OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

OpenScreneGraph with embedded linux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustafa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I'm very new to OpenScreneGraph and Linux and even Qt. I want to use OpenSceneGraph with Qt embedded in imx6 platform. (operating system is kernel 3.0.35-arm) I don't know where to start.

I downloaded the source code of OpenSceneGraph. I compiled it as cross-compiler in my ubuntu desktop, so compilation produced some folder:

/application
/bin
/CMakeFiles
/include
/lib
/packaging
/src

What should I do with those files? I guess that I have to copy some of them to a Qt's directory and to embedded device. I don't want you to tell me everything about that but I want just to get some hints about basic concept.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Mustafa
Chris Hanson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject:

We've worked with the imx6 platform, but not running Qt, just running OsgViewerEmbedded in an EGL context we created ourselves.

You have a full mouse and keyboard environment on your imx6 platform? Is it Ubuntu-based?

‚ÄčThe output you want is what's in the bin folder -- copy that over to your imx6 platform (along with the data/ folder from the OSG source directory -- this contains sample models and files) and try running osgviewer with the cow.osg file.

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
mustafa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:
Re: OpenScreneGraph with embedded linux

Chris Hanson wrote:
We've worked with the imx6 platform, but not running Qt, just running OsgViewerEmbedded in an EGL context we created ourselves.

You have a full mouse and keyboard environment on your imx6 platform? Is it Ubuntu-based?

‚ÄčThe output you want is what's in the bin folder -- copy that over to your imx6 platform (along with the data/ folder from the OSG source directory -- this contains sample models and files) and try running osgviewer with the cow.osg file.

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum

Hello,

I said that I compiled osg as cross-compile but it was not true. I realized that I couldn't compile it. So, now, I'm trying to use a toolchain file for cmake to compile osg as cross-compile. I got errors after running cmake. It gives "Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!" message.

My imx6 board isn't ubuntu-based. I can run Qt applications by -qws argument. I use ltib based rootfs.

The error cmake give is as below:

----------
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
----------

I think this caused by my rootfs. I'm not sure but I will check OPENGL include directory in the rootfs.

The toolchain file that I mentioned, is below:

----

Code:
SET(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
set( CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR arm )
#this one not so much
SET(CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION 1)

# specify the cross compiler
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER   /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc)
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-g++)

# where is the target environment
SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH  /home/user/ltib/rootfs/)

# search for programs in the build host directories
SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM NEVER)
# for libraries and headers in the target directories
SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY)
SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY)

----
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: