OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

PHYSFS / VFS - How to make a custom osgDB:: function ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steal
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

More keywords would be: How to reimplement or override the osgDB namespace functions? They have
Code:
__declspec(dllimport)
and it seems the osgPlugins are hardcoded to use this.

From the osgrecipes I've got a small, effective and somewhat working ReaderWriterPhysFS. It reads my model.obj.physfs properly, however, osgdb_obj looks for the existence of the mtllib file using
Code:
osgDB::findDataFile

What are my options to make subloads like textures work, because right now it says

Code:
Obj unable to find mtllib 'bla.mtl'

Thank you!

Cheers,
Johny
Steal
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Alternatively, I could write the obj and mtl to a temporary location on disk, like in %APPDATA%/.osg

Then I turn that into a node, and hope that the physfs readerwriter accounts for the textures. I'll have to experiment with this, I suppose?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Johny
Steal
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I have fixed the kind of broke osgRecipes vfs and submitted an issue to fix it.

https://github.com/xarray/osgRecipes/issues/19

Here is the code with some additions to make it work for my scenario.

You'll have to edit it a bit to make it work, and it definitely has bugs beyond what is already obviously broke.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Johny
Voerman, L.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Hi Johny,you can't reimplement or override the osgDB::findDataFile(), but with osgDB::setFindFileCallback() you can make it do whatever you want.

Regards, Laurens.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 3:28 PM, Johny Canes < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

More keywords would be: How to reimplement or override the osgDB namespace functions? They have
Code:
__declspec(dllimport)

and it seems the osgPlugins are hardcoded to use this.

Quote:
From the osgrecipes I've got a small, effective and somewhat working ReaderWriterPhysFS. It reads my model.obj.physfs properly, however, osgdb_obj looks for the existence of the mtllib file using
Code:
osgDB::findDataFile

What are my options to make subloads like textures work, because right now it says

Code:
Obj unable to find mtllib 'bla.mtl'

Thank you!

Cheers,
Johny

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=71143#71143

Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Steal
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Thanks, my custom callback gave problems though, even relying on the findDataFileImplementation fallback.

My simple workaround so far is to put the .obj and .mtl into a temporary, physical location, and then turn that into an .osg.

My osgDB::FindFileCallback::findDataFile reportedly tried finding the .mtl, but even if adding supportsExtension to my readerwriter and all of that, it never made sense.

However, as I said, writing c.Obj and c.Mtl to a /tmp folder, and readNodeFile takes both files, then proceeds to use the physfs readerwriter to pull in all of the textures.

So the problem is the findDataFile not delegating to my physfs readerwriter, I suppose.

The temp is a working solution, and consequently, the converted .osg mesh is read with no problem from the vfs, including the texture loads after that.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Johny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: