OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Backward compatibility of osgb file through Schema


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
saedrna1
Newbie


Joined: 31 Jul 2016
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:
Backward compatibility of osgb file through Schema
Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using a newer osg version to develop my software and I need to export the model in osgb file for other software, in an acient osg version.

I have googled that it is possible to control the compatibility through the SchemaFile. However, I have found little information on how to use it.

Is there an example or so on how to do this compatibility in osgb file?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Han
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12148

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:
Backward compatibility of osgb file through Schema
Reply with quote

Hi Han,

On 2 November 2017 at 08:20, Han Hu < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
I am using a newer osg version to develop my software and I need to export the model in osgb file for other software, in an acient osg version.

I have googled that it is possible to control the compatibility through the SchemaFile. However, I have found little information on how to use it.

Is there an example or so on how to do this compatibility in osgb file?


Where possible the modern loaders are able to load the old files, you don't need to worry about schema.  If you have problem loading a file then let us know.



Robert.



 

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saedrna1
Newbie


Joined: 31 Jul 2016
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

My problem is that my osg version is osg 3.5.5, which I convert an obj file to osgb just by readRefNodeFile and writeNodeFile. But I am targeting to other software, which may use some lower version of osg.

I have tried osgconv in OSG 3.4.0 and the other software accept. So there seems to be some breaking compatibility change in the osgb format caused by either the osgdb_osg plugin or osgdb::OutputStream class.

Thank you!

Han
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12148

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:
Backward compatibility of osgb file through Schema
Reply with quote

Hi Han,

On 2 November 2017 at 11:09, Han Hu < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
My problem is that my osg version is osg 3.5.5, which I convert an obj file to osgb just by readRefNodeFile and writeNodeFile. But I am targeting to other software, which may use some lower version of osg.

I have tried osgconv in OSG 3.4.0 and the other software accept. So there seems to be some breaking compatibility change in the osgb format caused by either the osgdb_osg plugin or osgdb::OutputStream class.


Unfortunatly osgb isn't forwards compatible, and at present there isn't any scheme to force writing out of older files.


One thing you could try is to write to .osgt or .osg and see if that works better.



Robert.

 

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saedrna1
Newbie


Joined: 31 Jul 2016
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thanks anyway, this is in fact what I felt after looking into the code in the OutputStream code, because it seems that it changes some way to write data and add some new fields without version guard.

I think the only way is to write my own write callback and set to the options parameter.

Han
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnthonyZ
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jul 2017
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject:
similar problem
Reply with quote

saedrna1 wrote:
Thanks anyway, this is in fact what I felt after looking into the code in the OutputStream code, because it seems that it changes some way to write data and add some new fields without version guard.

I think the only way is to write my own write callback and set to the options parameter.

Han




I met the same issue.
I generated some mesh model by myself and tried to convert it from obj to osgb by osg3.4.1. It can only be read by osg3.4.1 and can’t by 3.5 or 3.01.
I want to put the mesh into another software for editing, so i tried to use 3.01 where the editor uses, but the new problem is the model generated by 3.01 can't be read by 3.4.
Have you solved the problem?
Could you give more details to help?
THX:-D


zhiliang.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts Change color of node read from dxf file dhhabyc General 10 Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:58 pm View latest post
No new posts How to actually play animation in osg... Warren93 General 3 Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:23 pm View latest post
No new posts Load an obj file and mapping a given ... aaa3d General 3 Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:27 pm View latest post
No new posts osgconv osgjs bug file not found memory_thrasher Plugins [osgPlugins] 2 Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:21 pm View latest post
No new posts error while loading .iv file in opens... Rj@123 General 0 Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP