OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

BK patches to osgOcean for stability, up to osg 3.4.0 compilation and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgOcean [osgOcean]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabrizio.sciarra@b-k.it (Fabrizio Sciarra)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

we are an Italian software company working with OSG and osgOcean in simulation scenarios.
We currently have some minor/major changes to c++ code and shaders to take into account several aspects in osgOcean we had troubles with.
We would like to give back to the community by submitting our code, and
some of you has already found messages posted on various forum topics by one of our employee, Paradox (dr. Dario Maggiari).

We understand this has to be taken into account via an evaluation process and we're ready to afford the evaluation and discussion on that.

Now, how to submit these code changes?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Fabrizio
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi Fabrizio,

For changes to the core OSG just send them along to the osg-submissions mailing list.  The best way to post them are as whole modified files.

I don't know what the current development status of osgOcean is so can't comment on the best way to progress with this.  One route might be to create a github repository and let others pull the changes from there.

Robert.

On 30 September 2015 at 15:33, Fabrizio Sciarra < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

we are an Italian software company working with OSG and osgOcean in simulation scenarios.
We currently have some minor/major changes to c++ code and shaders to take into account several aspects in osgOcean we had troubles with.
We would like to give back to the community by submitting our code, and
some of you has already found messages posted on various forum topics by one of our employee, Paradox (dr. Dario Maggiari).

We understand this has to be taken into account via an evaluation process and we're ready to afford the evaluation and discussion on that.

Now, how to submit these code changes?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Fabrizio

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=65260#65260

Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
fabrizio.sciarra@b-k.it (Fabrizio Sciarra)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:
Re: BK patches to osgOcean for stability, up to osg 3.4.0 compilation and more

Dear Robert,
first of all thank you very much for taking your precious time to answer and give your advice: we appreciate very much.
Looks like there's not too much interest in osgOcean progress in this period.
Or maybe for other people it works nicely as it is.
Our environment, as I've explained to you a few days ago, is a complex application scenario with terrestrial, above and underwater articulated vehicles, all interactive or driven by internal simulations or external telemetries, all fully dynamic with a few scenario's options preconfigured.

And for sure our own powerful bugs (they come for free but shhhh... don't tell anybody or people will ask only for those).

For what regards opening a github, well, in this moment we don't have the means to give the right assistance to people who may download ocean from our repository and consequently might need to have explanations on topics and usage of the whole, which is far beyond our current knowledge and time availability.

Let's say that, for now, everybody can read we have some patches to compile osgOcean with 3.4.0 and that we've found some bugs on the code which affects overall stability.
If anyone has similar troubles can try to contact us.
In the mean time we'll wait to see what happens.

For what regards OSG we're still in the process of modifying stuff so we need more time.
But thank you very much for indicating the way to proceed.

I'm at your disposal for any question.
Best regards,
Cheers!
Fabrizio
robertson1
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Hi Fabrizio,

I'd be interested to see your patches to get osgOcean working with osg 3.4.0.

I'm just in the process of trying to get it working. I've changed a few things and got it to compile at least, but there's quite a few glitches, garbled statesets etc. I've had slightly more success with version 1.1 than with the current trunk version.

Best regards

Jamie
robertson1
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

Hi,

Just to reply to my own last message. I have now managed to get it working properly. The mistakes were my own...

Thanks

jamie
minghia
Appreciator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject:

Would it be possible to get the patches so the software compiles against OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0, rather than reinventing the wheel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgOcean [osgOcean] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: