dmitry
zzz9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject:

Hi,

In a hope that static osg build will work without these issues I decided to build osg as a static lib with dynamic openthreads lib. I use the same code as qtviewer uses but with special osg initialization that is written in staticosgviewer example:
Code:
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osg)
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osg2)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osg)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osgViewer)

I get the following link errors: Eproxy_osg is not found.
Maybe I have missed something, but when I erase this initialization everything compiles well but the program crashes at start.

Please, help me with these issues. I don't know what to do. I just want to make simple test to work.

For the previous message I guess that I mixed up debug version of my test program with the release version of the osg library.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dmitry
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject:
qt viewer bug

Hi Dimitry,
I haven't tried mixing Qt and static build of the OSG so can't provide specific advice.
Does osgstaticviewer work fine?
Without a stack trace there isn't much others will be able to advice on what might be amiss.
Robert.

On 7 Apr 2013 07:13, "Dmitry K." < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:

Hi,

In a hope that static osg build will work without these issues I decided to build osg as a static lib with dynamic openthreads lib. I use the same code as qtviewer uses but with special osg initialization that is written in staticosgviewer example:

Code:
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osg)
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osg2)

I get the following link errors: Eproxy_osg is not found.
Maybe I have missed something, but when I erase this initialization everything compiles well but the program crashes at start.

Please, help me with these issues. I don't know what to do. I just want to make simple test to work.

For the previous message I guess that I mixed up debug version of my test program with the release version of the osg library.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dmitry

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=53479#53479

Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
zzz9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. I use the following code to initialize static OSG modules in the Qt Widget's source file:
Code:
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osg)
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osg2)
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osgViewer)
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osgQt)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osg2)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osgManipulator)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osgQt)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osgGA)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osgDB)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osgUtil)
USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER_LIBRARY(osgText)

I link the following static libs in the project's properties:
Code:
osg80-osgd.lib
osg80-osgQtd.lib
osg80-osgManipulatord.lib
osg80-osgGAd.lib
osg80-osgDBd.lib
osg80-osgUtild.lib
osg80-osgViewerd.lib
osg80-osgTextd.lib
OpenThreadsd.lib

And I get the following link error messages (sorry that they are in foreign language):
Code:
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _osgdb_osg в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_osg''(void)" (??__Eproxy_osg@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _osgdb_osg2 в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_osg2''(void)" (??__Eproxy_osg2@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _osgdb_osgViewer в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_osgViewer''(void)" (??__Eproxy_osgViewer@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _osgdb_osgQt в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_osgQt''(void)" (??__Eproxy_osgQt@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osg в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osg''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osg@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osg2 в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osg2''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osg2@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osgManipulator в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgManipulator''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgManipulator@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osgQt в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgQt''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgQt@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osgGA в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgGA''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgGA@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osgDB в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgDB''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgDB@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osgUtil в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgUtil''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgUtil@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osgViewer в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgViewer''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgViewer@@YAXXZ)
1>QtOSGViewer.obj : error LNK2019: ссылка на неразрешенный внешний символ _dotosgwrapper_library_osgText в функции "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'proxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgText''(void)" (??__Eproxy_dotosgwrapper_library_osgText@@YAXXZ)

I use MSVC2010 on Windows 7.
staticosgviewer example compiles and runs well.
I use qtviewer example as a base for the widget.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dmitry[/code]
zzz9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Just compiled dynamic OSG 3.0.1 Library version. I have found that osgqtbrowser example shows an empty spite at the center without any Qt content just like osgqtwidget example. Earlier, when I played with OSG 3.0.1 everything worked well. Now it doesn't work.

That's not the topic. When I start my test program (somewhat like qtviewerexample but with one viewer widget) it crashes at GraphicsWindowQt::getGraphicsContext. I tried to launch qtviewerexample and crashed with the message: "Must construct QApplication before QPaintDevice.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dmitry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: