OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Refraction Map issue: isn't visible...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgOcean [osgOcean]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paradox
Appreciator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I'm using still now OsgOcean rev 208. I'm update to the last rev 258. Refraction seems don't work. I have a scene with refraction enabled, withe rev208 I can see the refraction, not with the rev258.

Someone has reported this issue? I'm looking now around the refracition code, but is a bit expansive...

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dario
Trajce Nikolov NICK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject:

Hi Dario,

it should work with the latest from trunk I think. It's been a while since I used osgOcean but somehow it worked for me. Just fyi

Nick

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Dario Minieri < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I'm using still now OsgOcean rev 208. I'm update to the last rev 258. Refraction seems don't work. I have a scene with refraction enabled, withe rev208 I can see the refraction, not with the rev258.

Someone has reported this issue?  I'm looking now around the refracition code, but is a bit expansive...

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dario

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=54620#54620

)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

--
trajce nikolov nick

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Paradox
Appreciator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Hummm....maybe is my fault in somewhat, but I make two snapshot of oceanExample and the refraction seems to me don't works. I've tested others my scenes and the result is the same.

1. snap_no_refraction1.jpg shows the example scene without refraction and, in effect, apart the rev208 "artifacts", the refraction is not visible.

2. snap_with_refraction1.jpg shows the example scene with refraction, and, the rev 258 is the same as above (no refraction in any cases), rev 208 shows the refraction of the island above water dynamic line.

Tested on Nvidia GTX 560Ti and GTX 570 (on GTX 570 there are no "artifacts" in the first case).

There are some parameters or others changes to make which are changed and I forgot?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dario
Trajce Nikolov NICK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject:

maybe you post a code snippet of your settings if someone can look at

Nick

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Dario Minieri < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Hummm....maybe is my fault in somewhat, but I make two snapshot of oceanExample and the refraction seems to me don't works. I've tested others my scenes and the result is the same.

snap_no_refraction1.jpg shows the example scene without refraction and, in effect, apart the rev208 "artifacts", the refraction is not visible.

snap_with_refraction1.jpg shows the example scene with refraction, and, the rev 258 is the same as above (no refraction in any cases), rev 208 shows the refraction of the island above water dynamic line.

There are some parameters or others changes to make which are changed and I forgot?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dario

------------------
Read this topic online here:

http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=54633#54633

)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

--
trajce nikolov nick

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Paradox
Appreciator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject:

Hi,

Mha, this is strange, because the snapshot showed above are oceanExample related with no alteration of code and options (different settings are changed in realtime using the feature of the example). I'm looking into refraction code and, in effect, this is drastically changed between two version: in rev208 the refraction is made by a dedicated camera pass render, in last rev258 not. I don't know if this problem can be a videocard problem...If you execute the oceanExample you can notice the same behaviour or it works for you?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dario
Paradox
Appreciator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Using last dev osg release (3.1.7) and trunk osgOcean revision (I'm using the suggested tags version) works....

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dario
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgOcean [osgOcean] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: