OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 3 tagged


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12348

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:
OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 3 tagged
Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a few more fixes to the 3.6 branch, so have gone ahead and
tagged 3.6.4-rc3:

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/tree/OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc3

Please test and let me know of positive/negative results. All going
well I'll tag the stable 3.6.4 early next week.

Thanks for you assistance,
Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RichardHarrison
User


Joined: 03 Jan 2019
Posts: 24
Location: France

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:
OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 3 tagged
Reply with quote

On 26/01/2019 20:38, Robert Osfield wrote:
Quote:
I have a few more fixes to the 3.6 branch, so have gone ahead and
tagged 3.6.4-rc3:

I've extensively tested FlightGear against 3.6.4-rc3 (several hundred
hours of flight time) and so far it's been rock solid; the change (from
our side) to using the ref methods appears to have fixed the problem,
hard to be 100% certain but I'm 99% certain.

Overall I find that the certain aspects of the run time performance of
3.6.4 are improved compared to 3.4.2 and to possibly also to 3.7dev.

As a background I recently modified FG to have an automatic (on disk)
DDS texture cache; I'm using osg_nvtt to convert the images into DDS
using the filehash of the original to get a filename. This makes a
massive difference to FG (as most textures are png, jpg, or sgi format)
- as the generation of mipmaps give us seriously bad frame pauses (up to
5 seconds on my system). The DDS cache fixes all of this. On 3.6 the
initial pan around from inside the cockpit is smoother than both 3.4 and
3.7. This is an observation rather than any sort of request for help as
it's not really a problem, just nice when things get faster.

On FG we are using OSGText so I had to do a bit of interim hackery to
get it to compile. Is there any sort of documentation that explains the
changes to OSGText. We also have problems with the version that uses
shaders because that interferes with our shader framework.

In my F-15 all of the CRT devices are using FG's canvas; which basically
allows rendering of an SVG (or other vector) onto a texture. In 3.6 (and
3.7) I'm seeing problems with this that weren't present in 3.4.
https://i.imgur.com/2s9ztJH.png https://i.imgur.com/rOW4wYe.png

Thanks for the improvements; I've started an initiative to move FG to
3.6.4 hopefully by our next release cycle.




------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nikkitta (Nikita Petrov)
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jun 2014
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:
Re: OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 3 tagged
Reply with quote

Hi,

Is OSG 3.6.4 going to be released or it was frozen in rc3 state?
Is there a roadmap or something like that for stable releases?

Kind regards,
Nikita

robertosfield wrote:
Hi All,

I have a few more fixes to the 3.6 branch, so have gone ahead and
tagged 3.6.4-rc3:

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/tree/OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc3

Please test and let me know of positive/negative results. All going
well I'll tag the stable 3.6.4 early next week.

Thanks for you assistance,
Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12348

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:
OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 3 tagged
Reply with quote

Hi Nikita,

I have a window of opportunity to get 3.6.4 out but didn't get enough
feedback from the community on testing to know whether it was ready
during this window of time I had. I'm back to working close to 100%
of my time on the VSG side right now. If you need fixes that are
going into the final 3.6.4 release then the best thing for the now
will be to use the 3.6 branch as this will contain all the
improvements that will make it into 3.6.4.

When I get quieter period of dev I'll go for another release attempt.
I can't make releases on my own though, I need to community to test
across the range of platforms we have to be able to know whether the
code is ready.

Cheers,
Robert.

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 10:10, Nikita Petrov <> wrote:
Quote:

Hi,

Is OSG 3.6.4 going to be released or it was frozen in rc3 state?
Is there a roadmap or something like that for stable releases?

Kind regards,
Nikita


robertosfield wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

I have a few more fixes to the 3.6 branch, so have gone ahead and
tagged 3.6.4-rc3:

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/tree/OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc3

Please test and let me know of positive/negative results. All going
well I'll tag the stable 3.6.4 early next week.

Thanks for you assistance,
Robert.
_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list

http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum


------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=76097#76097








------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nikkitta (Nikita Petrov)
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jun 2014
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:
Re: OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 3 tagged
Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your work and for your reply.
Concerning VSG - that's great news, looking forward to use it!

robertosfield wrote:
Hi Nikita,

I have a window of opportunity to get 3.6.4 out but didn't get enough
feedback from the community on testing to know whether it was ready
during this window of time I had. I'm back to working close to 100%
of my time on the VSG side right now. If you need fixes that are
going into the final 3.6.4 release then the best thing for the now
will be to use the 3.6 branch as this will contain all the
improvements that will make it into 3.6.4.

When I get quieter period of dev I'll go for another release attempt.
I can't make releases on my own though, I need to community to test
across the range of platforms we have to be able to know whether the
code is ready.

Cheers,
Robert.

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 10:10, Nikita Petrov <> wrote:
Quote:

Hi,

Is OSG 3.6.4 going to be released or it was frozen in rc3 state?
Is there a roadmap or something like that for stable releases?

Kind regards,
Nikita


robertosfield wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

I have a few more fixes to the 3.6 branch, so have gone ahead and
tagged 3.6.4-rc3:

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/tree/OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc3

Please test and let me know of positive/negative results. All going
well I'll tag the stable 3.6.4 early next week.

Thanks for you assistance,
Robert.
_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list

http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum


------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=76097#76097








------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
icf80
User


Joined: 12 Apr 2019
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi,

Are there any major issues fixed 3.6.4/3.6 branch? Currently using 3.6.3.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Catalin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 12348

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:
OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 3 tagged
Reply with quote

On Tue, 14 May 2019 at 08:46, Catalin Flower <> wrote:
Quote:
Are there any major issues fixed 3.6.4/3.6 branch? Currently using 3.6.3.

Any issue that is stopping you do your particular work tasks can be a
major issue, one issue that is irrelevant to one might be critical to
another. The best way know whether there is something important to
your application/usage of the OSG is to have a look at the git log and
see what commits addressed what issues. git allows you to look at
diffs between branches as well.

Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 released robertosfield General 1 Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:16 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc9 tagged robertosfield General 0 Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:15 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc8 tagged, plea... robertosfield General 1 Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:27 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc6 tagged robertosfield General 4 Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:48 am View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 7 robertosfield General 0 Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:33 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP