OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Colored Bounding Box over osgText::Text

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhhabyc
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:
Colored Bounding Box over osgText::Text

Hello,

I'm trying to draw a bounding box around a osgText::Text instance. Setting the draw mode to 'osgText::Text::TEXT|osgText::Text::BOUNDINGBOX' draws a white box around the text. Does anyone knows a simple way to get this box color match the text color? Or, better yet, a way to draw the box myself? The text is dynamic in nature, so I need to be able to resize the box as the text changes.

I look at the osgText::Text source code but there is too much GL stuff for a newbie like me.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Cheers.
dhhabyc
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Hello,

I've found a workaround my problem. I had to inherit a class from osgText::Text and override the drawImplementation method like so:

Code:
void MyTextNode::drawImplementation(osg::RenderInfo& renderInfo) const
{
   osg::Vec4 color = getColor(); # stored custom color
   osgText::Text::drawImplementation(*renderInfo.getState(), color);
}

on the constructor od my class I had to set the BOUNDINGBOX drawmode:

Code:
MyTextNode::MyTextNode():
        osgText::Text()
{
   setDataVariance(osg::Object::DYNAMIC);
   setDrawMode(osgText::Text::TEXT|osgText::Text::BOUNDINGBOX);
}

Cheers,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: