OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

osgPPU with CompositeViewer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgPPU [osgPPU]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samppa2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Has anyone been trying to use the osgPPU with CompositeViewer? I tried to run the same code i succesfully use with a regular viewer but it fails when i try to apply it to the second view. First view works fine but the second fails. Basically i'm just applying the processor to the view camera instead of the viewer camera. I would just like to know if someone has used it succesfully to make sure the problem is in my code Smile
I am using the 0.4.0 version of osgPPU.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Sami
Samppa2005

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject:

Hi,

Nobody tried this?

I made the simplest possible test i could think of and just set one UnitOut to the processor so there would be no actual action from the processor other then relaying the image forward. I set the processor with the view camera of the first view and it works fine. When i set it up with the second view camera it results only in a black screen. The viewport size and position seem correct but something goes wrong and i'm running out of ideas what it could be. Any good ideas?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Sami
danoo
Appreciator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject:

Hello all

I bring this subject again to the surface. And I wonder if Art (or anybody else out there) has an opinion about this he would like to share...

In a composite viewer setting, views can be dynamically added and removed. In osgPPU, the Processor is part of the scene graph, but it has to be connected to a views camera...

So there are two problems which are not solved:
- How to disconnect a view (camera) from the processor and succesfully reconnect a new view to it?
- How to deal with multiple views visible at the same time? Multiple processors added to the scene graph?

I guess for the last point, there is a conceptional problem. The whole postprocessing should ONLY be bound to the view and leave no traces in the scene graph itself...

What do you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgPPU [osgPPU] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: