OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

[EXTERNAL] Re: Is there a binary distribution available for version 3.4.0?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Davis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the response, Stuart. Much appreciated.

Do you have a Visual Studio 2013 version? It looks like no, based on your web site, but I wanted to ask.

Cheers,
Brian

Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 2:26 AM
To:
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Is there a binary distribution available for version 3.4.0?

External Sender: Use caution with links/attachments.

Hi Brian,

I'm not sure what your definition of publicly maintained is but my company is providing Windows builds of OSG 3.4.0 at http://objexx.com/OpenSceneGraph.html. We set up an automated build system because we need these binaries ourselves and we found no other source for recent releases.

We are willing to entertain requests for additional 3rd party libraries and for builds of development releases. We will be posting 3.4.1 binaries within the next couple of weeks (waiting for Qt 5.9.2 or 5.10) and we could also post 3.4.0 builds with up-to-date 3rd party library versions.

If you have any questions about our builds just let me know.

Regards,
Stuart
--
Stuart Mentzer
Objexx Engineering

On 10/5/2017 3:01 AM, Brian Davis wrote:
Quote:

Are there any publicly maintained binary distributions of version 3.4.0 available for Windows?

For purposes of IP compliance scans of our software, use of a publicly maintained binary distribution works better than building it ourselves. We currently have binaries that we have built, but are interested in using a public binary distribution if available.

Thanks,

Brian

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Quote:
_______________________________________________osg-users mailing (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
DeadParrot (Stuart Mentzer)
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Hi Brian,

No, we aren't using VS 2013 any more. If you are in a pickle for VS 2013 builds contact me and we'll look at the options for getting that done.

Regards,
Stuart
--
Stuart Mentzer
Objexx Engineering
Office  +1 781 455 1150 x11
Mobile +1 781 708 3872

On 10/5/2017 1:59 PM, Brian Davis wrote:

Quote:
v:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]--> <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Thanks for the response, Stuart.  Much appreciated.

Do you have a Visual Studio 2013 version?  It looks like no, based on your web site, but I wanted to ask.

Cheers,
Brian

)] On Behalf Of Stuart Mentzer
To: (
)
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Is there a binary distribution available for version 3.4.0?

Hi Brian,

I'm not sure what your definition of publicly maintained is but my company is providing Windows builds of OSG 3.4.0 at http://objexx.com/OpenSceneGraph.html. We set up an automated build system because we need these binaries ourselves and we found no other source for recent releases.

We are willing to entertain requests for additional 3rd party libraries and for builds of development releases. We will be posting 3.4.1 binaries within the next couple of weeks (waiting for Qt 5.9.2 or 5.10) and we could also post 3.4.0 builds with up-to-date 3rd party library versions.

Regards,
Stuart
--
Stuart Mentzer
Objexx Engineering

Quote:

Are there any publicly maintained binary distributions of version 3.4.0 available for Windows?

For purposes of IP compliance scans of our software, use of a publicly maintained binary distribution works better than building it ourselves.  We currently have binaries that we have built, but are interested in using a public binary distribution if available.

Thanks,

Brian

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Quote:

Quote:
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Chris Hanson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Hi Brian, we had one for a while, but the system hasn't been updated recently because one of our developers who maintained it is working elsewhere at this time. So, we don't have a 3.4 build.

I can look into reviving it at some point -- how urgent is your timeframe?

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Stuart Mentzer < (
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Brian,

No, we aren't using VS 2013 any more. If you are in a pickle for VS 2013 builds contact me and we'll look at the options for getting that done.

Regards,
Stuart
--
Stuart Mentzer
Objexx Engineering
Office  [url=tel:(781)%20455-1150]+1 781 455 1150 x11[/url]
Mobile [url=tel:(781)%20708-3872]+1 781 708 3872[/url]

Quote:

Do you have a Visual Studio 2013 version?  It looks like no, based on your web site, but I wanted to ask.

Cheers,
Brian

)

Hi Brian,

Regards,
Stuart
--
Stuart Mentzer
Objexx Engineering

Quote:

For purposes of IP compliance scans of our software, use of a publicly maintained binary distribution works better than building it ourselves.  We currently have binaries that we have built, but are interested in using a public binary distribution if available.

Thanks,

Brian

Quote:
_______________________________________________osg-users mailing list (

Quote:
)

)

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 • GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Legal/IP • Forensics • Imaging • UAVs • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android
@alphapixel facebook.com/alphapixel (775) 623-PIXL [7495]

------------------
Brian Davis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject:

Our timeframe is actually pretty urgent. We are trying to get some software through a scanning tool for export/IP compliance. It would be easier for us to add an existing distribution to the cloud scanning tool, rather than our own build.

I’ll reach out internally to understand their definition of publicly maintained as well. One available from openscenegraph.org would certainly meet that criteria, but I’m not sure when we go outside of that.

Many thanks for the responses,
Brian

Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 1:53 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users <>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Is there a binary distribution available for version 3.4.0?

Hi Brian, we had one for a while, but the system hasn't been updated recently because one of our developers who maintained it is working elsewhere at this time. So, we don't have a 3.4 build.

)> wrote:
Quote:

Hi Brian,

Regards,
Stuart
--
Stuart Mentzer
Objexx Engineering
Office [url=tel:(781)%20455-1150]+1 781 455 1150 x11[/url]

Quote:

Thanks for the response, Stuart. Much appreciated.

Do you have a Visual Studio 2013 version? It looks like no, based on your web site, but I wanted to ask.

Cheers,
Brian

)

Hi Brian,

Regards,
Stuart
--
Stuart Mentzer
Objexx Engineering

Quote:

For purposes of IP compliance scans of our software, use of a publicly maintained binary distribution works better than building it ourselves. We currently have binaries that we have built, but are interested in using a public binary distribution if available.

Thanks,

Brian

Quote:

Quote:

)

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. (
) http://www.alphapixel.com/
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 • GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Legal/IP • Forensics • Imaging • UAVs • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android
@alphapixel facebook.com/alphapixel (775) 623-PIXL [7495]

------------------
Konstantin Podsvirov

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

Hello all!
Your can try DaD's Project installers:

https://dad.podsvirov.pro/house

OSG and other binaries for MSVC 2013 available.

Also lookup Microsoft's vcpkg project (MSVC 2015 and later).
5:00, 6 October 2017 г., Brian Davis <>:
Quote:

Our timeframe is actually pretty urgent.  We are trying to get some software through a scanning tool for export/IP compliance.  It would be easier for us to add an existing distribution to the cloud scanning tool, rather than our own build.

I’ll reach out internally to understand their definition of publicly maintained as well.  One available from openscenegraph.org would certainly meet that criteria, but I’m not sure when we go outside of that.

Brian

)] On Behalf Of Chris Hanson Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 1:53 PM To: OpenSceneGraph Users < (
)> Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Is there a binary distribution available for version 3.4.0?

)> wrote:
Quote:

Hi Brian, No, we aren't using VS 2013 any more. If you are in a pickle for VS 2013 builds contact me and we'll look at the options for getting that done. Regards, Stuart
-- Stuart Mentzer Objexx Engineering Office  [url=tel:(781)%20455-1150]+1 781 455 1150 x11[/url] Mobile [url=tel:(781)%20708-3872]+1 781 708 3872[/url]

Quote:

Cheers, Brian

)] On Behalf Of Stuart Mentzer Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 2:26 AM To: (
) Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Is there a binary distribution available for version 3.4.0?

Hi Brian, I'm not sure what your definition of publicly maintained is but my company is providing Windows builds of OSG 3.4.0 at http://objexx.com/OpenSceneGraph.html. We set up an automated build system because we need these binaries ourselves and we found no other source for recent releases. We are willing to entertain requests for additional 3rd party libraries and for builds of development releases. We will be posting 3.4.1 binaries within the next couple of weeks (waiting for Qt 5.9.2 or 5.10) and we could also post 3.4.0 builds with up-to-date 3rd party library versions. If you have any questions about our builds just let me know. Regards, Stuart
-- Stuart Mentzer Objexx Engineering

Quote:

Thanks,

Brian

Quote:
(
)
Quote:

Quote:
(
)
Quote:

_______________________________________________ osg-users mailing list (
) http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. (
) http://www.alphapixel.com/
Legal/IP • Forensics • Imaging • UAVs • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android

Отправлено из мобильной Яндекс.Почты: http://m.ya.ru/ymail

------------------
Chris Hanson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I got never-ending grief from Google for "distributing" binaries of an open source project that weren't on the "official" OSG website. I even had to get poor Robert to write a silly letter proclaiming that my site was ok to distribute, but Google's advertising people still wouldn't let me run Google Ads (for my OSG professional services) to my site if I hosted "unofficial" builds of OSG. So, I eventually stopped putting effort into it.

I think I've since come up with an idea to work around their weird demands, but I wasted a bunch of time and hair on it. All of us who build and distribute OSG binaries really should cooperate and work together, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 11:38 PM, Konstantin Podsvirov < (
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hello all!

Your can try DaD's Project installers:

https://dad.podsvirov.pro/house

OSG and other binaries for MSVC 2013 available.

Also lookup Microsoft's vcpkg project (MSVC 2015 and later).

5:00, 6 October 2017 г., Brian Davis < (
)>:
Quote:

Our timeframe is actually pretty urgent.  We are trying to get some software through a scanning tool for export/IP compliance.  It would be easier for us to add
an existing distribution to the cloud scanning tool, rather than our own build.

I’ll reach out internally to understand their definition of publicly maintained as well.  One available from openscenegraph.org would certainly meet that criteria,
but I’m not sure when we go outside of that.

Brian

)]
On Behalf Of Chris Hanson

Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 1:53 PM

To: OpenSceneGraph Users < (
)>

Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Is there a binary distribution available for version 3.4.0?

)> wrote:
Quote:

Hi Brian,

Regards,

Stuart

--

Stuart Mentzer

Objexx Engineering

Office  [url=tel:(781)%20455-1150]+1 781 455 1150 x11[/url]

Quote:

Do you have a Visual Studio 2013 version?  It looks like no, based on your web site, but I wanted to
ask.

Cheers,

Brian

)]
On Behalf Of Stuart Mentzer

)

Hi Brian,

I'm not sure what your definition of publicly maintained is but my company is providing Windows builds of OSG 3.4.0 at

http://objexx.com/OpenSceneGraph.html. We set up an automated build system because we need these binaries ourselves and we found no other source for recent releases.

We are willing to entertain requests for additional 3rd party libraries and for builds of development releases. We will be posting 3.4.1 binaries within the next couple of weeks (waiting for Qt 5.9.2 or 5.10) and we could also post 3.4.0 builds with up-to-date
3rd party library versions.

Regards,

Stuart

--

Stuart Mentzer

Objexx Engineering

Quote:

For purposes of IP compliance scans of our software, use of a publicly maintained binary distribution
works better than building it ourselves.  We currently have binaries that we have built, but are interested in using a public binary distribution if available.

Thanks,

Brian

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Quote:

Quote:

osg-users mailing list

(
)

--

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere.
(
)
http://www.alphapixel.com/

Legal/IP • Forensics • Imaging • UAVs • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile •
iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android

@alphapixel

facebook.com/alphapixel (775) 623-PIXL [7495]

)

Отправлено из мобильной Яндекс.Почты: http://m.ya.ru/ymail

)

--

------------------
Alberto Luaces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Chris Hanson writes:

Quote:
I think I've since come up with an idea to work around their weird
demands, but I wasted a bunch of time and hair on it. All of us who
build and distribute OSG binaries really should cooperate and work
together, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

Maybe for windows users https://conan.io could be of use.

--
Alberto

------------------
Chris Hanson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

I've actually toyed with hooking up OSG support for Conan, but never actually did it.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Alberto Luaces < (
)> wrote:
Quote:
Chris Hanson writes:

Quote:
I think I've since come up with an idea to work around their weird
demands, but I wasted a bunch of time and hair on it. All of us who
build and distribute OSG binaries really should cooperate and work
together, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

Maybe for windows users https://conan.io could be of use.

--
Alberto

)

--

------------------
bbjorn
Appreciator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

Hi,

For the third party libraries I used Appveyor, which was pretty simple to setup. It has the ability to push built artifacts as to Github as releases. It is free for open source libraries, BUT I think their build time limit may impose problems. Their maximum allowed build time is 60 minutes and the VMs they are using are not super fast. I guess it would be hard to get OpenSceneGraph to finish a full build under 60 minutes.

Regards,
Björn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: