OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

This weekend is about to get crazy - I have 95 miles to run!


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12093

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:
This weekend is about to get crazy - I have 95 miles to run!
Reply with quote

Hi All,

When not coding and running around after my family I like to go
running, and to maximize the amount of fun that can be had running why
not do it all day!! :-)

My race starts at 1am Saturday on the west side of Glasgow, follows
the West Highland Way, and finishes 95 miles (152km) later in Fort
William. All going well I'll arrive late on Saturday or perhaps
Sunday morning.

If I'm a bit sleepy next week you'll know why...

Have a great weekend, and yes leave those keyboards behind and explore
the great outdoors Very Happy
Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kornerr
Appreciator


Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 274

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:
This weekend is about to get crazy - I have 95 miles to run!
Reply with quote

Hi.

Any particular reason for running the whole day? (Was that requirement
somewhere in Vulkan end-user agreement? Razz)

On 22 June 2018 at 21:33, Robert Osfield <> wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

When not coding and running around after my family I like to go
running, and to maximize the amount of fun that can be had running why
not do it all day!! :-)

My race starts at 1am Saturday on the west side of Glasgow, follows
the West Highland Way, and finishes 95 miles (152km) later in Fort
William. All going well I'll arrive late on Saturday or perhaps
Sunday morning.

If I'm a bit sleepy next week you'll know why...

Have a great weekend, and yes leave those keyboards behind and explore
the great outdoors Very Happy
Robert.



------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12093

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:
This weekend is about to get crazy - I have 95 miles to run!
Reply with quote

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 10:45, michael kapelko <> wrote:
Quote:
Any particular reason for running the whole day? (Was that requirement
somewhere in Vulkan end-user agreement? Razz)

Didn't think about work for a second :-)

I just love trail running, and covering the 95 miles of the West
Highland Way long distance walking route is a great experience, it's
beautiful route going through the highlands, and the race atmosphere
is great, very much an experience of being among friends than
competitive. I've completed the race in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, so
was going for my 5th finish.

Alas on Saturday the day didn't go to plan and I ended up with stomach
and sleep deprivation issues so decided to pull out at mile 71, there
was a few high paces left to cover in the dark which I felt was just a
bit too risky without feeling better. Still had an amazing day, the
discomfort pales into insignificance next to rest of the experience.

Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kornerr
Appreciator


Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 274

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:
This weekend is about to get crazy - I have 95 miles to run!
Reply with quote

Hi.

Continuing the `running in real life` topic: yesterday I ran 20 km for
the first time, took me about 3 hours. I was totally drained. I wonder
how people make 95 miles (152 km).

Robert, what time did it take you to cover 71 miles?

On 25 June 2018 at 14:25, Robert Osfield <> wrote:
Quote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 10:45, michael kapelko <> wrote:
Quote:
Any particular reason for running the whole day? (Was that requirement
somewhere in Vulkan end-user agreement? Razz)

Didn't think about work for a second :-)

I just love trail running, and covering the 95 miles of the West
Highland Way long distance walking route is a great experience, it's
beautiful route going through the highlands, and the race atmosphere
is great, very much an experience of being among friends than
competitive. I've completed the race in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, so
was going for my 5th finish.

Alas on Saturday the day didn't go to plan and I ended up with stomach
and sleep deprivation issues so decided to pull out at mile 71, there
was a few high paces left to cover in the dark which I felt was just a
bit too risky without feeling better. Still had an amazing day, the
discomfort pales into insignificance next to rest of the experience.

Robert.



------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12093

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:
This weekend is about to get crazy - I have 95 miles to run!
Reply with quote

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 at 11:52, michael kapelko <> wrote:
Quote:
Continuing the `running in real life` topic: yesterday I ran 20 km for
the first time, took me about 3 hours.

Well done, baby steps, keep at it and you'll get further and faster.

Quote:
I was totally drained. I wonder
how people make 95 miles (152 km).

Robert, what time did it take you to cover 71 miles?

11hrs to complete the first 50 miles, then a sleep and then hit by
stomach problems which reduced me to a walk to try and get things back
on track. Alas didn't work so had to pull out at 71miles. I think it
was about 19hrs.

My best time for the full 95 miles of the race is 20:18. Course
record is a crazy 13:41. It's through the highlands so it's far from
flat, is a mostly stony rough trail with around 10,000ft of
ascent/descent.

Cheers,
Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts Hi all, The OpenSceneGraph3.3.2 DEV R... LearningOSG LearningOSG General 27 Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:43 am View latest post
No new posts Integrating OSG 2.8.2 and crazy eddie... devilguy General 0 Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:54 pm View latest post
No new posts Weekend adventure robertosfield General 5 Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:07 pm View latest post
No new posts PageLod makes me crazy ! Vincent.B General 4 Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:50 pm View latest post
No new posts Driving me crazy...setting viewMatrix... loopless General 2 Fri May 22, 2009 4:56 pm View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP