OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

using osgconv with fbx?


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kwsteele
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:
using osgconv with fbx?
Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to use osgconv to convert fbx to osg (on a Mac). I had downloaded and installed osg before and I was able to convert obj to osg. Then, I wanted to use fbx.

When I tried to convert fbx to osg, I got an error message that said:
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "creature.fbx"

I read online that we needed to download and install the FBX SDK which I believe I did do. However, I don't know what to do next to get osgconv to find and use the right fbx plugin. Any advice?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Kevin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 10893

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:
using osgconv with fbx?
Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

You will need to recompile the OSG again making sure that it picks up
on the FBX SDK you've installed.

Robert

On 13 February 2017 at 20:22, Kevin Steele <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I am trying to use osgconv to convert fbx to osg (on a Mac). I had downloaded and installed osg before and I was able to convert obj to osg. Then, I wanted to use fbx.

When I tried to convert fbx to osg, I got an error message that said:
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "creature.fbx"

I read online that we needed to download and install the FBX SDK which I believe I did do. However, I don't know what to do next to get osgconv to find and use the right fbx plugin. Any advice?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Kevin

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=70177#70177








------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kwsteele
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi,

You say to make sure that OSG picks up on the FBX SDK. How do I do that? I tried to recompile OSG, but it didn't seem to pick up the FBX SDK.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Kevin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 10893

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:
using osgconv with fbx?
Reply with quote

On 15 February 2017 at 23:32, Kevin Steele <> wrote:
Quote:
You say to make sure that OSG picks up on the FBX SDK. How do I do that? I tried to recompile OSG, but it didn't seem to pick up the FBX SDK.

To configure the build you use:

ccmake .

Then scroll down to the entry for FBX.

Robert


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voerman, L.
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:
using osgconv with fbx?
Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,seems like the fbx plugin is not used very much on apple, and is a bit outdated.
I don't have an apple, but you can try to update "OpenSceneGraphCMakeModulesFindFBX.cmake" with the attached version,
I added a search path for fbx 2017.1 sdk and the subdir for the clang compiler.




Laurens.





On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Robert Osfield < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
On 15 February 2017 at 23:32, Kevin Steele < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
You say to make sure that OSG picks up on the FBX SDK. How do I do that? I tried to recompile OSG, but it didn't seem to pick up the FBX SDK.

To configure the build you use:

     ccmake .

Then scroll down to the entry for FBX.

Robert
_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org




------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
kwsteele
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:
osgconv with fbx still not working
Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions, but it is still not working.
I added the paths for FBX_INCLUDE_DIR, FBX_LIBRARY, and FBX_LIBRARY_DEBUG in CmakeCache.txt. Then, I recompiled OSG.

However, when I tried to convert from fbx to osg, I got this error message:

"osgconv dragon.fbx dragon6.osg
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
dlopen(/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so, 9): Library not loaded: @executable_path/libfbxsdk.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so
Reason: image not found
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "dragon.fbx".
Error no data loaded"

Any idea how to fix that error?

Also, I can't see the attachment someone on this board tried to attach- there is a note that says: The Extension 'cmake' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.
Thank you!

Cheers,
Kevin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voerman, L.
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:
using osgconv with fbx?
Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,you solved the build problem, so never mind the cmake file.
the libsfxsdk.dylib needs to be in your library path, as it's needed to load osgdb_fbx.so 
A quick search suggests you could add "/Applications/Autodesk/FBX SDK/2017.1/lib/clang/release/libfbxsdk.dylib" to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or get the path into 
osgdb_fbx with the linker option "-install_name" .
Laurens.


On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 8:43 PM, Kevin Steele < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions, but it is still not working.
I added the paths for FBX_INCLUDE_DIR, FBX_LIBRARY, and FBX_LIBRARY_DEBUG in CmakeCache.txt. Then, I recompiled OSG.

However, when I tried to convert from fbx to osg, I got this error message:

"osgconv dragon.fbx dragon6.osg
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
dlopen(/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so, 9): Library not loaded: @executable_path/libfbxsdk.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so
  Reason: image not found
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "dragon.fbx".
Error no data loaded"

Any idea how to fix that error?

Also, I can't see the attachment someone on this board tried to attach- there is a note that says: The Extension 'cmake' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.
Thank you!

Cheers,
Kevin

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=70234#70234





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org




------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
kwsteele
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi, I tried that suggestion, but I still can't get osgconv to work with fbx.

I opened up the terminal and executed the command:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Autodesk/FBX\ SDK/2017.1/lib/clang/release/libfbxsdk.dylib

Then, I tried to use osgconv with an fbx file and I got the following error message:

osgconv animal.fbx animal.osg
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
dlopen(/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so, 9): Library not loaded: @executable_path/libfbxsdk.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Autodesk/FBX SDK/2017.1/lib/clang/release/libfbxsdk.dylib/libfbxsdk.dylib: stat() failed with errno=20
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "animal.fbx".
Error no data loaded.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voerman, L.
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:
using osgconv with fbx?
Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,sorry, the command should be
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Autodesk/FBX SDK/2017.1/lib/clang/release/

(without the file name)
Laurens. 


On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Kevin Steele < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I tried that suggestion, but I still can't get osgconv to work with fbx.

I opened up the terminal and executed the command:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Autodesk/FBX SDK/2017.1/lib/clang/release/libfbxsdk.dylib

Then, I tried to use osgconv with an fbx file and I got the following error message:

osgconv animal.fbx animal.osg
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
dlopen(/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so, 9): Library not loaded: @executable_path/libfbxsdk.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.4.0/osgdb_fbx.so
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /Applications/Autodesk/FBX SDK/2017.1/lib/clang/release/libfbxsdk.dylib/libfbxsdk.dylib: stat() failed with errno=20
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "animal.fbx".
Error no data loaded.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=70303#70303





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org




------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
kwsteele
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks, that seems to work.

Cheers,
Kevin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts osgconv converting fbx to osg with an... ycchangabriel General 0 Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:35 pm View latest post
No new posts fix for osgconv crash while compressi... Voerman, L. Submission 1 Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:41 pm View latest post
No new posts osgconv --compressed-arb with osgb ge... Markus Sommerer General 1 Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:13 pm View latest post
No new posts osgconv and collada plugin minghia Plugins [osgPlugins] 0 Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 pm View latest post
No new posts osgConv : ive format cannot convert s... skylook General 3 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:48 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP