OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

possible (probable) state leakage in the master

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trajce Nikolov NICK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Hi Robert,

I was experiencing this the last month or a two with the master without making noise about but it seam it is a real problem. I was under lazy impression that maybe my implementation wsa wrong but now with very simple case I can reproduce it:

I have two files, one simple geometry as ive with colors per vertex, and other file as obj without any materials. The colors from the first file are somehow getting it thru to the other model by simply osgviewer file1 file2.

In previous facing of this behavior, I was having shaders in the scene where I wanted parts to be rendered by shaders, parts by ffp, in a scenegraph like this: root->child1 with shader, root->child2 ffp. After updating (was really about two months ago) to 3.6.3 if I can recall (or even now with the master) I had to explicitly disable the shader from child1 to not be applied to child2 by setting it an empty Program( setModeEtc...(new osg::Program) ).

If you are not in rush and have some time I can send you the files I have here that reproduce the problem (not for public), just ping me.

XUbuntu 16.04
Windows 10
osg 3.7.0

Thanks a bunch as always!
Cheers, Nick

--
trajce nikolov nick

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Hi Nick,

I am working 100% on VSG most of my available work time right now.  On the OSG side I'll be focused on bug fixes for the 3.6 branch, rather than pushing development on OSG master.   My recommendation is that you test the OSG-3.6 branch and see if the problem exists there, if it does create a small example then I or others can test this and see if there is anything amiss with your usage or with the OSG.  We can then get a fixed checked into 3.6 branch.

If there are fixes in 3.6 that warrant a new release I'll look to getting a 3.6.4 stable release before Christmas, will need community support and testing for this to happen.

Cheers,

Robert.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 at 13:15, Trajce Nikolov NICK < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi Robert,

I was experiencing this the last month or a two with the master without making noise about but it seam it is a real problem. I was under lazy impression that maybe my implementation wsa wrong but now with very simple case I can reproduce it:

I have two files, one simple geometry as ive with colors per vertex, and other file as obj without any materials. The colors from the first file are somehow getting it thru to the other model by simply osgviewer file1 file2.

In previous facing of this behavior, I was having shaders in the scene where I wanted parts to be rendered by shaders, parts by ffp, in a scenegraph like this: root->child1 with shader, root->child2 ffp. After updating (was really about two months ago) to 3.6.3 if I can recall (or even now with the master) I had to explicitly disable the shader from child1 to not be applied to child2 by setting it an empty Program( setModeEtc...(new osg::Program) ).

If you are not in rush and have some time I can send you the files I have here that reproduce the problem (not for public), just ping me.

XUbuntu 16.04
Windows 10
osg 3.7.0

Thanks a bunch as always!
Cheers, Nick

--
trajce nikolov nick

Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: