OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

osgviewer camera initial angle.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vagn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Hello there,

I am using osgviewer in order to plot both the left- and right-eye image of a point cloud which is stored in a '.osg' file.

The commands I use are quite simple:

Left: osgviewer --display MONITOR --screen 1 --stereo LEFT_EYE File.osg
Right: osgviewer --display MONITOR --screen 1 --stereo RIGHT_EYE File.osg

What I need to do is to print out the image of both the left- and right-eye for a given angle of viewing of the camera. Unfortunately, the angle of viewing is not the initial one, thus I have to use the mouse .. but I can't really keep truck of the rotation angle induced by the mouse, and thus I can't force the same viewing angle for both images.

I was wondering how would you tackle such a problem. Is there a way to force the viewing angle from the command line? Or do I have to modify the source code of the Trackball camera manipulator (default manipulator)?

Thank you for your time,

Cheers,

Vagn
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

HI Vagn,

The OSG has built in support for multi-view and stereo, there should
be no need to attempt to play games with rendering with two separate
osgviewer instances.

Since you are describing a set up there I've never come across anyone
attempting before could you take a step back and explain to us what
you are trying to do and then we can tell you the appropriate way to
do it.

Robert.
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 14:09, Vagn Budak <> wrote:
Quote:

Hello there,

I am using osgviewer in order to plot both the left- and right-eye image of a point cloud which is stored in a '.osg' file.

The commands I use are quite simple:

Left: osgviewer --display MONITOR --screen 1 --stereo LEFT_EYE File.osg
Right: osgviewer --display MONITOR --screen 1 --stereo RIGHT_EYE File.osg

What I need to do is to print out the image of both the left- and right-eye for a given angle of viewing of the camera. Unfortunately, the angle of viewing is not the initial one, thus I have to use the mouse .. but I can't really keep truck of the rotation angle induced by the mouse, and thus I can't force the same viewing angle for both images.

I was wondering how would you tackle such a problem. Is there a way to force the viewing angle from the command line? Or do I have to modify the source code of the Trackball camera manipulator (default manipulator)?

Thank you for your time,

Cheers,

Vagn

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=74093#74093

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: