OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

osgUtil::TriStripVisitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I'm wondering if the TriStripVisitor, and a few other such visitors that I've seen referenced, are still within OSG. In my current build I see the smoothing visitor, the culling visitor, the intersection visitor, the update visitor (and a couple of other visitors).

I dont see the TriStripVisitor (nor do I see the Simplifier, the TangentSpaceGenerator, or the Tesselator). Is this because I have not built them in properly, or are they obsolete, or perhaps moved to another class?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Hi,

As an aside, I am wondering if this capability is missing because I failed to connect some of the dependencies during CMAKE configure.

Note the following CMAKE configuration summary:

64 bit architecture detected
    searching TIFF -->tiff.h<-->libtiff<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching FREETYPE -->ft2build.h<-->freetype;freetype2311MT;freetype234;freetype234MT;freetype235;freetype237;freetype238;freetype244;freetype250;<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching CURL -->curl/curl.h<-->libcurl;curllib<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching JPEG -->jpeglib.h<-->libjpeg;jpeg<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching GDAL -->gdal.h<-->gdal;gdal16<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching GLUT -->GL/glut.h<-->glut32<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching GIFLIB -->gif_lib.h<-->ungif;libungif;giflib<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching ZLIB -->zlib.h<-->z;zlib;zlib1<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching PNG -->png.h<-->libpng;libpng13;libpng15;libpng16<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    searching LIBXML2 -->libxml2<-->libxml2<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
    Could NOT find Freetype (missing: FREETYPE_LIBRARY FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS)
    Could NOT find Jasper (missing: JASPER_LIBRARIES JASPER_INCLUDE_DIR)
    Could NOT find GDAL (missing: GDAL_LIBRARY GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR)
    Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
    Could NOT find GStreamer (missing: GSTREAMER_INCLUDE_DIRS GSTREAMER_LIBRARIES GSTREAMER_VERSION GSTREAMER_BASE_INCLUDE_DIRS GSTREAMER_BASE_LIBRARIES GSTREAMER_APP_INCLUDE_DIRS GSTREAMER_APP_LIBRARIES GSTREAMER_PBUTILS_INCLUDE_DIRS GSTREAMER_PBUTILS_LIBRARIES)
    Could NOT find SDL2 (missing: SDL2_LIBRARY SDL2_INCLUDE_DIR)
    Could NOT find SDL (missing: SDL_LIBRARY SDL_INCLUDE_DIR)
    Found unsuitable Qt version "" from NOTFOUND
    Could NOT find Qt3 (missing: QT_QT_LIBRARY QT_INCLUDE_DIR QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE)
    Could NOT find FLTK (missing: FLTK_LIBRARIES FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE)
    Could NOT find GLUT (missing: GLUT_glut_LIBRARY GLUT_INCLUDE_DIR)
    Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing: wxWidgets_FOUND)
    Configuring done

I see that the GLUT library is missing. I'm assuming this isnt good! Is it possible that this oversight caused certain osgUtil functions to be missing?

Trying to get glut configured. What is the difference between GLUT_LIBRARY and GLUT_glut_LIBRARY? In the following you'll see that I set GLUT_LIBRARY to point to the x64 variant of glut32.lib, should GLUT_glut_LIBRARY point to the same library?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkVFBsU3hTbEV2bjA

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

Hi Dave,

I really don't know how you've hidden the osgUtil::Simplifier,
osgUtil::TriStripVisitor and osgUtil::Tesselator and
osgUtil::TangentSpaceGenerator classes, there are always built as part
of the osgUtil lbrary, there is no way to disable them and there
remain in the code base now and goes make many many versions.

You must being doing something wrong in where you are looking for
these classes as they 100% sure will be there unless you've manually
gone a deleted them.

Robert.

On 7 June 2016 at 09:28, Dave Sargrad <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if the TriStripVisitor, and a few other such visitors that I've seen referenced, are still within OSG. In my current build I see the smoothing visitor, the culling visitor, the intersection visitor, the update visitor (and a couple of other visitors).

I dont see the TriStripVisitor (nor do I see the Simplifier, the TangentSpaceGenerator, or the Tesselator). Is this because I have not built them in properly, or are they obsolete, or perhaps moved to another class?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67467#67467

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

It's fine to not have a wide range of 3rd party dependencies when
building the OSG. GLUT is only used in one of the examples -
osgviewerglut. This example only exists for reference for those still
daft enough to want to use as something as outdated as GLUT Wink So
you are fine not have GLUT, FLTK, Qt etc.etc. The OSG at it's core is
just OpenGL and C++.

On 7 June 2016 at 09:51, Dave Sargrad <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

As an aside, I am wondering if this capability is missing because I failed to connect some of the dependencies during CMAKE configure.

Note the following CMAKE configuration summary:

64 bit architecture detected
searching TIFF -->tiff.h<-->libtiff<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching FREETYPE -->ft2build.h<-->freetype;freetype2311MT;freetype234;freetype234MT;freetype235;freetype237;freetype238;freetype244;freetype250;<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching CURL -->curl/curl.h<-->libcurl;curllib<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching JPEG -->jpeglib.h<-->libjpeg;jpeg<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching GDAL -->gdal.h<-->gdal;gdal16<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching GLUT -->GL/glut.h<-->glut32<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching GIFLIB -->gif_lib.h<-->ungif;libungif;giflib<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching ZLIB -->zlib.h<-->z;zlib;zlib1<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching PNG -->png.h<-->libpng;libpng13;libpng15;libpng16<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
searching LIBXML2 -->libxml2<-->libxml2<-->C:/osg/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0/3rdParty<--
Could NOT find Freetype (missing: FREETYPE_LIBRARY FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS)
Could NOT find Jasper (missing: JASPER_LIBRARIES JASPER_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find GDAL (missing: GDAL_LIBRARY GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find GStreamer (missing: GSTREAMER_INCLUDE_DIRS GSTREAMER_LIBRARIES GSTREAMER_VERSION GSTREAMER_BASE_INCLUDE_DIRS GSTREAMER_BASE_LIBRARIES GSTREAMER_APP_INCLUDE_DIRS GSTREAMER_APP_LIBRARIES GSTREAMER_PBUTILS_INCLUDE_DIRS GSTREAMER_PBUTILS_LIBRARIES)
Could NOT find SDL2 (missing: SDL2_LIBRARY SDL2_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find SDL (missing: SDL_LIBRARY SDL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Found unsuitable Qt version "" from NOTFOUND
Could NOT find Qt3 (missing: QT_QT_LIBRARY QT_INCLUDE_DIR QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE)
Could NOT find FLTK (missing: FLTK_LIBRARIES FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE)
Could NOT find GLUT (missing: GLUT_glut_LIBRARY GLUT_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing: wxWidgets_FOUND)
Configuring done

I see that the GLUT library is missing. I'm assuming this isnt good! Is it possible that this oversight caused certain osgUtil functions to be missing?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67469#67469

------------------
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

Hi,

Thanks for the fast responses.. I'll avoid linking in GLUT (it didnt seem right to use it, so I did leave it out).

I'll see if I can figure out why I am not seeing those visitors.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

On 7 June 2016 at 10:17, Dave Sargrad <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the fast responses.. I'll avoid linking in GLUT (it didnt seem right to use it, so I did leave it out).

You don't need to avoid anything, the Cmake build system will simply
not build the parts of the OSG that it doesn't have dependencies for.

Quote:
I'll see if I can figure out why I am not seeing those visitors.

Look in the include/osgUtil

Robert.

------------------
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

This is odd. I see a whole list of includes in include/osgUtil. I certainly see the "missing classes" (e.g. Tessellator).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkd3BGQlZaUTkyQlU

However Visual studio does not recognize or compile successfully.

In the following image you'll see the call to one of the tesselator messages just after the successful call to the TriStripVisotor:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkbTZxaGY5OXBXdzg

Note, when I try to use the "Go to Definition function" in visual studio, I see the following search results:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkNFNJU2Q4X1pIREk

This indicates that the search function seems to find the class, though the compiler doesnt.

When I attempt to "Go To Definition" for osgUtil, I see the following list of content classes:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkSGxmQTc2N1NFU0U

I've done nothing to remove such classes. The entire build of OSG seems quite clean. I've gone through the build several times now, each with the same seemingly clean results.... yet something is not quite right.

Note, one thing that I see that is special about Tesselator is the dependency on osg/GLU (not sure this matters).

Code:
#ifndef OSGUTIL_Tessellator
#define OSGUTIL_Tessellator

#include <osg/Geometry>

#include <osgUtil/Export>

#include <osg/GLU>

#include <vector>

This in turn depends on osg/GL
Code:

#ifndef OSG_GLU
#define OSG_GLU 1

#include <osg/GL>

I dont see the "GL" include.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkZzFMTElnc3hqelU

Though I do see a 3rd party dependency GL include folder
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkRFIwWVpWc1JNMzQ

When I rebuild osgUtil, I see the Tesselator build.. just fine

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUf-8Ad-iIkRzFERXdGMXlSbGM

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave
dsargrad
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Please do not hesitate to call me an idiot.. I thought I checked and rechecked this...

It does help to have something such as the following tidbit of code:

Code:
#include <osgUtil/Tessellator>

I feel shame. Embarassed

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: