OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

osgText::Text fix for GLES2 (OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0)


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Submission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Konstantin
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:
osgText::Text fix for GLES2 (OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0)
Reply with quote

Hello Robert!


Here is one more fix for osgText in the attachment.

For osgText::Text (OSG 3.4.0 relese), not for osgText::Text3D Wink

The reason is: GL_UNSIGNED_INT type can't be used as a type for glDrawElements by GLES2 spec.


Best wishes!

KOS

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Konstantin
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:
osgText::Text fix for GLES2 (OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0)
Reply with quote

Hello, Robert!


Is submissions still working or should I use Pull requests on github?



KOS.



2017-02-14 21:35 GMT+03:00 Konstantin < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>:
Quote:
Hello Robert!


Here is one more fix for osgText in the attachment.

For osgText::Text (OSG 3.4.0 relese), not for osgText::Text3D Wink

The reason is: GL_UNSIGNED_INT type can't be used as a type for glDrawElements by GLES2 spec.


Best wishes!

KOS





------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 11192

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:
osgText::Text fix for GLES2 (OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0)
Reply with quote

On 5 April 2017 at 14:58, Konstantin <> wrote:
Quote:
Is submissions still working or should I use Pull requests on github?

My mail client is blocking your attachment suggestion there could be a
virus issue with it. Could you generate a PR for the change?

Thanks,
Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 11192

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:
osgText::Text fix for GLES2 (OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0)
Reply with quote

Hi Konstantin,

gmail is allowing me to download you attachment now so I've been able
to to do a review of the changes. I understand the motivation behind
the changes but feel that they are too intrusive in the they way they
push platform specific issues across the code.

I have amended the code to use DrawElements in the Text header, and
DrawElementsUShort in the .cpp to make it more flexible and compatible
with GLES2 implementations that don't support uint.

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/commit/8b433f8364a02bb07f57e96c6de9abbc2d42adce


Robert.

On 12 May 2017 at 11:31, Robert Osfield <> wrote:
Quote:
On 5 April 2017 at 14:58, Konstantin <> wrote:
Quote:
Is submissions still working or should I use Pull requests on github?

My mail client is blocking your attachment suggestion there could be a
virus issue with it. Could you generate a PR for the change?

Thanks,
Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Konstantin
Guest





PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:
osgText::Text fix for GLES2 (OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0)
Reply with quote

25 мая 2017 г. 12:46 PM пользователь "Robert Osfield" < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> написал:
Quote:
Hi Konstantin,

gmail is allowing me to download you attachment now so I've been able
to to do a review of the changes.  I understand the motivation behind
the changes but feel that they are too intrusive in the they way they
push platform specific issues across the code.

I have amended the code to use DrawElements in the Text header, and
DrawElementsUShort in the .cpp to make it more flexible and compatible
with GLES2 implementations that don't support uint.

    https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/commit/8b433f8364a02bb07f57e96c6de9abbc2d42adce


Robert.

On 12 May 2017 at 11:31, Robert Osfield < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
On 5 April 2017 at 14:58, Konstantin < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Is submissions still working or should I use Pull requests on github?

My mail client is blocking your attachment suggestion there could be a
virus issue with it.  Could you generate a PR for the change?

Thanks,
Robert.
_______________________________________________
osg-submissions mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-submissions-openscenegraph.org


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Konstantin
Guest





PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:
osgText::Text fix for GLES2 (OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0)
Reply with quote

Hi, Robert!

Thank you!!!



PS

Next time, I'll (create) pull requests on github.




2017-05-26 10:24 GMT+03:00 Konstantin < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>:
Quote:


25 мая 2017 г. 12:46 PM пользователь "Robert Osfield" < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> написал:
Quote:
Hi Konstantin,

gmail is allowing me to download you attachment now so I've been able
to to do a review of the changes.  I understand the motivation behind
the changes but feel that they are too intrusive in the they way they
push platform specific issues across the code.

I have amended the code to use DrawElements in the Text header, and
DrawElementsUShort in the .cpp to make it more flexible and compatible
with GLES2 implementations that don't support uint.

    https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/commit/8b433f8364a02bb07f57e96c6de9abbc2d42adce


Robert.

On 12 May 2017 at 11:31, Robert Osfield < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
On 5 April 2017 at 14:58, Konstantin < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Is submissions still working or should I use Pull requests on github?

My mail client is blocking your attachment suggestion there could be a
virus issue with it.  Could you generate a PR for the change?

Thanks,
Robert.
_______________________________________________
osg-submissions mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-submissions-openscenegraph.org







------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Submission All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts OpenSceneGraph static linking for And... tanshihaj Build system [build] 1 Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:56 pm View latest post
No new posts osg::Text::setBackdropType crash with... Carlo Lanzotti - DynaD... General 7 Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:40 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.4.1 released! robertosfield General 3 Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:39 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.4.1-rc3 tagged robertosfield General 2 Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:27 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.4.1-rc2 tagged robertosfield General 3 Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:25 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP