OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

[OSG Exporter problem] Export skinning model with biped animation to OSG format


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tungwert (Tung Nguyen)
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:
[OSG Exporter problem] Export skinning model with biped animation to OSG format
Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm newbie in 3dsMax and want to export an human model with animation, I created a biped and skinning to model, create some animation and make it run, in 3ds max, i can see the model moving with linked biped inside, but when i export to IVE format, just biped moving, model not move following the biped, i cant know what wrong, i use OpenSceneGraph Max Exporter from Farshid Lashkari.

I found in some topic a thing call osgAnimation, but i dont know how to use it.

You can see some picture captured in this link
Model in 3ds max



Model after export to IVE, i used OSGViewer to view model.



I really really need help for this, many thank.

Cheers,
Tung
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tungwert (Tung Nguyen)
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi,
Anyone can help me plzzzz,
...

Thank you!

Cheers,
Tung
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pelle Nordqvist
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:
[OSG Exporter problem] Export skinning model with biped animation to OSG format
Reply with quote

Hello Tung, I suggest you try exporting to .fbx format instead, then make sure to recompile OSG with fbx support,

then use osganimationviewer to view the result.


Cheers,


/Pelle


On 28 June 2016 at 08:50, Tung Nguyen < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
Anyone can help me plzzzz,
...

Thank you!

Cheers,
Tung

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67867#67867





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org




------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
tungwert (Tung Nguyen)
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject:
Re: [OSG Exporter problem] Export skinning model with biped animation to OSG format
Reply with quote

Hi Pelle,

I tried to export model to fbx format, and the animation working correctly.
But when i try to convert from fbx to ive format, it's have an error
<Warning: could not find plugin to read object from file "model.fbx", Error no data loaded>

i use <osgconv.exe model.fbx model.ive> command to compile ive file

many thanks for yout help

cheers.

Pelle Nordqvist wrote:
Hello Tung, I suggest you try exporting to .fbx format instead, then make sure to recompile OSG with fbx support,

then use osganimationviewer to view the result.


Cheers,


/Pelle


On 28 June 2016 at 08:50, Tung Nguyen < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
Anyone can help me plzzzz,
...

Thank you!

Cheers,
Tung

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67867#67867





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org




------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pelle Nordqvist
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:
[OSG Exporter problem] Export skinning model with biped animation to OSG format
Reply with quote

I'm not sure .ive can carry animations at all actually.

How do you mean .fbx is working correctly? In osganimationviewer?

I can convert .fbx to .ive but I always lose the animations in the process.


Anyway it looks like you compiled osgconv without fbx support.

Maybe the newer format .osgb will do a better job. But you still need to recompile

with fbx support to try it.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775847




Regards,


/Pelle



On 28 June 2016 at 10:05, Tung Nguyen < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Pelle,

I tried to export model to fbx format, and the animation working correctly.
But when i try to convert from fbx to ive format, it's have an error
<Warning: could not find plugin to read object from file "model.fbx", Error no data loaded>

i use <osgconv.exe model.fbx model.ive> command to compile ive file

many thanks for yout help

cheers.


Pelle Nordqvist wrote:
Quote:
Hello Tung, I suggest you try exporting to .fbx format instead, then make sure to recompile OSG with fbx support,

then use osganimationviewer to view the result.


Cheers,


/Pelle


On 28 June 2016 at 08:50, Tung Nguyen < ()> wrote:

Quote:
Hi,
Anyone can help me plzzzz,
...

Thank you!

Cheers,
Tung

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67867#67867 (http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67867#67867)





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
  ()
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org (http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org)





  ------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum


------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67870#67870





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org




------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
tungwert (Tung Nguyen)
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi, Pelle Nordqvist

.fbx is working correctly that mean I open it in 3ds Max and can see it move, i dont have osganimationviewer, just osgviewer and when open FBX in osgviewer, i have error about lack of plugin support for FBX file.

About the OSGB file, i tried export and the result is save as ive, just biped move and the model skin dont move anything.

Do you have any other solution. many thanks for your help.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Tung
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pelle Nordqvist
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:
[OSG Exporter problem] Export skinning model with biped animation to OSG format
Reply with quote

Hi Tung,

So it seems .osgb can not support animations either.
Then the only option seems to be to recompile your OSG with FBX support,
using the link I provided.


On linux I just unpack it and run cmake.
On Windows I am lost though...but many others have discussed it in the forum.


Hth,



/Pelle




On 4 July 2016 at 17:09, Tung Nguyen < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Pelle Nordqvist

.fbx is working correctly that mean I open it in 3ds Max and can see it move, i dont have osganimationviewer, just osgviewer and when open FBX in osgviewer, i have error about lack of plugin support for FBX file.

About the OSGB file, i tried export and the result is save as ive, just biped move and the model skin dont move anything.

Do you have any other solution. many thanks for your help.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Tung

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=67986#67986





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org




------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts Real time Strobing effect for on scre... rposg General 4 Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 pm View latest post
No new posts BVH and model axis centering: a model... Paradox Plugins [osgPlugins] 0 Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:27 pm View latest post
No new posts Best Model For Augmented Reality? Bobykhani General [forum] 3 Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:49 am View latest post
No new posts Problem With Osg Texture Colors! Bobykhani General [forum] 1 Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 am View latest post
No new posts Problem compiling OSG 3.4.1 osgDB 64 bit tonyor Build system [build] 0 Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP