OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

OpenIG


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Announcement [ANN]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Trajce Nikolov NICK
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject:
OpenIG
Reply with quote

Hi Community,

I would like to announce a young project, cross-platform opensource OpenSceneGraph based image generator, OpenIG http://openig.compro.net.


Of course there are other similar projects like this one, already existing and great, but my clients focus was to give an alternative and to have something that is easy(er) to use, to be lightweight but to look good, and the most important to be extensible which OpenIG is throught its plugin based architecture.


Please have a look, all the comments (the negative specially Smile ) are welcome, also question if your are curious and please join if you find it worth. 



I would like to thank the osg community and Robert for all the hints, tips, code which helped the birth of this project, and the most to my client Compro and their team for the great support, testing, coding and friendship !


Thanks a bunch as always!


Nick
--
trajce nikolov nick

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Chris Hanson
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:
OpenIG
Reply with quote

Nice stuff! Congrats!

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Trajce Nikolov NICK < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Community,

I would like to announce a young project, cross-platform opensource OpenSceneGraph based image generator, OpenIG http://openig.compro.net.


Of course there are other similar projects like this one, already existing and great, but my clients focus was to give an alternative and to have something that is easy(er) to use, to be lightweight but to look good, and the most important to be extensible which OpenIG is throught its plugin based architecture.


Please have a look, all the comments (the negative specially Smile ) are welcome, also question if your are curious and please join if you find it worth. 



I would like to thank the osg community and Robert for all the hints, tips, code which helped the birth of this project, and the most to my client Compro and their team for the great support, testing, coding and friendship !


Thanks a bunch as always!


Nick
--
trajce nikolov nick




_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org





--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 • GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Legal/IP • Code Forensics • Digital Imaging • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android
@alphapixel facebook.com/alphapixel (775) 623-PIXL [7495]

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
kornerr
Appreciator


Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 230

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:
OpenIG
Reply with quote

Hi.

Can you please explain what problems OpenIG solves?

Thanks.


2015-07-12 1:38 GMT+07:00 Chris Hanson < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>:
Quote:
Nice stuff! Congrats!

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Trajce Nikolov NICK < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:


Quote:
Hi Community,

I would like to announce a young project, cross-platform opensource OpenSceneGraph based image generator, OpenIG http://openig.compro.net.


Of course there are other similar projects like this one, already existing and great, but my clients focus was to give an alternative and to have something that is easy(er) to use, to be lightweight but to look good, and the most important to be extensible which OpenIG is throught its plugin based architecture.


Please have a look, all the comments (the negative specially Smile ) are welcome, also question if your are curious and please join if you find it worth. 



I would like to thank the osg community and Robert for all the hints, tips, code which helped the birth of this project, and the most to my client Compro and their team for the great support, testing, coding and friendship !


Thanks a bunch as always!


Nick
--
trajce nikolov nick






_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org





--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 • GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Legal/IP • Code Forensics • Digital Imaging • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android
@alphapixel facebook.com/alphapixel (775) 623-PIXL [7495]






_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org



------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trajce Nikolov NICK
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:
OpenIG
Reply with quote

Thanks Chris Smile

Michael, 
it is lightweight image generator mainly for flight simulation although the latest version has bullet vehicle plugin for ground sim as well. So it is about moving models around in virtual space, mathematically controling parts of the model (the model from the web has about 100 independently controlable parts, so if one has heavy flight math model a very detailed simulation can be done), Vegetation on the GPU, Particle effects, Shadow Maps, Weather and Atmosphere model (commercial and a simple free one), support for animation (experimental value driven from the OpenIG core and the FBX) , integration with osgEarth (with atmosphere and ocean model), and few more. All these are plugins. We are investigating Forward+ and Deffered Rendering and Lighting at present so this might come in one of the next release, with time.  A bit of history: The development was driven by few projects that are flight sim related and it is already proved commercialy. Good is that my client Compro decided to opensource it, for users in need of lightweight image generator, again for flight sim but not only. Also, since it is plugin based one can configure OpenIG with better looking commercial plugins for more serious simulation, or use the free provided for simplier cases.


There are some videos on YouTube (available on the bottom of the main web site). It might gives you better idea.


Thanks for asking !


Nick


On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 5:22 PM, michael kapelko < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi.

Can you please explain what problems OpenIG solves?

Thanks.


2015-07-12 1:38 GMT+07:00 Chris Hanson < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>:
Quote:
Nice stuff! Congrats!

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Trajce Nikolov NICK < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:


Quote:
Hi Community,

I would like to announce a young project, cross-platform opensource OpenSceneGraph based image generator, OpenIG http://openig.compro.net.


Of course there are other similar projects like this one, already existing and great, but my clients focus was to give an alternative and to have something that is easy(er) to use, to be lightweight but to look good, and the most important to be extensible which OpenIG is throught its plugin based architecture.


Please have a look, all the comments (the negative specially Smile ) are welcome, also question if your are curious and please join if you find it worth. 



I would like to thank the osg community and Robert for all the hints, tips, code which helped the birth of this project, and the most to my client Compro and their team for the great support, testing, coding and friendship !


Thanks a bunch as always!


Nick
--
trajce nikolov nick






_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org





--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 • GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Legal/IP • Code Forensics • Digital Imaging • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android
@alphapixel facebook.com/alphapixel (775) 623-PIXL [7495]






_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org







_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org





--
trajce nikolov nick

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Announcement [ANN] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts OpenIG 2.0.2 videos Trajce Nikolov NICK Announcement [ANN] 2 Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:12 am View latest post
No new posts OpenIG 2.0.2 Relase Trajce Nikolov NICK Announcement [ANN] 0 Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:31 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenIG 2.0.2 Release Trajce Nikolov NICK Announcement [ANN] 1 Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:22 pm View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP