OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Objects sub-selections

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arennuit
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:
Objects sub-selections

Hi OSG forum,

In the application I am developing I need to implement sub-selection, that is picking of the elements that compose a drawable. e.g. for a mesh, that would be selecting / picking the vertices or triangles that compose the mesh. For instance, this makes it able to edit the mesh by updating its vertices position.

Is this possible to achieve with OSG?

What I have seen so far in OSG (i.e. LineSegmentIntersector and PolytopeIntersector) only returns the drawable, and it does not seem possible to return the vertices or triangles composing the drawable.

Kind regards,

Antoine.
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:
Objects sub-selections

Hi Antoine,

Have a look at the include/osgUtil/LineSegmentIntersector and PolytopeIntersectors, specifically the Intersection data structures they have all you are looking for Smile

Robert.

On 4 September 2017 at 11:16, Antoine Rennuit < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi OSG forum,

In the application I am developing I need to implement sub-selection, that is picking of the elements that compose a drawable. e.g. for a mesh, that would be selecting / picking the vertices or triangles that compose the mesh. For instance, this makes it able to edit the mesh by updating its vertices position.

Is this possible to achieve with OSG?

What I have seen so far in OSG (i.e. LineSegmentIntersector and PolytopeIntersector) only returns the drawable, and it does not seem possible to return the vertices or triangles  composing the drawable.

Kind regards,

Antoine.

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=71619#71619

Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
arennuit
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Robert,

Thanks for your quick answer, I have tested and your hint led me somewhere.

Now I understand that the PolytopeIntersector::Intersection::primitiveIndex is the index of the sub-object in the osg::Vec3Array defining the drawable, is that right?

Also, I have the feeling that the primitives returned can only be of a single type (vertices, lines or triangles/quads) and that this type depends on the mode of the PrimitiveSet associated to the drawable, is that right? And that means if I want to select vertices, I need to draw osg::PrimitiveSet::POINTS, is that correct?

Kind regards,

Antoine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: