OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Best Model For Augmented Reality?


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General [forum]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bobykhani
Newbie


Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:
Best Model For Augmented Reality?
Reply with quote

Hi,
Whats The Best 3d Model Object For OSG To Load And Modify Joint Angle (Not Animation) During The Program as RealTime For Augmented Reality?Please guid Me.
I want to Model Support something like Physix And Something like Shirt Sleeves Do Not Seperate From Another Part Of Shirt In Another Word We Have A Shirt Model In Osg And Want to Change Angles By Real Body Angles.(I Have Body Angles).
...


Thank you!

Cheers,
Bobak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 11238

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:
Best Model For Augmented Reality?
Reply with quote

Hi Bobak,

On 15 October 2017 at 07:49, Bobak Hossainkhani < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Whats The Best 3d Model Object For OSG  To Load And Modify Joint Angle (Not Animation) During The Program as RealTime For Augmented Reality?Please guid Me.


I am afraid I can't make any sense from what you have written.  I presume English isn't your first language so you have my sympathy for how hard asking questions must be.


 My recommendation would be try to explain what application you want to develop without getting into the specifics.  There is no need to try and compress everything into single short paragraph.  If you know of another existing application that does something similar to what you want tell us what this is.


Also let us know what programming/graphics experience you have.  It may be that the OSG is too low level for your needs, or it might be the perfect tool, once we know more about what you are trying to achieve and what background you have the better advice we'll be able to give.  


Robert.

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobykhani
Newbie


Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:
Re: Best Model For Augmented Reality?
Reply with quote

robertosfield wrote:
Hi Bobak,

On 15 October 2017 at 07:49, Bobak Hossainkhani < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Whats The Best 3d Model Object For OSG  To Load And Modify Joint Angle (Not Animation) During The Program as RealTime For Augmented Reality?Please guid Me.


I am afraid I can't make any sense from what you have written.  I presume English isn't your first language so you have my sympathy for how hard asking questions must be.


 My recommendation would be try to explain what application you want to develop without getting into the specifics.  There is no need to try and compress everything into single short paragraph.  If you know of another existing application that does something similar to what you want tell us what this is.


Also let us know what programming/graphics experience you have.  It may be that the OSG is too low level for your needs, or it might be the perfect tool, once we know more about what you are trying to achieve and what background you have the better advice we'll be able to give.  


Robert.

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum



Hi. Sorry for bad English and I appreciate your replies. Here I will explain what the problem is: There are some 3D model of clothes which are in obj format (or I can use another format). The models can be load and move, scale and translate with no problem. I want to rotate some part of the model (i.e. move its sleeves up without changing entire model position). Is there any way to do so in OSG? And if it is, how to do that to be realistic. It sounds there is a feature in Nvidia graphic cards, called Physics which can be used to make the model (clothe e.g.  a shirt) look real in OSG coordinate system. Thank you for your help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 11238

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:
Best Model For Augmented Reality?
Reply with quote

Hi Bobak,

On 15 October 2017 at 11:35, Bobak Hossainkhani < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
 Hi. Sorry for bad English and I appreciate your replies. Here I will explain what the problems is:  There are some 3D model of clothes which are in obj format (or I can use another format). The models can be load and move, scale and translate with no problem. I want to rotate some part of the model (i.e. move its sleeves up without changing entire model position). Is there any way to do so in OSG? And if it is, how to do that to be realistic.  It sounds there is a feature in Nvidia graphic cards, called Physics which can be used to make the model (clothe e.g.  a shirt) look real in OSG coordinate system.  Thank you for your help.


You can move components of a scene around in the OSG using in different ways.  



If you want to move a complete geometry(ies) as solid objects then decorating the subgraph that contains them with a Transform nodes like osg::MatrixTransform or osg::PositionAttitudeTransform.


if you want to movement only parts of a geometry or you want to move them in non-uniform ways then you'll need to modify the vertices within the geometries directly.


For more advanced movements you can combine use of Transform nodes by nested them within each other, and use vertex shaders to move vertex to animate them. 



However, from what you've written so far it doesn't sound like you are just new to the OSG, it sounds like you are new to scene graphs and real-time graphics, an advanced and relatively low library like the OSG might be capable of doing eveything you want but may not be the best tool for you personally.


Robert.

 

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General [forum] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts model matrix d_a_heitbrink General 0 Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:33 pm View latest post
No new posts BVH and model axis centering: a model... Paradox Plugins [osgPlugins] 0 Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:27 pm View latest post
No new posts Osg model assembly jaisingla General 0 Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:36 pm View latest post
No new posts Osg model assembly jaisingla General 0 Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:35 pm View latest post
No new posts Assembly of a model jaisingla General 0 Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP