OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

FBX animations corrupted when using osg 3.2.0 with newer fbx plugin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbjorn
Appreciator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I have some FBX models with animations that were saved with the 2012.0 version of the FBX plugin. These models worked properly with osg 3.0.1 when compiled together with 2012.1 version. But now when OSG 3.2.0 requires at least the 2013.3 version of the FBX SDK the animations suffers serious corruption. Have anyone else had similar problems? Any simple solution?

I have already tried opening the files in 3D studio and re-saving the files with the 2013.3 plugin instead, without success.

Regards,
Björn
bbjorn
Appreciator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject:

Just an addition. The corruption occurs when I try to blend between animations connected to the same model. If I run just one animation it works properly.

Björn
bbjorn
Appreciator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject:

To clarify the problem further. Loading and playing single FBX files seems to work fine. My problems begins when I try to copy animations from several FBX files into one model.

I am merging animations from several diffrent files (mainly because Autodesk 3D Studio cannot export FBX files with multiple animations).

I start by loading the first model, locating the AnimationManager, then opening the rest of the models. For each model I am locating their AnimationManager and getting the animation stored inside it, then coping and registering the animation into the first file's AnimationManager.

A similar example can be found in this thread:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=12022

This strategy worked well with OSG 3.0.1, but for some reason (I haven't figured out why yet) it refuses to work with the new version. The connection between the bones and the animations seems to get a complete mismatch, which results in warped and twisted geometry. The bone responsible for the characters arm gets connected to the geometry of a foot and some of my animated characters literally ends up with their head up their own arse.

"The hip bones connected to the neck bone,
The back bones connected to the foot bone"
Wink

Björn
Laurens Voerman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject:

Hi Björn,
simple things first, did you try with
SET OSG_OPTIMIZER=OFF

Regards, Laurens.

On 8/15/2013 10:14 AM, Björn Blissing wrote:
Quote:
To clarify the problem further. Loading and playing single FBX files seems to work fine. My problems begins when I try to copy animations from several FBX files into one model.

I am merging animations from several diffrent files (mainly because Autodesk 3D Studio cannot export FBX files with multiple animations).

I start by loading the first model, locating the AnimationManager, then opening the rest of the models. For each model I am locating their AnimationManager and getting the animation stored inside it, then coping and registering the animation into the first file's AnimationManager.

A similar example can be found in this thread:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=12022

This strategy worked well with OSG 3.0.1, but for some reason (I haven't figured out why yet) it refuses to work with the new version. The connection between the bones and the animations seems to get a complete mismatch, which results in warped and twisted geometry. The bone responsible for the characters arm gets connected to the geometry of a foot and some of my animated characters literally ends up with their head up their own arse.

"The hip bones connected to the neck bone,
The back bones connected to the foot bone" ;)

Björn

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=55852#55852

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
bbjorn
Appreciator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject:

This is not only connected to FBX models but affects all models with skeletons. See: http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=12736

/Björn
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Just adding a reply here to close this topic - I have tracked down the bug to OpenSceneGraph/src/osgAnimation/StackedTransform.cpp, this has been fixed and checked into svn/trunk and OSG-3.2 branch and will be part of 3.2.1.

On 29 August 2013 09:29, Björn Blissing < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
This is not only connected to FBX models but affects all models with skeletons. See: http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=12736

/Björn

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=56017#56017

Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: