OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Light Map Sub

View previous topic :: View next topic  
d_a_heitbrink (David Heitbrink)
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:
Light Map Sub

I have a number of scenes with a large number of old fashioned light maps. These light maps are basically textures that are set with blending and I have a number of issues with these.

I have 100's of these lights in the scene, but only a few a handful should be active in a scene at a time. At worst like 10. Its a really big scene.

So I wrote a cull-callback that would calculate a model view projection matrix for the light, and provide a texture index. This then calls back to a manager that sorts these by the X number of closest lights, and updates a uniform that contains a list of active lights for the current view.

I seem to be having an issue with the issue with my cull call back getting called when the light should be visible. At certain view angles I have lights just disappear. My question is, instead of trying to compile the lights by using a cull callback, would I be better creating my own drawable? and have it just make a callback to a manager handling the uniform with the light references instead of actually drawling anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: