OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

example_osgViewerIPhone ld framework not found OpenGL on Mac OSX 10.9.1 and Xcode 5.0.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barcher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject:
example_osgViewerIPhone ld framework not found OpenGL on Mac OSX 10.9.1 and Xcode 5.0.1

Hi,

I got the latest stable release 3.2.1 rc2. I followed instructions in generating xcode project for ios to generate the xcode project file. I am building for iphoneSimulator. I am able to build OSG with Examples OFF, but if I change it to Examples ON, it fails in osgViewerIPhone example.

It complains about OpenGL Framework, I checked my CMake configuartion, both OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR and OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY are set to /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework which does exist on my system.

Does the osgViewerIPhone example need OpenGL (I thought it needs OpenGLES), and if so do I have to set any other variable in cmake. And if it does not require it, how to remove it for the example.

I did search the forums before posting but did not find any instructions to build the example alone, all instructions are for building OSG. Please let me know if it is possible to build example alone after building OSG, and instructions do it. Sorry for asking if I missed something, I am new to Mac and ios development.

Ld build-iOS/bin/osgViewerIPhoned.app/osgViewerIPhoned normal i386
cd /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2
setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 7.0
setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.0.sdk -L/Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/bin -F/Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/bin -filelist /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/examples/osgviewerIPhone/OpenSceneGraph.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/example_osgViewerIPhone.build/Objects-normal/i386/osgViewerIPhoned.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -framework QuartzCore -framework Foundation -framework OpenGLES -framework UIKit -framework ImageIO -framework CoreImage -framework MobileCoreServices -framework CoreGraphics -Wl,-search_paths_first -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libOpenThreadsd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgDBd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgUtild.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgGAd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgViewerd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgTextd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgdb_osgd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgdb_imageiod.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgdb_avfoundationd.a -framework Accelerate /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgViewerd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgGAd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgTextd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgDBd.a /usr/lib/libz.dylib /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgUtild.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libOpenThreadsd.a /usr/lib/libm.dylib /usr/lib/libdl.dylib -framework OpenGL -framework AVFoundation -framework CoreVideo -framework CoreMedia -framework QuartzCore -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -mios-simulator-version-min=7.0 -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/examples/osgviewerIPhone/OpenSceneGraph.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/example_osgViewerIPhone.build/Objects-normal/i386/osgViewerIPhoned_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/bin/osgViewerIPhoned.app/osgViewerIPhoned

ld: framework not found OpenGL
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thank you!

Cheers,
Bargav
barcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I got the latest stable release 3.2.1 rc2. I followed instructions in generating xcode project for ios to generate the xcode project file. I am building for iphoneSimulator. I am able to build OSG with Examples OFF, but if I change it to Examples ON, it fails in osgViewerIPhone example.

It complains about OpenGL Framework, I checked my CMake configuartion, both OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR and OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY are set to /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework which does exist on my system.

Does the osgViewerIPhone example need OpenGL (I thought it needs OpenGLES), and if so do I have to set any other variable in cmake. And if it does not require it, how to remove it for the example.

I did search the forums before posting but did not find any instructions to build the example alone, all instructions are for building OSG. Please let me know if it is possible to build example alone after building OSG, and instructions do it. Sorry for asking if I missed something, I am new to Mac and ios development.

Ld build-iOS/bin/osgViewerIPhoned.app/osgViewerIPhoned normal i386
cd /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2
setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 7.0
setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.0.sdk -L/Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/bin -F/Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/bin -filelist /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/examples/osgviewerIPhone/OpenSceneGraph.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/example_osgViewerIPhone.build/Objects-normal/i386/osgViewerIPhoned.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -framework QuartzCore -framework Foundation -framework OpenGLES -framework UIKit -framework ImageIO -framework CoreImage -framework MobileCoreServices -framework CoreGraphics -Wl,-search_paths_first -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libOpenThreadsd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-i
OS/lib/libosgd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgDBd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgUtild.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgGAd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgViewerd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgTextd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgdb_osgd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgdb_imageiod.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgdb_avfoundationd.a -framework Accelerate /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgViewerd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgGAd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgTextd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgDBd.a /usr/lib/li
bz.dylib /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgUtild.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libosgd.a /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/lib/libOpenThreadsd.a /usr/lib/libm.dylib /usr/lib/libdl.dylib -framework OpenGL -framework AVFoundation -framework CoreVideo -framework CoreMedia -framework QuartzCore -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -mios-simulator-version-min=7.0 -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/examples/osgviewerIPhone/OpenSceneGraph.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/example_osgViewerIPhone.build/Objects-normal/i386/osgViewerIPhoned_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/username/Develop/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.1-rc2/build-iOS/bin/osgViewerIPhoned.app/osgViewerIPhoned

ld: framework not found OpenGL
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thank you!

Cheers,
Bargav

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=58258#58258

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Roni
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Hi Bargav,

I just did my install and perhaps you already figure this out but I want to post in here for the others that will ready this post.
You do not need OpenGL framework.
Just go to your Xcode -> Build Settings -> Other Linker Flags double click in the configuration you are running and remove -framework OpenGL

Cheers,
Roni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: