OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Need your help with zNear / zFar calculation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wernerM
User

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:
Need your help with zNear / zFar calculation

Dear community,

today I need your help. Since many days I try finding a solution for my problem - unfortunately without success.

Here are the facts:

I have a view for my scene and a camera manipulator.
The scene has a switch node holding the actual scene and some classes for creation of shadow, ambient shadow etc.
Everything works pretty well so far.

For some reasons we decided rendering the actual scene into a texture and displaying this texture in a hud.
So we create a texture and a rtt camera and added it to the above switch.
Then we removed the actual scene from the switch and added it as a child to the rtt camera.

In order to get the scene moved according to the camera manipulator we installed a cull callback updating the rtt cameras matrices:

Quote:
if (renderCamera.valid()) {
osg::Camera * cam = getMainCamera(); renderCamera->setViewMatrix(cam->getViewMatrix()); renderCamera->setProjectionMatrix(cam->getProjectionMatrix()); renderCamera->setClearColor(cam->getClearColor());
Without this callback all matrices are odd and zNear and zFar are both at 0.0f.
Question 1: Why is it like that? The rtt camera is a child of the main camera and should not need above settings. (?)
Question 2: In the original configuration zNear and zFar of the main camera gets recalculated continuously.
                        In the rtt configuration zNear is always 0.0f and zFar always 10000f. Why? The rtt camera is child of main camera and it has the actual scene as a child.
                        So all cullings should take the actual scene in account.
I'm really lost. When looking at the osgdeferred example I see the rtt camera is just created, gets a viewport and gets a child of the main camera. So easy!
What am I doing wrong and/or where can I start for a deeper research?

Many thanks for any help.

- Werner -

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: