OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.
 
   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Robert Osfield
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm now pretty well on top of submissions, so am looking towards
making a dev release tomorrow morning. Could users check out the
latest version of the OSG to see how things build and run on your
platform.

Thanks,
Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Skylark (Jean-Sébastien Guay)
Professional


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 2249

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

Quote:
I'm now pretty well on top of submissions, so am looking towards
making a dev release tomorrow morning. Could users check out the
latest version of the OSG to see how things build and run on your
platform.

I did an update this morning and built to test the wldap32 addition, it
all built fine then. There are a few updated files since then so I'm
running a new build, but I don't expect any surprises.

Windows Vista 32 bit, CMake 2.6.1, Visual C++ 2005.

J-S
--
______________________________________________________
Jean-Sebastien Guay
http://www.cm-labs.com/
http://whitestar02.webhop.org/


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skylark (Jean-Sébastien Guay)
Professional


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 2249

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

Quote:
I did an update this morning and built to test the wldap32 addition, it
all built fine then. There are a few updated files since then so I'm
running a new build, but I don't expect any surprises.

Windows Vista 32 bit, CMake 2.6.1, Visual C++ 2005.

Confirmed, builds fine.

While we're talking about packaging, we should probably also start a
thread about a related subject: what constitutes a good test suite for
OSG builds. I typically run osgviewer cow.osg, and then a few other
models that load png/jpg textures, a few OpenFlight models, etc. But
perhaps we could make a list of examples that we could run in a batch
file, and if they all run well then the build is considered to be in
generally good shape.

J-S
--
______________________________________________________
Jean-Sebastien Guay
http://www.cm-labs.com/
http://whitestar02.webhop.org/


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robert Osfield
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

HI J-S,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Jean-Sébastien Guay
<> wrote:
Quote:
While we're talking about packaging, we should probably also start a thread
about a related subject: what constitutes a good test suite for OSG builds.
I typically run osgviewer cow.osg, and then a few other models that load
png/jpg textures, a few OpenFlight models, etc. But perhaps we could make a
list of examples that we could run in a batch file, and if they all run well
then the build is considered to be in generally good shape.

I run OpenSceneGraph/runexamples.bat as my base test. It does have
all the examples, but does have most. We've added quite a few since
it was last updated, for instance osgwidget and osganimation examples.

Robert


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Skylark (Jean-Sébastien Guay)
Professional


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 2249

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

Quote:
I run OpenSceneGraph/runexamples.bat as my base test. It does have
all the examples, but does have most. We've added quite a few since
it was last updated, for instance osgwidget and osganimation examples.

Perhaps we could devise a more minimal set of examples which cover the
essentials but no more? runexamples.bat has too many IMHO. We should
also include osgWidget and osgAnimation examples in the test run of
course, but you knew that. Smile

Anyways, I'll use runexamples.bat for now. Thanks,

J-S
--
______________________________________________________
Jean-Sebastien Guay
http://www.cm-labs.com/
http://whitestar02.webhop.org/


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alejandro Segovia
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

I'm having trouble building on Debian Etch. I'm getting the following error when configuring within ccmake:

Quote:
IF had incorrect arguments: POLICY CMP0008 (Unknown arguments specified).

Perhaps my cmake version is too old, I'm using: cmake version 2.4-patch 5

Alejandro.-

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Robert Osfield < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

I'm now pretty well on top of submissions, so am looking towards
making a dev release tomorrow morning. Could users check out the
latest version of the OSG to see how things build and run on your
platform.

Thanks,
Robert.
_______________________________________________
osg-users mailing list
(
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org



--
Varrojo@Linux
http://varrojo.linuxuruguay.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Stephan Huber
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Robert Osfield schrieb:
Quote:
Hi All,

I'm now pretty well on top of submissions, so am looking towards
making a dev release tomorrow morning. Could users check out the
latest version of the OSG to see how things build and run on your
platform.

Compile went smooth on OS X (using 10.4 + 10.5 sdk) with the deprecated
xcode-project-files. I added all missing files and added also the new
osganimation-lib as a framework and a new example osganimationviewer
(checked in already). I tested some of the examples -- no problem.

Additionally I enabled support for atomic operations when using the 10.5
sdk _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_BSD_ATOMIC, I think this would be a good
idea to add this to the cmake files. If I find some time this week, I'll
try to add it myself.

I'll try the cmake build the next days and report back.

cheers,
Stephan



------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Robert Osfield
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've merged Jeremy's and Cedric's updates of osgWidget and
osgAnimation into svn/trunk. This does mean we'll need another round
of testing before I can tag 2.7.6. Assistance on this much
appreciated Wink

Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Skylark (Jean-Sébastien Guay)
Professional


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 2249

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

Quote:
I've merged Jeremy's and Cedric's updates of osgWidget and
osgAnimation into svn/trunk. This does mean we'll need another round
of testing before I can tag 2.7.6. Assistance on this much
appreciated Wink

Builds fine on Windows Vista, VC++ 2005, CMake 2.6.1.

J-S
--
______________________________________________________
Jean-Sebastien Guay
http://www.cm-labs.com/
http://whitestar02.webhop.org/


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luigi Calori
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

It seems that BoundingBox.cpp BoundingSphere.cpp have been removed from
the svn


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Robert Osfield
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Luigi Calori <> wrote:
Quote:
It seems that BoundingBox.cpp BoundingSphere.cpp have been removed from the

Very observant... 10 points.

Not observant enough... -20 points.

BoundingBox and BoundingSphere now have templated definition to allow
double and float versions of bounding volumes to be used in the
application.

Do you have a build failure? Is so it suggests you need to re-run
cmake to update your project files.

Robert.


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Luigi Calori
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject:
Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in pre for 2.7
Reply with quote

Robert Osfield ha scritto:
Quote:
On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Luigi Calori <> wrote:

Quote:
It seems that BoundingBox.cpp BoundingSphere.cpp have been removed from the


Very observant... 10 points.

Not observant enough... -20 points.

BoundingBox and BoundingSphere now have templated definition to allow
double and float versions of bounding volumes to be used in the
application.

Do you have a build failure? Is so it suggests you need to re-run
cmake to update your project files.

I did an svn update and I' m pretty sure I did a cmake run and a build,
not a re-build.
I got linking error and wrongly assumed missing files.
Either I did something wrong or VS7 does not recognize he has to rebuild
the whole thing.
Now cleaned everything and seems to build fine.

Sorry for assuming a bug that was not there...
Lesson learned: do a clean build before sending any bug.

Luigi


------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 released robertosfield General 1 Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:16 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc9 tagged robertosfield General 0 Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:15 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc8 tagged, plea... robertosfield General 1 Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:27 pm View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4-rc6 tagged robertosfield General 4 Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:48 am View latest post
No new posts OpenSceneGraph-3.6.4 release candidate 7 robertosfield General 0 Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:33 am View latest post


Board Security Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP