OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pau
Newbie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:
Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5
Reply with quote

Hello.
I am trying to build and install OpenSceneGraph 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5, configure output in attached file.
How to solve the problems:
Code:

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindITK.cmake:48 (find_package):
Could not find a package configuration file named "ITKConfig.cmake"
provided by package "ITK".

Add the installation prefix of "ITK" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "ITK_DIR"
to a directory containing one of the above files. If "ITK" provides a
separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:304 (FIND_PACKAGE)

checking for module 'xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9'
package 'xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-js'
package 'xulrunner-js' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-nspr'
package 'xulrunner-nspr' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-nss'
package 'xulrunner-nss' not found
checking for module 'gtk+-2.0'
found gtk+-2.0, version 2.24.31
checking for module 'gtkglext-x11-1.0'
package 'gtkglext-x11-1.0' not found
checking for module 'librsvg-2.0'
found librsvg-2.0, version 2.40.16
checking for module 'cairo'
found cairo, version 1.14.8
checking for module 'poppler-glib'
found poppler-glib, version 0.26.5
Found JPEG: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPNG.cmake:34 (find_package):
File /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPNG.cmake includes
/home/user/Downloads/osg/OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-2.8.2/CMakeModules/FindZLIB.cmake
(found via CMAKE_MODULE_PATH) which shadows
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindZLIB.cmake. This may cause errors later on .

Policy CMP0017 is not set: Prefer files from the CMake module directory
when including from there. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0017" for policy
details. Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:424 (FIND_PACKAGE)


I have xulrunner installed and I can't find gtkglext-x11 package.
Thanks in advance for answering.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voerman, L.
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:
Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5
Reply with quote

Hi Alexey,Can you explain what the actual problem is? 
Possibly also why you try to build a very old version?
cmake ends with 
"Configuring done"
so the next step would be 
"make" osg "make install"
Laurens.



On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Alexey Palagin < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hello.
I am trying to build and install OpenSceneGraph 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5, configure output in attached file.
How to solve the problems:

Code:

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindITK.cmake:48 (find_package):
Could not find a package configuration file named "ITKConfig.cmake"
provided by package "ITK".

Add the installation prefix of "ITK" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "ITK_DIR"
to a directory containing one of the above files. If "ITK" provides a
separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:304 (FIND_PACKAGE)

checking for module 'xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9'
package 'xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-js'
package 'xulrunner-js' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-nspr'
package 'xulrunner-nspr' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-nss'
package 'xulrunner-nss' not found
checking for module 'gtk+-2.0'
found gtk+-2.0, version 2.24.31
checking for module 'gtkglext-x11-1.0'
package 'gtkglext-x11-1.0' not found
checking for module 'librsvg-2.0'
found librsvg-2.0, version 2.40.16
checking for module 'cairo'
found cairo, version 1.14.8
checking for module 'poppler-glib'
found poppler-glib, version 0.26.5
Found JPEG: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPNG.cmake:34 (find_package):
File /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPNG.cmake includes
/home/user/Downloads/osg/OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-2.8.2/CMakeModules/FindZLIB.cmake
(found via CMAKE_MODULE_PATH) which shadows
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindZLIB.cmake. This may cause errors later on .

Policy CMP0017 is not set: Prefer files from the CMake module directory
when including from there. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0017" for policy
details. Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:424 (FIND_PACKAGE)




I have xulrunner installed and I can't find gtkglext-x11 package.
Thanks in advance for answering.

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=74048#74048




_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org



------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12148

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:
Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5
Reply with quote

Hi Alexey,

2.8.2 is an ancient release of the OpenSceneGraph, the current up to
date stable release is 3.6.1, I strongly recommend using this instead
of 2.8.2, this old release is not been touched by anyone for years so
if there are build issues with modern compiler/build tools then it's
not something that is probably worth trying to resolve when we have
far better modern releases that are known to work fine with present
modern compiler/build tools.

Cheers,
Robert.
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 at 09:59, Alexey Palagin <> wrote:
Quote:

Hello.
I am trying to build and install OpenSceneGraph 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5, configure output in attached file.
How to solve the problems:

Code:

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindITK.cmake:48 (find_package):
Could not find a package configuration file named "ITKConfig.cmake"
provided by package "ITK".

Add the installation prefix of "ITK" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "ITK_DIR"
to a directory containing one of the above files. If "ITK" provides a
separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:304 (FIND_PACKAGE)

checking for module 'xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9'
package 'xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-js'
package 'xulrunner-js' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-nspr'
package 'xulrunner-nspr' not found
checking for module 'xulrunner-nss'
package 'xulrunner-nss' not found
checking for module 'gtk+-2.0'
found gtk+-2.0, version 2.24.31
checking for module 'gtkglext-x11-1.0'
package 'gtkglext-x11-1.0' not found
checking for module 'librsvg-2.0'
found librsvg-2.0, version 2.40.16
checking for module 'cairo'
found cairo, version 1.14.8
checking for module 'poppler-glib'
found poppler-glib, version 0.26.5
Found JPEG: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPNG.cmake:34 (find_package):
File /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPNG.cmake includes
/home/user/Downloads/osg/OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-2.8.2/CMakeModules/FindZLIB.cmake
(found via CMAKE_MODULE_PATH) which shadows
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindZLIB.cmake. This may cause errors later on .

Policy CMP0017 is not set: Prefer files from the CMake module directory
when including from there. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0017" for policy
details. Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:424 (FIND_PACKAGE)




I have xulrunner installed and I can't find gtkglext-x11 package.
Thanks in advance for answering.

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=74048#74048






------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pau
Newbie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:
Re: Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5
Reply with quote

robertosfield wrote:
Hi Alexey,

2.8.2 is an ancient release of the OpenSceneGraph, the current up to
date stable release is 3.6.1, I strongly recommend using this instead
of 2.8.2, this old release is not been touched by anyone for years so
if there are build issues with modern compiler/build tools then it's
not something that is probably worth trying to resolve when we have
far better modern releases that are known to work fine with present
modern compiler/build tools.

Cheers,
Robert.


Thank you very much for reply, Robert.
It was my old project I was working on years ago, I just wanted to re-open it.
As far as I understand it is strongly recommended to use the latest version of OSG - 3.6.
When I configure OSG 3.6, I am getting message that DCMTK is not found. But make command goes without any error. Is it a problem - DCMTK? I can't find it in repositories. You can see configure and make log in attachment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12148

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:
Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5
Reply with quote

Hi Alexey,

You only need to compile against DCMTK (a thread party project for
loading dicom files). Do you need dicom support?

Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pau
Newbie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:
Re: Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5
Reply with quote

robertosfield wrote:
Hi Alexey,

You only need to compile against DCMTK (a thread party project for
loading dicom files). Do you need dicom support?


Hi, Robert.
If DCMTK is used for DICOM support (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICOM), I don't need it. How to switch it off?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12148

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:
Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5
Reply with quote

Hi Alexey,
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 at 14:33, Alexey Palagin <> wrote:
Quote:
If DCMTK is used for DICOM support (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICOM), I don't need it. How to switch it off?

It's just an optional plugin, CMake will look for it, if it isn't
installed it'll not attempt to the use the plugin.

Could it be that you are reading a CMake message as a critical problem
when it's just a message that an optional package hasn't been found?

Have you tried just running make?

Robert,


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pau
Newbie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:
Re: Can't build OSG 2.8.2 on CentOS 7.5
Reply with quote

robertosfield wrote:
Hi Alexey,
Could it be that you are reading a CMake message as a critical problem
when it's just a message that an optional package hasn't been found?
Have you tried just running make?

Robert


Yes, I am reading a CMake message as a critical problem, because I could not find an appropriate package. Now I see it is not a problem at all, thank you.

I tried to run make - it run without errors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts use vs2013 to build osg3.6.3, some er... FreeSouth General 0 Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:26 pm View latest post
No new posts Emscripten build and dlopen jnmaloney General 2 Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:30 am View latest post
No new posts How I build OpenSceneGraph manually f... kornerr General 0 Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:51 am View latest post
No new posts Android can't build osgdb_png lyn General [forum] 6 Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:35 am View latest post
No new posts Build error under Windows? Need feedb... robertosfield General 3 Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:11 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP