OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

width of the forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisium (Peter Wraae Marino)
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject:
width of the forum

Hi,

I just want to point out there is something wrong with the width of this form? I've tested it with IE explorer and Chrome but have same problems....

content extents to the far right,.. forcing me to use a slider to view the selections on the top right of the page.

is this something we could get fixed?

Peter Wraae Marino
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

which screen resolution do you use when browsing?
Crisium (Peter Wraae Marino)
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject:

art wrote:
Hi,

which screen resolution do you use when browsing?

i don't browse in fullscreen.. i have dual screens and i'm browsing on the at 1440xSomthing screen resolution.

the screen resolution shouldn't effect anything... the content should resize accordinaly.

Peter
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Hi Peter,

actually there is no limitation in the width of the forum page as you can see in the html source code. My screen resolution is also 1440xsomething, and I do not have to scroll at all. Ok, my browser is almost fullscreen.

The actuall size is however limited implcitely by the used logo and the header (just right to the logo), because they are placed in one row of the table and are not allowed to wrap. The logo I have used is the original logo from the main osg webpage. The style for that part of the page is the standard one of the phpBB2 forum.

So the only one thing which solves your issue is either to use a logo, which is not so wide or to break the layout of the header. I think chaning the layout isn't the thing, me and other users would like to have. As for the logo, I am not sure which one to use, because this one is the official one and just do looks very good.

Have you another ideas?
mgb_osg (Martin Beckett)
Appreciator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject:

You need to have the browser maximised on at least a 1280pix wide screen to get the full page. The forum software isn't wrapping the text correctly.
I think it's the width of the OSG logo that is breaking it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> Offline All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: