OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Image getColor not implemented for GL_RED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tare

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

Hi,
I was just trying to read out an Image with getColor(). My texture is a LUT, so I chose a pixel format GL_RED. This works fine in my shader, but for the getColor method this format is not implemented*, thus it returns vec4(1, 1, 1, 1) all the time.

*getColor doesn't implement it itself, but it calls _readColor and there GL_RED is missing.

Now judging by the code I can change to GL_ALPHA and achieve my result, but adding the GL_RED with more or less the same code seems like it isn't too much work and I find it more intuitive to use only the red channel (rather than only the alpha channel).

Kind Regards,
Tim

p.s: @robert, in case you advice me to change my name again - i tried, i can't. there is no possibility for me to do so in my profile settings (or perhaps i just don't have the authority).[/i]
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tim,

Quote:
Hi,
I was just trying to read out an Image with getColor(). My texture is LUT, so I chose a pixel format GL_RED. This works fine in my shader, but for the getColor method this format is not implemented, thus it returns vec4(1, 1, 1, 1) all the time.

Now judging by the code I can change to GL_ALPHA and achieve my result, but adding the GL_RED with more or less the same code seems like it isn't too much work and I find it more intuitive to use only the red channel (rather than only the alpha channel).

I just had a look at the Image::getColor(), widespread use of GL_RED
and GL_RG usage in OpenGL post-dates when getColor() was written, but
adding it is straight forward so I've added this to the 3.6 branch:

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/commit/7602b868f40be58ab2bc4ffd6004df77a2695914

Quote:
Kind Regards,
Tim

p.s: @robert, in case you advice me to change my name again - i tried, i can't. there is no possibility for me to do so in my profile settings (or perhaps i just don't have the authority).

I'm no a forum user, but following the link on your post that appeared
on osg-users it looks like just "Tim" appears. However, as an
osg-users user (forum posts appear and osg-users and visa-versa) you
see an expansion of your email address which is "Tim Whowantstoknow
<.....>". You might not use your email too often but you might want
to just adjust the address to read "Tim <...>".

Cheers,
Robert.

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Tare

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
However, as an
osg-users user (forum posts appear and osg-users and visa-versa) you
see an expansion of your email address which is "Tim Whowantstoknow
<.....>". You might not use your email too often but you might want
to just adjust the address to read "Tim <...>".

I can't log in to the osg-users with my forum account (i.e. the mail address and password). I have tried to subscribe to the osg users list and change it, but there was no Option for me to connect it to my forum profile. I'll contact a Mod in the forum, maybe this will lead to something.
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

HI TIm,

Quote:
I can't log in to the osg-users with my forum account (i.e. the mail address and password). I have tried to subscribe to the osg users list and change it, but there was no Option for me to connect it to my forum profile. I'll contact a Mod in the forum, maybe this will lead to something.

It'll be the forum that is generating the message, the osg-users
mailing list is just passing the message along.

Robert.

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: