OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc6 tagged

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

Hi All,

I have merged a couple of submissions this morning so have made another rc to wrap them up.

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/tree/OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc6

Please test and report success/failure here.  If all looks good I'll tag 3.6.4 this week.

Thanks,
Robert.

Changes since rc5:

Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:53:24 +0100
+Author : OpenSceneGraph git repository
+Merge pull request #789 from rhabacker/OpenSceneGraph-3.6cmake: Add find_package module for fontconfig
+
+Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:32:10 +0100
+Author : OpenSceneGraph git repository
+Merge pull request #791 from aluaces/mingw-osg_windowing_systemAvoid that mingw cross-compilation choosing X11 as the windowing system.
+
+Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:08:25 +0200
+Author : Alberto Luaces
+Avoid that mingw cross-compilation choosing X11 as the windowing system.I have moved the PROJECT stanza before the conditionals, because
+otherwise expressions like IF(MINGW) always fail.
+
+
+Mon, 15 Jul 2019 18:54:30 +0200
+Author : Ralf Habacker
+cmake: Add summary information to get an idea of what dependencies might be missing
+
+Mon, 15 Jul 2019 18:52:14 +0200
+Author : Ralf Habacker
+cmake: Added find_package module for fontconfig which is not available with cmake < 3.14This file has been taken from cmake 3.14
+
+

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

Hi Tom,

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 12:53, Thomas Hogarth < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:

Quote:
I'v tested on iOS and have run into an issue with FontConfig.
It's automatically find the macOS version of FontConfig that comes installed by default on the OS.

I've done a hack fix for iOS you can see here

https://github.com/tomhog/OpenSceneGraph/commit/4d803e53120d3312d354fb4c53d9bd8f6410bae1

But looking you can actually build FontConfig for iOS so users may want to use it.
This issue will probably affect Android users too. We can either put the same kind of road block up for Android builds or we need a more elegegant way of finding the FontConfig package for the platform you're building for.

I think it would make sense for us to be conservative then and disable the check for FontConfig under iOS and Android.  Could you make these mods and generate a PR for them so I can make sure that the next 3.6.4 rc builds on these out of the box.

Quote:
For other dependancies like Freetypes etc I usually directly pass the CMake values required via
the command like. So maybe that's another option to force it to not found?

This close to a release I don't want to add any further variables to the mix of things that could cause end user problems so issues like FontConfig I'd prefer to avoid creating a snow ball of changes each of which may have it's won conseqences like the FontConfig one has...

Cheers,

Robert.

------------------
tomhog
Appreciator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

Hey Robert

It's automatically find the macOS version of FontConfig that comes installed by default on the OS.

https://github.com/tomhog/OpenSceneGraph/commit/4d803e53120d3312d354fb4c53d9bd8f6410bae1

But looking you can actually build FontConfig for iOS so users may want to use it.
This issue will probably affect Android users too. We can either put the same kind of road block up for Android builds or we need a more elegegant way of finding the FontConfig package for the platform you're building for.

For other dependancies like Freetypes etc I usually directly pass the CMake values required via
the command like. So maybe that's another option to force it to not found?

Tom

PS
Tried to post via the forum but it was playing up

------------------
robertosfield
OSG Project Lead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tom,

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 12:53, Thomas Hogarth < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:

Quote:

I have just checked in fix based on the above added handling of ANDROID:

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/commit/ccbc632afc240113aa7c8cffb37ce69fed45edd5

Could you test and let me know if this works fine. Once I have positive feedback I'll make the new 3.6 rc.

Cheers,
Robert

------------------
tomhog
Appreciator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Hey Robert

Quote:
I have just checked in fix based on the above added handling of ANDROID:

https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/commit/ccbc632afc240113aa7c8cffb37ce69fed45edd5

Could you test and let me know if this works fine. Once I have positive feedback I'll make the new 3.6 rc. 

I was just about to send the exact same as a pull request. I've just updated my branch to the latest 3.6 and CMake ran fine. It's just building now but I don't see there being any issues.

Tom

------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: