OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Building with MinGW on Windows 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skaldi

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Hi, it is me again Smile

I did not work with OSG for a while, but today I decided to continue on my project and downloaded the lates OSG 3.6.3. The configuration of the make files worked very well, but then when I write mingw32-make following error occurs at 15%.

Sadly my experience with such things is very limited. I hope somebody can help me here.

[ 14%] Building CXX object src/osgDB/CMakeFiles/osgDB.dir/FileUtils.cpp.obj
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp: In function 'bool osgDB::makeDirectory(const string&)':
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp:161:19: error: aggregate 'osgDB::makeDirectory(const string&)::stat64 stbuf' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
struct stat64 stbuf;
^~~~~
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp:165:38: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct osgDB::makeDirectory(const string&)::stat64'
if( stat64( path.c_str(), &stbuf ) == 0 )
^
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp:161:12: note: forward declaration of 'struct osgDB::makeDirectory(const string&)::stat64'
struct stat64 stbuf;
^~~~~~
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp:186:41: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct osgDB::makeDirectory(const string&)::stat64'
if( stat64( dir.c_str(), &stbuf ) < 0 )
^
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp:161:12: note: forward declaration of 'struct osgDB::makeDirectory(const string&)::stat64'
struct stat64 stbuf;
^~~~~~
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp: In function 'osgDB::FileType osgDB::fileType(const string&)':
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp:311:19: error: aggregate 'osgDB::fileType(const string&)::stat64 fileStat' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
struct stat64 fileStat;
^~~~~~~~
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp:315:44: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct osgDB::fileType(const string&)::stat64'
if ( stat64(filename.c_str(), &fileStat) != 0 )
^
D:\Projects\C++\Libraries\OpenScenegraph\OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3\src\osgDB\FileUtils.cpp:311:12: note: forward declaration of 'struct osgDB::fileType(const string&)::stat64'
struct stat64 fileStat;
^~~~~~
mingw32-make[3]: *** [src\osgDB\CMakeFiles\osgDB.dir\build.make:343: src/osgDB/CMakeFiles/osgDB.dir/FileUtils.cpp.obj] Error 1
mingw32-make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles\Makefile2:330: src/osgDB/CMakeFiles/osgDB.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: *** [Makefile:129: all] Error 2

Thank you!

Cheers,
Stefan
Alberto Luaces

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

"Stefan Waldegger" writes:

Quote:
I did not work with OSG for a while, but today I decided to continue
on my project and downloaded the lates OSG 3.6.3. The configuration of
the make files worked very well, but then when I write mingw32-make
following error occurs at 15%.

git's HEAD is working for me when cross-compiling with mingw (gcc 7.3.0)
Maybe it is worth a try to get OSG's latest version to check if that
problem has been solved since then; from a cursory look, it seems that
the file that you are having problems might be a little different now.

--
Alberto

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Skaldi

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your reply, I tried it to get the latest verion from github, "OpenSceneGraph-master" it is called when I download it.

But sadly, there is the same error, in the same file.

osgDB::makeDirectory(const string&)::stat64. Can it be that the MinGW in Windows is outdated and doesnt know some conversions like this?

MinGW I downloaded this installer from gitbhub and this took a while but installed the MinGW in C:\MinGW

Thank you!

Cheers,
Stefan
Voerman, L.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

You probably need to remove the exlusion of mingw32 on line 39 ofD:ProjectsC++LibrariesOpenScenegraphOpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.6.3srcosgDBFileUtils.cpp 
to get stat64 defined as _stati64 on windows.
Try to remove the #if and the #endif line (38 & 40) and see if that compiles.
Laurens. 

#if !defined(__MINGW32__)
    #define stat64 _stati64
#endif

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:36 PM Stefan Waldegger < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your reply, I tried it to get the latest verion from github, OpenSceneGraph-master it is called when I download it.

But sadly, there is the same error, in the same file.

osgDB::makeDirectory(const string&)::stat64. Can it be that the MinGW in Windows is outdated and doesnt know some conversions like this?

MinGW I downloaded this installer from gitbhub and this took a while but installed the MinGW in C:MinGW

Thank you!

Cheers,
Stefan

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=76132#76132

Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Skaldi

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Hi Voerman,

this was the solution. It is just compiling just fine!

Thank you so much!

Thank you!

Cheers,
Stefan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Build system [build] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: