OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Does osgb file has compatible issues with older osg versions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saedrna1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I have developed an triangle mesh editing software, the data edited are a pagedlod data in osgb format. And I have used the latest development release to save the output in osgb. The accompanying osgViewer is capable to open my exported data.

However, my target software to use my data is a commercial software, called skyline, it uses an older version of osg, the osg80 seen from the dll name. And it fails to open the exported data.

So my question is, if there is any issues with the osgb format that breaks the compatibility? If so, is there any options to export an compatible osgb format?

P.S. the input before my editing is both good to be open in my software and skyline.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Han
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Hi Han,

I'm not the original author of the serialzer so haven't tested it
personally, but the osgDB::OutputStream class has a setFileVersion()
method may allow you to specify the SO version which to limit the
export to. You'll need to use this class directly rather than rely
upon the osg plugin to create and use this for you.

Robert.

On 6 June 2017 at 13:01, Han Hu <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I have developed an triangle mesh editing software, the data edited are a pagedlod data in osgb format. And I have used the latest development release to save the output in osgb. The accompanying osgViewer is capable to open my exported data.

However, my target software to use my data is a commercial software, called skyline, it uses an older version of osg, the osg80 seen from the dll name. And it fails to open the exported data.

So my question is, if there is any issues with the osgb format that breaks the compatibility? If so, is there any options to export an compatible osgb format?

P.S. the input before my editing is both good to be open in my software and skyline.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Han

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=71018#71018

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
saedrna1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:
Re: Does osgb file has compatible issues with older osg versions?

Hi robert,

Thank you for your reply.

I read the codes about osgDB::OutputStream and set/getFileVersion() method. Howere, the variable _domainVersionMap seems to record custom domains. My problem is not to serialize custom classes but to save data in old osgb format. I'm not sure if the method will solve the problem. Could you give me more tips?

Thank you wery much!

robertosfield wrote:
Hi Han,

I'm not the original author of the serialzer so haven't tested it
personally, but the osgDB::OutputStream class has a setFileVersion()
method may allow you to specify the SO version which to limit the
export to. You'll need to use this class directly rather than rely
upon the osg plugin to create and use this for you.

Robert.

On 6 June 2017 at 13:01, Han Hu <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thank you!

Cheers,
Han

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=71018#71018

------------------
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Hi Han,

On 7 June 2017 at 16:12, Han Hu <> wrote:
Quote:
I read the codes about osgDB::OutputStream and set/getFileVersion() method. Howere, the variable _domainVersionMap seems to record custom domains. My problem is not to serialize custom classes but to save data in old osgb format. I'm not sure if the method will solve the problem. Could you give me more tips?

I'm afraid I can't help with a quick reply, I haven't tried
restricting the version number so the pointers I provided were just
what I thought might help from scanning the relevant files.

Robert.

------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: