OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Issues with freetype & jpeg plugins LINKER ERRORS compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vlatko.vukovic@gmail.com
Newbie


Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:
Issues with freetype & jpeg plugins LINKER ERRORS compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7
Reply with quote

Hi,

I have issues with freetype & jpeg plugins linker error compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7 .
Mainly I succedded to build and install whole OSG including OSGJS plugin except for linker errors below:

................................................................................
Build started 28.10.2015. 18:44:34.
1>Project "C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build_OpenSceneGraph\src\osgPlugins\jpeg\osgdb_jpeg.vcxproj" on node 2 (Build target(s)).
1>Link:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\link.exe /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /OUT:"C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build_OpenSceneGraph\bin\osgPlugins-3.4.0\osgdb_jpeg.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib ..\..\..\lib\osgDB.lib ..\..\..\lib\osgUtil.lib "C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\lib\jpeg.lib" opengl32.lib ..\..\..\lib\osg.lib ..\..\..\lib\OpenThreads.lib "C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\lib\zlib.lib" opengl32.lib /MANIFEST /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /manifest:embed /PDB:"C:/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/build_OpenSceneGraph/bin/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_jpeg.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/build_OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_jpeg.lib" /MACHINE:X86 /SAFESEH /machine:X86 /DLL osgdb_jpeg.dir\Release\OpenSceneGraphVersionInfo.res
osgdb_jpeg.dir\Release\EXIF_Orientation.obj
osgdb_jpeg.dir\Release\ReaderWriterJPEG.obj
jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__sprintf
1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____iob_func
1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__fprintf
1>jpeg.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__sscanf
1>C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build_OpenSceneGraph\bin\osgPlugins-3.4.0\osgdb_jpeg.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
1>Done Building Project "C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build_OpenSceneGraph\src\osgPlugins\jpeg\osgdb_jpeg.vcxproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.
....................................................................

I would appreciate if someone can help and advice what should I do.

Thank you!

Cheers,
vlatko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SMesserschmidt (Sebastian Messerschmidt)
Forum Moderator


Joined: 10 Sep 2013
Posts: 764

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject:
Issues with freetype & jpeg plugins LINKER ERRORS compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7
Reply with quote

Hi Vlatko,

Could you provie some information on where you got the libjpeg build for
VS2015? I had to build it myself so maybe you're linking against the
wrong msvcrt-version/variant.

Cheers
Sebastian
Quote:
Hi,

I have issues with freetype & jpeg plugins linker error compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7 .
Mainly I succedded to build and install whole OSG including OSGJS plugin except for linker errors below:

................................................................................
Build started 28.10.2015. 18:44:34.
1>Project "C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build_OpenSceneGraph\src\osgPlugins\jpeg\osgdb_jpeg.vcxproj" on node 2 (Build target(s)).
1>Link:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\link.exe /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /OUT:"C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build_OpenSceneGraph\bin\osgPlugins-3.4.0\osgdb_jpeg.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib ..\..\..\lib\osgDB.lib ..\..\..\lib\osgUtil.lib "C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\lib\jpeg.lib" opengl32.lib ..\..\..\lib\osg.lib ..\..\..\lib\OpenThreads.lib "C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\lib\zlib.lib" opengl32.lib /MANIFEST /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /manifest:embed /PDB:"C:/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/build_OpenSceneGraph/bin/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_jpeg.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/build_OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_jpeg.lib" /MACHINE:X86 /SAFESEH /machine:X86 /DLL osgdb_jpeg.dir\Release\OpenSceneGraphVersionInfo.res
osgdb_jpeg.dir\Release\EXIF_Orientation.obj
osgdb_jpeg.dir\Release\ReaderWriterJPEG.obj
jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__sprintf
1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____iob_func
1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__fprintf
1>jpeg.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__sscanf
1>C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build_OpenSceneGraph\bin\osgPlugins-3.4.0\osgdb_jpeg.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
1>Done Building Project "C:\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build_OpenSceneGraph\src\osgPlugins\jpeg\osgdb_jpeg.vcxproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.
....................................................................

I would appreciate if someone can help and advice what should I do.

Thank you!

Cheers,
vlatko

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=65478#65478










------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trajce Nikolov NICK
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:
Issues with freetype & jpeg plugins LINKER ERRORS compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7
Reply with quote

Zdravo Vlatko,

Sebastian might have the point. I had to rebuild the 3rd party dependencies myself and can provide them to you (64 bit only, but I have CMake for them). Let me know if interested


p.s. Sebastian, did you get the deal of hosting your VS2015 build somewhere?


Nick


On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Sebastian Messerschmidt < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Vlatko,

Could you provie some information on where you got the libjpeg build for VS2015? I had to build it myself so maybe you're linking against the wrong msvcrt-version/variant.

Cheers
Sebastian
Quote:
Hi,

I have issues with freetype & jpeg plugins linker error compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7 .
Mainly I succedded to build and install whole OSG including OSGJS plugin except for linker errors below:

................................................................................
Build started 28.10.2015. 18:44:34.
      1>Project "C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0build_OpenSceneGraphsrcosgPluginsjpegosgdb_jpeg.vcxproj" on node 2 (Build target(s)).
      1>Link:
          C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0VCbinlink.exe /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /OUT:"C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0build_OpenSceneGraphbinosgPlugins-3.4.0osgdb_jpeg.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib ......libosgDB.lib ......libosgUtil.lib "C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.03rdPartylibjpeg.lib" opengl32.lib ......libosg.lib ......libOpenThreads.lib "C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.03rdPartylibzlib.lib" opengl32.lib /MANIFEST /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /manifest:embed /PDB:"C:/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/build_OpenSceneGraph/bin/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_jpeg.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/build_OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_jpeg.lib" /MACHINE:X86 /SAFESEH  /machine:X86 /DLL osgdb_jpeg.dirReleaseOpenSceneGraphVersionInfo.res
          osgdb_jpeg.dirReleaseEXIF_Orientation.obj
          osgdb_jpeg.dirReleaseReaderWriterJPEG.obj
          jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
      1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__sprintf
      1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____iob_func
      1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__fprintf
      1>jpeg.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__sscanf
      1>C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0build_OpenSceneGraphbinosgPlugins-3.4.0osgdb_jpeg.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
      1>Done Building Project "C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0build_OpenSceneGraphsrcosgPluginsjpegosgdb_jpeg.vcxproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.
....................................................................

I would appreciate if someone can help and advice what should I do.

Thank you!

Cheers,
vlatko

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=65478#65478





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org


_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org






--
trajce nikolov nick

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
SMesserschmidt (Sebastian Messerschmidt)
Forum Moderator


Joined: 10 Sep 2013
Posts: 764

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:
Issues with freetype & jpeg plugins LINKER ERRORS compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7
Reply with quote

Am 29.10.2015 um 09:46 schrieb Trajce Nikolov NICK:

Quote:
Zdravo Vlatko,

Sebastian might have the point. I had to rebuild the 3rd party dependencies myself and can provide them to you (64 bit only, but I have CMake for them). Let me know if interested


p.s. Sebastian, did you get the deal of hosting your VS2015 build somewhere?

I provided them to AlphaPixel, but I haven't got back any information. Right now I'm burried in other work, so I might get back on this later on.

Cheers
Sebastian
Quote:


Nick


On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Sebastian Messerschmidt <[url=mailto:] (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)[/url]> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Vlatko,

Could you provie some information on where you got the libjpeg build for VS2015? I had to build it myself so maybe you're linking against the wrong msvcrt-version/variant.

Cheers
Sebastian
Quote:
Hi,

I have issues with freetype & jpeg plugins linker error compiling OSG 3.4.0 using Visual Studio 15 on Windows 7 .
Mainly I succedded to build and install whole OSG including OSGJS plugin except for linker errors below:

................................................................................
Build started 28.10.2015. 18:44:34.
      1>Project "C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0build_OpenSceneGraphsrcosgPluginsjpegosgdb_jpeg.vcxproj" on node 2 (Build target(s)).
      1>Link:
          C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0VCbinlink.exe /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /OUT:"C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0build_OpenSceneGraphbinosgPlugins-3.4.0osgdb_jpeg.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib ......libosgDB.lib ......libosgUtil.lib "C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.03rdPartylibjpeg.lib" opengl32.lib ......libosg.lib ......libOpenThreads.lib "C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.03rdPartylibzlib.lib" opengl32.lib /MANIFEST /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /manifest:embed /PDB:"C:/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/build_OpenSceneGraph/bin/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_jpeg.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/build_OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_jpeg.lib" /MACHINE:X86 /SAFESEH  /machine:X86 /DLL osgdb_jpeg.dirReleaseOpenSceneGraphVersionInfo.res
          osgdb_jpeg.dirReleaseEXIF_Orientation.obj
          osgdb_jpeg.dirReleaseReaderWriterJPEG.obj
          jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
      1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__sprintf
      1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____iob_func
      1>jpeg.lib(jerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__fprintf
      1>jpeg.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__sscanf
      1>C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0build_OpenSceneGraphbinosgPlugins-3.4.0osgdb_jpeg.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
      1>Done Building Project "C:OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0build_OpenSceneGraphsrcosgPluginsjpegosgdb_jpeg.vcxproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.
....................................................................

I would appreciate if someone can help and advice what should I do.

Thank you!

Cheers,
vlatko

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=65478#65478





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org


_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org






--
trajce nikolov nick




Quote:
_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts Adding WOFF extension to freetype plugin robertosfield Submission 0 Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:48 pm View latest post
No new posts #include <string> on MSVC resul... Voerman, L. General 4 Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:28 am View latest post
No new posts Does osgb file has compatible issues ... saedrna1 General 3 Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:01 pm View latest post
No new posts MFC mdi child windows show the scene ... rposg General 1 Fri May 26, 2017 6:37 pm View latest post
No new posts Crash on Windows 10 with a Display Li... efson General 2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP