OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

DAE build failure.. dae.h not found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Hi,
I almost figured out how to get dae built. At least its building now. I'm seeing the following build error:

Quote:
------ Build started: Project: Plugins dae, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
190> Building Custom Rule C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/src/osgPlugins/dae/CMakeLists.txt
190> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\osg\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build64\src\osgPlugins\dae\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
190> daeReader.cpp
190>c:\osg\openscenegraph-3.4.0\openscenegraph-3.4.0\src\osgplugins\dae\daeReader.h(19): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dae.h': No such file or directory
190> daeRAnimations.cpp
190>c:\osg\openscenegraph-3.4.0\openscenegraph-3.4.0\src\osgplugins\dae\daeReader.h(19): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dae.h': No such file or directory
190> daeRGeometry.cpp
190> daeRMaterials.cpp
190> daeRSceneObjects.cpp
190> daeRSkinning.cpp
190> daeRTransforms.cpp
190> daeWAnimations.cpp
190>c:\osg\openscenegraph-3.4.0\openscenegraph-3.4.0\src\osgplugins\dae\daeWriter.h(49): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dae.h': No such file or directory
190> daeWGeometry.cpp

Oddly I dont see that header file in the dae plugin source code:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkVEM1TGtzM0trVGM

I did find it in the 3rdparty/include root folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkMXRyZEp6QThDU28

My 3rd party libs are here:
C:\osg\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty

I think i'm close.

Can you please tell me what I might be missing?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:

Hi Dave,

I don't know how you've gone about getting the dae plugin to work so
it's not possible for us to know what might have gone wrong along the
way.

Given the lack of details about your set up the best I can do is
general statements. For instance you need to compile the COLLADA_DOM
for your platform then get the OSG's build system to detect this, such
as by setting the COLLADA_DIR env var prior to running
CMake/CMakeSetup. If this run correctly then the OSG' dae plugin
should then build without problems.

Robert.

On 6 June 2016 at 00:07, Dave Sargrad <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
I almost figured out how to get dae built. At least its building now. I'm seeing the following build error:

Quote:
------ Build started: Project: Plugins dae, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
190> Building Custom Rule C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/src/osgPlugins/dae/CMakeLists.txt
190> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\osg\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\build64\src\osgPlugins\dae\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
190> daeReader.cpp
190> daeRAnimations.cpp
190> daeRGeometry.cpp
190> daeRMaterials.cpp
190> daeRSceneObjects.cpp
190> daeRSkinning.cpp
190> daeRTransforms.cpp
190> daeWAnimations.cpp
190>c:\osg\openscenegraph-3.4.0\openscenegraph-3.4.0\src\osgplugins\dae\daeWriter.h(49): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dae.h': No such file or directory
190> daeWGeometry.cpp

Can you please tell me what I might be missing?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67430#67430

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I apologize for not providing the detail. Let me attempt to do so. Rather than compile the DOM, I downloaded the full set of 3rd party dependencies from this page.

http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/download-section/dependencies
The specific download I used is this one.

There is a 1.4 and a 1.5 DOM within this set. I extracted the dependencies and placed them under my OSG source tree.

You can see the 1.4 header location within my tree here (under x64/include):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkbnYzUGdkUGlQTDQ

I also attempted to copy the 1.4 include DOM folder into my root 3rd party folder, as I went through several trials. Because of the setting for my ACTUAL_3RD_PARTY_DIR, I thought that might help.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkQ0Jzd245eHZGTWM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkdlpZSHhITnpQSWs

I went through several iterations of trying to get COLLADA configured. This is my current latest.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkOGVWTDJ6LWNDT1E

Note, I'm not sure how to set
Code:
COLLADA_INCLUDE_DOMANY_DIR-NOTFOUND

I did find domAny.h in the dae folder. Should I set this to point to that folder?

The downloaded dependencies has the compiled DOM you refer to.
It is therefore referenced in my COLLADA configuration.

Drilling down into my 3rd party libs, we can see that compiled library.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkSWRmbXV4VFZpX1k

I had not set any environment variables. I had only attempted to configure the COLLADA includes and libs location through CMAKE. This seemed to work for all other plugins.

Should I also set the environment variable as you suggest? I am not sure what value to assign to COLLADA_DIR (however given your suggestion I've now tried 3 different values for this env). Given that I find a DOM within the 1.4 area, perhaps I want to set it to the following:
Code:
C:\osg\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\x64\include\1.4\dom

Unforutunately a quick test with this value for COLLADA_DIR still fails to find dae.h.

Testing it within an alternative value, based on where I see dae.h, also unfortunately fails.
Code:
C:\osg\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\x64\include\dae

Looking into the code itself at the daereader, I'm trying to get a sense of how I should set COLLADA_DIR. I see a direct reference to dae.h, and as well references to the dae and the dom folders. As you can see from this view of the daereader, after a build attempt, the compiler fails to recognize the location of any of these assets (though I've manually found each).

Based on this close look at daereader, clearly the two include directories of significance are:

Code:
C:\osg\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\x64\include\1.4
C:\osg\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\x64\include

My last attempt at setting COLLADA_DIR .. to the include root, also failed.

Looking at the cmakelists.txt (in osgPlugsin/dae) I do see both these folders referenced parametrically.
Code:
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES( ${COLLADA_INCLUDE_DIR} ${COLLADA_INCLUDE_DIR}/1.4)

How are these include paths configured into the solution?

I feel like I'm close. However the magic sauce evades me. Smile

I think I have all the Collada assets (binary and include). I think I have the compiled DOM. If you can tell me which value COLLADA_DIR should be (given the configuration detailed above), I'll rerun cmake, and hopefully I'll be in good shape.

Hopefully this added detail provides you with some more insights to help me.

I do appreciate your response.. Thanks for looking at this.

Cheers,
Dave
rmilh
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

Hi Dave,

Quote:
I apologize for not providing the detail. Let me attempt to. Rather than compile the DOM, I downloaded the full set of 3rd party dependencies from this page.

http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/download-section/dependencies
The specific download I used is this one (http://download.osgvisual.org/3rdParty_VS2013_v120_x86_x64_V9_full.7z).

There is a 1.4 and a 1.5 DOM within this set. I extracted the dependcies and placed them under my OSG source tree.

You can see their location within my tree here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkQ0Jzd245eHZGTWM

I went through several iterations of trying to get COLLADA configured. This is my current latest.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkOGVWTDJ6LWNDT1E

I believe COLLADA_INCLUDE_DIR shouldn't point to DOM headers. You should probably set it to c:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty/x64/include . You should also set DEBUG variants of the boost libraries to point to libboost_*mt-gd*.lib (mt = multi threaded, gd = debug) and COLLADA_PCRECPP_LIBRARY_DEBUG to pcrecppd.lib (pcrecpp(with d suffix).lib) and also COLLADA_PCRE_LIBRARY_DEBUG to pcred.lib.

Cheers,
Robert M.

------------------
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

Hi,

The process of documenting the details, led to a tiny bit of progress.

Oddly, daeRMaterials.cpp references domAny.h in dom, yet as mentioned in my detailed analysis above, I actually find this file in dae.

Clearly the precompiler thinks I'm using DOM 2.4 or later, yet I see an older lib in the downloaded dependencies.

Code:
#ifdef COLLADA_DOM_2_4_OR_LATER
#include <dom/domAny.h>
using namespace ColladaDOM141;
#endif

By the way, I got past the problem of dae.h not found with the right COLLADA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORY as seen here, (and suggested by Robert above). This is my current latest COLLADA config in cmake.

Also, as you can see from my cmake configuraiton my COLLADA_DOM_ROOT path is incorrect. I try to set this to a correct path, but CMAKE ignores my setting and forces it to the incorrect path.

Incorrect
    C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty/x64/include/dom
    Correct
    C:\osg\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\3rdParty\x64\include\1.4\dom

So my current latest question is why does the precompiler think this is set: COLLADA_DOM_2_4_OR_LATER? I dont explicitly set it in CMAKE's collada config.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited by dsargrad on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:35 am; edited 6 times in total
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:
Re: DAE build failure.. dae.h not found

rmilh wrote:

I believe COLLADA_INCLUDE_DIR shouldn't point to DOM headers. You should probably set it to c:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty/x64/include . You should also set DEBUG variants of the boost libraries to point to libboost_*mt-gd*.lib (mt = multi threaded, gd = debug) and COLLADA_PCRECPP_LIBRARY_DEBUG to pcrecppd.lib (pcrecpp(with d suffix).lib) and also COLLADA_PCRE_LIBRARY_DEBUG to pcred.lib.

Cheers,
Robert M.

Thank you Robert for confirming this. I finally realized this when I looked at the cmakelists for the dae plugin
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

Hi,

This is my current latest COLLADA configuration. The reason that the COLLADA_DOM_ROOT was wrong was because I had an improper COLLADA_DIR environment variable.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkOWhuYUhWSTZEWDQ

Can you see something in this configuration that would cause COLLADA_DOM_2_4_OR_LATER to be set?

Sorry for the big red caps , I was happy to get to this level of understanding Idea , so thought I'd emphasize my current latest quandary Exclamation

Thank you for what I hope to be the final bit of guidance!

Cheers,
Dave
rmilh
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Hi Dave

Quote:
Hi,

This is my current latest COLLADA configuration. The reason that the COLLADA_DOM_ROOT was wrong was because I had an improper COLLADA_DIR environment variable.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkOWhuYUhWSTZEWDQ

Can you see something in this configuration that would cause COLLADA_DOM_2_4_OR_LATER to be set?

Yes. In FindCOLLADA.cmake :

IF (COLLADA_INCLUDE_DOMANY_DIR)
SET(COLLADA_DOM_2_4_OR_LATER TRUE)
ELSEIF()
SET(COLLADA_DOM_2_4_OR_LATER FALSE)
ENDIF()

You will have to unset/remove entry COLLADA_INCLUDE_DOMANY_DIR .

Cheers,
Robert Milharcic

------------------
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:
Re: DAE build failure.. dae.h not found

rmilh wrote:

Yes. In FindCOLLADA.cmake :

IF (COLLADA_INCLUDE_DOMANY_DIR)
SET(COLLADA_DOM_2_4_OR_LATER TRUE)
ELSEIF()
SET(COLLADA_DOM_2_4_OR_LATER FALSE)
ENDIF()

You will have to unset/remove entry COLLADA_INCLUDE_DOMANY_DIR .

Cheers,
Robert Milharcic

You are my saviour! Thank you my good man. I now can compile the dae plugin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: