OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Unable to load texture in relative path

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EonStrife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject:
Unable to load texture in relative path

Hi,
I have an fbx file (authored) using Maya, which is using two textures, table-cloth-2.jpg and table-cloth-3.jpg. Just say, now the files in this folder

E:\Data\3D Models\Watercolor\fruits-uvs\scenes - JPG\
- table-cloth-2.jpg
- table-cloth-3.jpg
- simple.fbx

With both textures are linked to the materials in the simple.fbx.

Just say, I create another variant of simple.fbx with different texture format, I will be using png format instead of jpeg format for table-cloth-3.jpg, but I do not modify link to table-cloth-2.jpg. So, now we have the second folder :

E:\Data\3D Models\Watercolor\fruits-uvs\scenes - PNG\
- table-cloth-2.jpg
- table-cloth-3.png
- simple.fbx

I then rename or remove the "E:\Data\3D Models\Watercolor\fruits-uvs\scenes - JPG\" folder to simulate opening it in other PC.

When I loadethe "E:\Data\3D Models\Watercolor\fruits-uvs\scenes - PNG\simple.fbx" into my osg application, the application is unable to load "table-cloth-2.jpg" even though the texture is located in the same folder as the simple.fbx.

I then do some checking. Inside the ReaderWriterJPEG.cpp, I put breakpoint at :

Code:
virtual ReadResult readImage(const std::string& file, const osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options* options) const

I see that it makes three attempts to load the texture, with the value of file parameter :

1st try : E:\Data\3D Models\Watercolor\fruits-uvs\scenes - PNG\E:/Data/3D Models/Watercolor/fruits-uvs/scenes - JPG/table-cloth-2.jpg

2nd try: E:/Data/3D Models/Watercolor/fruits-uvs/scenes - JPG/table-cloth-2.jpg

3rd try: E:\Data\3D Models\Watercolor\fruits-uvs\scenes - PNG\..\scenes - JPG\table-cloth-2.jpg

After that it gives up, and it doesn't try to check in the "scenes - PNG" folder.

I attach and also upload the scene file to dropbox, in case you want to try it :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnm4mji0jxes4g3/scenes%20-%20PNG.rar?dl=0

Extra information:
- Compiler : VC++ 2013 SP5
- Debug x64
- OSG version 3.5.6 (osg148-*.dll, /osgPlugins-3.5.6)
- FBX SDK 2017.0.1 (possibly)
- The plugins are copied to the correct folders (osgdb_jpegd.dll, osgdb_pngd.dll, and osgdb_fbxd.dll are in "osgPlugins-3.5.6" foder, and libpng16d.dll is in my application root folder).

Thanks.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Eon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Plugins [osgPlugins] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: