OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

get output texture from unitInOut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgPPU [osgPPU]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hui

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject:
get output texture from unitInOut

Hi,

I create osgppu pipeline with a prerender camera as input. The pipeline working fine but only one issue, the output unit. If I let outputUnit to render to framebuffer, it will cover all the scene ( I mean the rendering scene from main camera). I try to use UnitInOut to output PPU's rendering result as a texture and apply then mix the texture with main Camera's rendering. But so far not working. Here is what I did:
create osg texture,
assign texture to UnitInOut with setOutputTexture().
apply texture to main camera with shader.

So far this way not working.

Any idea how to get output texture from ppu's pipeline?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Huiliang
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Hi Huiliang,

so as far as I understand you want to have the output of the osgPPU's pipeline for further processing, right? If so, then take a look into video example. There the output of the osgPPU pipeline is used as texture over the quad. In this example last unit is UnitInOut in order to use the output of very last procesing stage. I assume this is what you are looking for.

If you just want osgPPU to render only in certain parts of the screen, then use Unit::setViewport() on the very last UnitOut to specify the viewport where pipeline should render its output. Here the lsat unit should be UnitOut in order to render directly to the screen.

regards,
Art
allensaucier
Appreciator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Hi Hui,

I have learned through dissecting the examples that any output to the "UnitOut" ppu goes directly to the frame buffer for immediate display on the screen.

So, I typically perform any "shading" techniques before sending anything to UnitOut, which, for me, is the final output which goes to the frame buffer for immediate display.

Here's my example code that I use to blur and glow a scene. Hope it helps! Very Happy

Cheers,
Allen
allensaucier
Appreciator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject:

sorry guys, major mistake on my part. DO NOT use the code I previously posted!

Here is the correct version that actually works correctly.

Cheers,
Allen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgPPU [osgPPU] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: