OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

osgViewer::Viewer fullscreen dual monitor issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akaisora (Soulaymen Chouri)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I am still new around here, I've got the book "OpenSceneGraph 3.0 Beginner's Guide" and learning step by step. But I have dual monitors and running any osg::Viewer example I got fullscreen window on both monitors, and a splitted view as demonstrated in the attached screenshot.

Bascially it swaps the two monitors, the left render should have been on the right and vice versa.

Any idea how to fix it? Except using only one monitor Smile

Thank you!

Cheers,
Soulaymen
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject:

Hi Soulaymen,

By default the osgViewer::Viewer calls View::setUpViewAcrossAllScreens() as a fallback if no windows have been assigned to viewer when viewer.realize() or viewer.run() is called.  The setUpViewAcrossAllScreen() detects how many screens you have on your system and then opens up a window on each one, if there are more than one then it assumes that screen 0 is to the left, screen 1 is directly to it's right and so on for all your screens.  On you system it looks like you have screen 1 to the left of screen 0.

I think there may be a way to configure Windows to use a different ordering of screens, so you could look at the display/driver settings for a solution.

The other route would be to explicitly tell the viewer what display configuration you want to use.  There are various ways you can do this, rather than go through all the possible combinations could you give us an idea of what you'd like to see as your default setup?

Robert.

On 28 April 2016 at 19:32, Soulaymen Chouri < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I am still new around here, I've got the book "OpenSceneGraph 3.0 Beginner's Guide" and learning step by step. But I have dual monitors and running any osg::Viewer example I got fullscreen window on both monitors, and a splitted view as demonstrated in the attached screenshot.

Bascially it swaps the two monitors, the left render should have been on the right and vice versa.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Soulaymen

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67010#67010

Attachments:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/osg_209.png

)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
akaisora (Soulaymen Chouri)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Hello Rebert,
Thank you very much for your explanation, as I am knew to OSG, this really helps a lot Smile

My monitors' order is exactly as you mentioned.

Since I am just getting started, I don't really need multi-monitor rendering, so after toying with the viewer class, I found out about "Viewer::setUpViewOnSingleScreen" and I set it up to my primary display.

Oh, I tried to look into Windows API to figure out how to fix it (within OSG) but realized it's more advanced than I thought. ...Thanks again!Cheers,Soulaymen
-- Envoi scuris avec Tutanota. Obtenez votre adresse email chiffre aujourd'hui! (
):
Quote:
Hi Soulaymen,
By default the osgViewer::Viewer calls View::setUpViewAcrossAllScreens() as a fallback if no windows have been assigned to viewer when viewer.realize() or viewer.run() is called. The setUpViewAcrossAllScreen() detects how many screens you have on your system and then opens up a window on each one, if there are more than one then it assumes that screen 0 is to the left, screen 1 is directly to it's right and so on for all your screens. On you system it looks like you have screen 1 to the left of screen 0.
I think there may be a way to configure Windows to use a different ordering of screens, so you could look at the display/driver settings for a solution.
The other route would be to explicitly tell the viewer what display configuration you want to use. There are various ways you can do this, rather than go through all the possible combinations could you give us an idea of what you'd like to see as your default setup?
Robert.
On 28 April 2016 at 19:32, Soulaymen Chouri < (
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I am still new around here, I've got the book "OpenSceneGraph 3.0 Beginner's Guide" and learning step by step. But I have dual monitors and running any osg::Viewer example I got fullscreen window on both monitors, and a splitted view as demonstrated in the attached screenshot. Bascially it swaps the two monitors, the left render should have been on the right and vice versa. Any idea how to fix it? Except using only one monitor Smile ... Thank you! Cheers, Soulaymen ------------------ Read this topic online here: (
) http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
bbjorn
Appreciator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:
Re: osgViewer::Viewer fullscreen dual monitor issue

akaisora wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!

Cheers,
Soulaymen

Hi Soulaymen,

This is because you have your monitors setup in the wrong order in your windows settings. Windows enumerates your monitors, which can be seen in the displays settings. Make sure that your leftmost monitor have id 1 and the one to the right have id 2. (Note that this have nothing to do with which monitor is set to be primary or secondary, it is quite possible to make monitor 2 the primary monitor.).

I suspect that if you open the display settings you will currently have something that looks like this (Note the numbers on the displays and their location):
http://i.stack.imgur.com/SQzT8.png

You will need to change this so the numbers are in order left to right.

Regards
Björn
AnyOldName3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm having a similar issue but under slightly different circumstances. Unlike the original author of this thread, my leftmost monitor shows as having the lower index.

Is there anything I can do about this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: