OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Online documentation not available


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hartwigw
Appreciator


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:
Online documentation not available
Reply with quote

Hi,

it seems to be that the server for the online documentation is not available. Has the server been switched off or is it temporarily not available?

Cheers,
Hartwig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 11360

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:
Online documentation not available
Reply with quote

HI Hartwig,

Could you broken a link to the page that is broken as there are lots
of different documentation sources.

Robert.

On 3 February 2018 at 08:24, Hartwig Wiesmann
<> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

it seems to be that the server for the online documentation is not available. Has the server been switched off or is it temporarily not available?

Cheers,
Hartwig

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=72912#72912








------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hartwigw
Appreciator


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi,

I used the ones on this page:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/documentation/guides/reference-guides

Thank you!

Cheers,
Hartwig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mp3butcher (Julien Valentin)
Appreciator


Joined: 17 Feb 2010
Posts: 396
Location: France

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

trac seams down

hartwigw wrote:
Hi,

I used the ones on this page:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/documentation/guides/reference-guides

Thank you!

Cheers,
Hartwig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jordi Torres
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:
Online documentation not available
Reply with quote

Hi Hartwig, Julien et al

Trac server is no longer available. It's dismantled.


We should change the links in the website to https://codedocs.xyz/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/ which is tracking the master and building the documentation. 


Cheers. 



El dom., 4 feb. 2018 10:31 p. m., Julien Valentin < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> escribió:

Quote:
trac seams down


hartwigw wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I used the ones on this page:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/documentation/guides/reference-guides

Thank you!

Cheers,
Hartwig


------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=72925#72925





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
kornerr
Appreciator


Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 252

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:
Online documentation not available
Reply with quote

Wow. I've been in search for this link, too. Thanks for it.

On 5 February 2018 at 11:36, Jordi Torres <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Hartwig, Julien et al

Trac server is no longer available. It's dismantled.

We should change the links in the website to
https://codedocs.xyz/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/ which is tracking the
master and building the documentation.

Cheers.



El dom., 4 feb. 2018 10:31 p. m., Julien Valentin
<> escribió:
Quote:

trac seams down


hartwigw wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I used the ones on this page:


http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/documentation/guides/reference-guides

Thank you!

Cheers,
Hartwig


------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=72925#72925












------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jordi Torres
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:
Online documentation not available
Reply with quote

Hey Michael, 


It's in the github badges, but indeed, we should make it more visible. 
I will try to update the doc later today. 


Cheers. 



2018-02-05 14:49 GMT+01:00 michael kapelko < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>:
Quote:
Wow. I've been in search for this link, too. Thanks for it.

On 5 February 2018 at 11:36, Jordi Torres < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Hartwig, Julien et al

Trac server is no longer available. It's dismantled.

We should change the links in the website to
https://codedocs.xyz/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/ which is tracking the
master and building the documentation.

Cheers.



El dom., 4 feb. 2018 10:31 p. m., Julien Valentin
< (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> escribió:
Quote:

trac seams down


hartwigw wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I used the ones on this page:


http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/documentation/guides/reference-guides

Thank you!

Cheers,
Hartwig


------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=72925#72925





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org


_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org






--
Jordi Torres

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Jordi Torres
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:
Online documentation not available
Reply with quote

Hey guys, 

Just fixed the links in http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/documentation/guides/reference-guides and removed the menu entry for the old wiki. 


Should be good now. 


2018-02-05 14:56 GMT+01:00 Jordi Torres < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>:
Quote:
Hey Michael, 


It's in the github badges, but indeed, we should make it more visible. 
I will try to update the doc later today. 


Cheers. 



2018-02-05 14:49 GMT+01:00 michael kapelko < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>:
Quote:
Wow. I've been in search for this link, too. Thanks for it.

On 5 February 2018 at 11:36, Jordi Torres < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Hartwig, Julien et al

Trac server is no longer available. It's dismantled.

We should change the links in the website to
https://codedocs.xyz/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/ which is tracking the
master and building the documentation.

Cheers.



El dom., 4 feb. 2018 10:31 p. m., Julien Valentin
< (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> escribió:
Quote:

trac seams down


hartwigw wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I used the ones on this page:


http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php/documentation/guides/reference-guides

Thank you!

Cheers,
Hartwig


------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=72925#72925





_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org


_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org








--
Jordi Torres









--
Jordi Torres

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
hartwigw
Appreciator


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi Jordi,

thanks for updating the links!

This does not belong to the original topic but is similar. Besides looking for documentation a lot of people look at the download links. Here also very old links are mentioned (to SVN repos) for stable and developer releases.
I think that not a lot has to be changed - maintaining a website takes a lot of time, I know - but only links to the GitHub branches should be mentioned, too (can be found in the repo section but...). Or just a link to look at the repos page. Otherwise it looks poor to have links to more than 2 year old versions only.

Cheers,
Hartwig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jordi Torres
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:
Online documentation not available
Reply with quote

Hi Hartwig​, 

Indeed, I've gone ahead and unpublished the two links to mercurial and svn repositories cc:@Robert. (They are not deleted, only archived)
Just ping if you see more content that should be reviewed/updated.




Thanks. 

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 11360

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:
Online documentation not available
Reply with quote

Hi Jordi,

Thanks for updating the links.

Cheers,
Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hartwigw
Appreciator


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi Jordi,

there are some more old links:

- Downloads/Developer Releases
- Downloads/Data resources
x Link to old repo
x Link to Nasa's blue marble website

Cheers,
Hartwig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts OpenThreads Doxygen documentation Montgomery, David General 2 Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:44 pm View latest post
No new posts OSG documentation Inna General 4 Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:40 am View latest post
No new posts online documentation does not work gambr General 2 Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:50 am View latest post
No new posts Online documentation down mak6 General 1 Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:19 am View latest post
No new posts Can't build documentation ericggregory Build system [build] 8 Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:07 pm View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP