OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

osgPPU and the stencil buffer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgPPU [osgPPU]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radexx

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I'm pretty new to osgPPU and I'm working on a port of Jimenez's MLAA full scene antialiasing algorithm.

It's a 3-pass post processing effect:

- The first step detects the edges of the RTT'd scene and makes an 'edge texture'.
- The second step uses the previous texture and a precomputed one to calculate the area which pixels belonging to an edge would cover from an ideal trapeze.
- The final step blends each pixel in its 4-neighborhood according to the weights calculated in the previous step.

I got it fully working in osgPPU, however, an important optimization can be done by using the stencil buffer. The idea behind this is:

- Initially the stencil is cleared out to 0

- The first step of the post effect (edges detection) creates a stencil mask writing 1's to the stencil wherever there's an edge pixel. The pixels not belonging to an edge are discarded in the shader, so no writting to the stencil will occur in that case.

- In the subsequent steps (weights calculation and final blend) the stencil test discards every pixel not covered by the mask, hence only the edge pixels are processed.

And this is how I tried to achieve it:

- I created two osg::Stencils, one for creating the mask and other for using the mask and discarding everything else.
- I attached the stencils to their corresponding osgPPU::Unit's.

(now, I need to clear the stencil at the beginning of the postFX chain, but not between each pass)
- I'm not sure about where glClear (with the clear mask of the camera the osgPPU::Processor is using) is called, but my guess is when rendering the scene to texture, not between units so I think that setting the clearMask in the camera is pointless.
- I tried to call glClear(GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT) in a notify callback set in the first unit of my chain.

This has been driving me nuts for a couple of days now. It seems that the stencil buffer is not being written, or cleared prematurely between passes. And the stencil test only seems to be done if I enable it in the last unit's stateset.

What am I missing?

I can post the code if you want!

Thank a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Miguel
ledocc (David Callu)
Appreciator

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Hi Miguel,

2011/5/28 Miguel Angel Exposito < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)>
Quote:
Hi,

I'm pretty new to osgPPU and I'm working on a port of Jimenez's MLAA full scene antialiasing algorithm.

It's a 3-pass post processing effect and I got it working on osgPPU.

- The first step detects the edges of the RTT'd scene and makes an 'edge texture'.
- The second step uses the previous texture and a precomputed one to calculate the area which pixels belonging to an edge would cover from an ideal trapeze.
- The final step blends each pixel in its 4-neighborhood according to the weights calculated in the previous step.

I got it fully working in osgPPU, however, an important optimization can be done by using the stencil buffer. The idea behind this is:

- Initially the stencil is cleared out to 0

- The first step of the post effect (edges detection) creates a stencil mask writing 1's to the stencil wherever there's an edge pixel. The pixels not belonging to an edge are discarded in the shader, so no writting to the stencil will occur in that case.

- In the subsequent steps the stencil test discards every pixel not covered by the mask, hence only the edge pixels are processed (weights calculation and final blend).

And this is how I tried to achieve it:

- I created two osg::Stencils, one for creating the mask and other for using the mask and discarding everything else.
- I attached the stencils to their corresponding osgPPU::Unit's.

(now, I need to clear the stencil at the beginning of the postFX chain, but not between each pass)
- I'm not sure about where glClear (with the clear mask of the camera the osgPPU::Processor is using) is called, but my guess is when rendering the scene to texture, not between units so I think that setting the clearMask in the camera is pointless.
- I tried to call glClear(GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT) in a notify callback set in the first unit of my chain.

This has been driving me nuts for a couple of days now. It seems that the stencil buffer is not being written, or cleared prematurely between passes. And the stencil test only seems to be done if I enable it in the last unit's stateset.

What am I missing?

- Have you create an opengl context with a stencil buffer ?
- Have you try to use osg:ClearNode to clear the stencil buffer ?
- Have you check opengl call order in a debugger like gDEBugger ?

no more ideas ... for now.

Quote:
I can post the code if you want!

yes please, could be more simple to find the bug.

Cheers
David Callu

Quote:

Thank a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Miguel

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=39894#39894

)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
radexx

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Hi David,

Quote:
- Have you create an opengl context with a stencil buffer ?
- Have you try to use osg:ClearNode to clear the stencil buffer ?
- Have you check opengl call order in a debugger like gDEBugger ?

- Yes, the context that osgViewer creates when realizing has a working stencil (I tested it).
- No, I didn't know that one was allowed to put nodes such as osg::ClearNode inbetween osgPPU::Unit's
- No, but I was planning to use GLintercept as a last resort

Quote:
yes please, could be more simple to find the bug.

Sure!, here it is:

This function generates the whole pipeline and attaches its processor to an osg::Group which is returned

Code:

// This is a dirty workaround  for not using an osg::ClearNode

struct CamClearMaskCallback : public osgPPU::Unit::NotifyCallback
        {
            osg::Camera * m_cam;
            GLbitfield m_mask;
            CamClearMaskCallback(osg::Camera *cam, GLbitfield mask) : osgPPU::Unit::NotifyCallback(), m_cam(cam), m_mask(mask) {}
            virtual void operator()(osg::RenderInfo& ri, const osgPPU::Unit* u) const
                {
                    m_cam->setClearMask(m_mask);
                    if(m_mask & GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT)
                    {
                        glClear(GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT);
                    //    printf("CLEAR\n");
                    } else {
                    //    printf("\n");
                    }
                }
        };

osg::Group* MLAARendering::createMLAAPipeline(osg::Camera* camera)
{

osg::Group* finalGroup = new osg::Group;

osg::ref_ptr<CamClearMaskCallback> clearStencilCallback = new CamClearMaskCallback(camera, GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT | GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT);
    osg::ref_ptr<CamClearMaskCallback> dontClearStencilCallback = new CamClearMaskCallback(camera, GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);

osg::ref_ptr<osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options> fragmentOptions = new osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options("fragment");
    osg::ref_ptr<osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options> vertexOptions = new osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options("vertex");

// Setup the clear mask and the stencil clear value
    camera->setClearMask(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT | GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT);
    camera->setClearStencil(0);
    osg::Vec2f pixelSize(1.0/camera->getGraphicsContext()->getTraits()->width,
                         1.0/camera->getGraphicsContext()->getTraits()->height);

// This stencil is intended to create the mask by writting a 1 to the stencil wherever a fragment is not discarded in the shader of the unit it's
        // attached to. However, the stencil test has to pass always and osgPPU disables the Z test, so I don't know if this is really working as I want!
    osg::Stencil * createMaskStencil = new osg::Stencil;
    {       
        createMaskStencil->setFunctionRef(1);
        createMaskStencil->setFunction(osg::Stencil::ALWAYS);
        createMaskStencil->setWriteMask(1);
        createMaskStencil->setOperation(osg::Stencil::REPLACE, osg::Stencil::REPLACE, osg::Stencil::REPLACE);
    }

// This one is intended to discard every fragment not masked by a 1 in the stencil
    osg::Stencil * useMaskStencil = new osg::Stencil;
    {       
        useMaskStencil->setFunctionRef(1);       
        useMaskStencil->setFunction(osg::Stencil::EQUAL);    // TODO: TEMP!!, Should be osg::Stencil::EQUAL!
        useMaskStencil->setWriteMask(1);
        useMaskStencil->setOperation(osg::Stencil::KEEP, osg::Stencil::KEEP, osg::Stencil::KEEP);
    }         

// This is for testing purposes (it always passes and doesn't change the buffer)
    osg::Stencil * testStencil = new osg::Stencil;
    {       
        testStencil->setFunction(osg::Stencil::ALWAYS,1,~0u);
        testStencil->setOperation(osg::Stencil::KEEP, osg::Stencil::KEEP, osg::Stencil::KEEP);
    }         

// Create a processor for this pipeline
    m_processor = new osgPPU::Processor();
    m_processor->setName("Processor");
    m_processor->setCamera(camera);   

osgPPU::UnitCameraAttachmentBypass* bypass = new osgPPU::UnitCameraAttachmentBypass();
    {
        bypass->setBufferComponent(osg::Camera::COLOR_BUFFER0);

bypass->setName("MLAA.mainCamOutputTex");

// I want the stencil to be cleared here, I don't really care if it's done before or after 'drawing'
        bypass->setBeginDrawCallback(clearStencilCallback.get());
    }

osgPPU::UnitCameraAttachmentBypass* bypassDepth = new osgPPU::UnitCameraAttachmentBypass();
    {
        bypassDepth->setBufferComponent(osg::Camera::DEPTH_BUFFER);

bypassDepth->setName("MLAA.mainCamOutputDepthTex");
    }

// First step: Edges detection and stencil mask creation
    edgeDetection = new osgPPU::UnitInOut();
    edgeDetection->setName("MLAA.edgeDetectionUnit");
    {

edgeDepthShader = new osgPPU::ShaderAttribute();
        edgeDepthShader->addShader(osgDB::readShaderFile("Shaders\\edge_depth_frag.frag", fragmentOptions.get()));
        edgeDepthShader->addShader(osgDB::readShaderFile("Shaders\\offset_vert.vert", vertexOptions.get()));
        edgeDepthShader->setName("EdgeDetectionShader");

edgeDepthShader->add("threshold", osg::Uniform::FLOAT);
        edgeDepthShader->set("threshold", edgeThreshold);
        edgeDepthShader->add("pixelSize", osg::Uniform::FLOAT_VEC2);
        edgeDepthShader->set("pixelSize", pixelSize);

edgeDepthShader->add("bias", osg::Uniform::FLOAT);
        edgeDepthShader->set("bias", edgeThreshold);

edgeDepthShader->add("scale", osg::Uniform::FLOAT);
        edgeDepthShader->set("scale", 0.1f);

edgeDetection->setInputToUniform(bypass, "colorMapG", true);
        edgeDetection->setInputToUniform(bypassDepth, "depthMap", true);

edgeDetection->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndModes(edgeDepthShader);

// Attach the 'createMask' stencil and enable the GL_STENCIL_TEST
        edgeDetection->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndModes(createMaskStencil, osg::StateAttribute::ON);
        edgeDetection->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GL_STENCIL_TEST, osg::StateAttribute::ON);
        edgeDetection->setBeginDrawCallback(dontClearStencilCallback.get());

}

// This unit just loads up a texture which is needed by the next shader
    osgPPU::UnitTexture* areaTexture = new osgPPU::UnitTexture();
    areaTexture->setName("MLAA.areaTextureUnit");
    {
        osg::Image *areaImg = osgDB::readImageFile("Textures\\AreaMap65.dds");

// An extremely dirty error checking
        if(!areaImg)
        {
            osg::notify(osg::FATAL) << "> Can't load the area map, aborting ...\n";
            exit(-1);
        }

osg::Texture2D *areaTex = new osg::Texture2D;       
        areaTex->setResizeNonPowerOfTwoHint(false);
        areaTex->setFilter(osg::Texture2D::MIN_FILTER,osg::Texture2D::NEAREST);
        areaTex->setFilter(osg::Texture2D::MAG_FILTER,osg::Texture2D::NEAREST);
        areaTex->setWrap(osg::Texture2D::WRAP_S,osg::Texture2D::CLAMP_TO_BORDER);
        areaTex->setWrap(osg::Texture2D::WRAP_T,osg::Texture2D::CLAMP_TO_BORDER);
        areaTex->setImage(areaImg);
        areaTex->setNumMipmapLevels(1);
        areaTexture->setTexture(areaTex);       
    }

// Second step: Weights calculation only in the fragments masked by the stencil (whose values are == 1)
    weightsCalculation = new osgPPU::UnitInOut();
    weightsCalculation->setName("MLAA.weightsCalculationUnit");
    {
        weightsShader = new osgPPU::ShaderAttribute();
        weightsShader->addShader(osgDB::readShaderFile("Shaders\\weights_frag.frag", fragmentOptions.get()));
        weightsShader->addShader(osgDB::readShaderFile("Shaders\\offset_vert.vert", vertexOptions.get()));
        weightsShader->setName("WeightsCalculationShader");

weightsCalculation->setInputToUniform(areaTexture, "areaMap", true);
        weightsCalculation->setInputToUniform(edgeDetection, "edgesMapL", true);

weightsShader->add("maxSearchSteps", osg::Uniform::INT);
        weightsShader->set("maxSearchSteps", 12);
        weightsShader->add("pixelSize", osg::Uniform::FLOAT_VEC2);
        weightsShader->set("pixelSize", pixelSize);

weightsCalculation->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndModes(weightsShader);
        weightsCalculation->setInputTextureIndexForViewportReference(1);    // Choose to have an output the same size as edgesMap has

// Attach the 'usueMask' stencil here
        weightsCalculation->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndModes(useMaskStencil, osg::StateAttribute::ON);
        weightsCalculation->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GL_STENCIL_TEST, osg::StateAttribute::ON);
                // Just to make sure that the stencil is not being cleared anymore
        weightsCalculation->setBeginDrawCallback(dontClearStencilCallback.get());

}

// Last step: Blend the edge pixels with their 4-neighborhood according to the blending weights
        // (again, only the masked pixels have to be processed)
    osgPPU::UnitInOut* pixelBlend = new osgPPU::UnitInOut();
    pixelBlend->setName("MLAA.pixelblendingUnit");
    {
        osgPPU::ShaderAttribute* blendShader = new osgPPU::ShaderAttribute();
        blendShader->addShader(osgDB::readShaderFile("Shaders\\blend_frag.frag", fragmentOptions.get()));
        blendShader->addShader(osgDB::readShaderFile("Shaders\\offset_vert.vert", vertexOptions.get()));
        blendShader->setName("BlendShader");

pixelBlend->setInputToUniform(weightsCalculation, "blendMap", true);

blendShader->add("pixelSize", osg::Uniform::FLOAT_VEC2);
        blendShader->set("pixelSize", pixelSize);

pixelBlend->setInputToUniform(bypass, "colorMapL", true);

pixelBlend->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndModes(blendShader);

// Attach the 'useMask' stencil
        pixelBlend->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndModes(useMaskStencil, osg::StateAttribute::ON);
        pixelBlend->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GL_STENCIL_TEST, osg::StateAttribute::ON);

}

// This output unit just acts as a switch for displaying the original RTT, the final processed image or the textures inbetween (edges and weights)
   unitOut= new osgPPU::UnitOut();
   shaderAttributeOut= new osgPPU::ShaderAttribute();
   {
      osg::Shader* shader= new osg::Shader(osg::Shader::FRAGMENT);
      const char* shaderSource=
         "uniform sampler2D finalMap;\n"
         "uniform sampler2D edgesMap;\n"
         "uniform sampler2D weightsMap;\n"
         "uniform sampler2D colorMap;\n"
         "uniform int switchFlag;\n"
         "void main()\n"
         "{\n"
         "if(switchFlag == 0)\n"
         "  gl_FragColor=texture2D(edgesMap,gl_TexCoord[0].st);\n"
         "else if(switchFlag == 1)\n"
         "  gl_FragColor=texture2D(weightsMap,gl_TexCoord[0].st);\n"
         "else if(switchFlag == 2)\n"
         "  gl_FragColor=texture2D(finalMap,gl_TexCoord[0].st);\n"
         "else if(switchFlag == 3)\n"
         "  gl_FragColor=texture2D(colorMap,gl_TexCoord[0].st);\n"
         "}";
      shader->setShaderSource(shaderSource);
      shaderAttributeOut->addShader(shader);
      shaderAttributeOut->setName("nomShaderAttribute");

shaderAttributeOut->add("switchFlag", osg::Uniform::INT);
      shaderAttributeOut->set("switchFlag", 2);

unitOut->setInputToUniform(pixelBlend, "finalMap", true);
      unitOut->setInputToUniform(edgeDetection, "edgesMap", true);
      unitOut->setInputToUniform(weightsCalculation, "weightsMap", true);
      unitOut->setInputToUniform(bypass, "colorMap", true);
      unitOut->setInputTextureIndexForViewportReference(1);    // Choose to have an output the same size as edgesMap has

unitOut->setName("MLAA.finalOutputUnit");
      unitOut->setViewport(new osg::Viewport(0,0, camera->getGraphicsContext()->getTraits()->width,
                                                  camera->getGraphicsContext()->getTraits()->height));

unitOut->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndModes(shaderAttributeOut.get());

// It looks like for some reason no stencil testing is performed at all unless I enable the GL_STENCIL_TEST in this unit
          // Let's recall that the testStencil does always pass
      unitOut->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndModes(testStencil, osg::StateAttribute::ON);
      unitOut->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GL_STENCIL_TEST, osg::StateAttribute::ON);

}

// Link the units

bypass->addChild(edgeDetection);
    bypassDepth->addChild(edgeDetection);
    edgeDetection->addChild(areaTexture);
    edgeDetection->addChild(weightsCalculation);
    areaTexture->addChild(weightsCalculation);
    weightsCalculation->addChild(pixelBlend);
    pixelBlend->addChild(unitOut);

m_processor->addChild(bypass);
    m_processor->addChild(bypassDepth);
    finalGroup->addChild(m_processor);

m_processor->dirtyUnitSubgraph();

// Set the edges texture properties
    {
        osg::Texture2D *outTex = static_cast<osg::Texture2D*>(edgeDetection->getOrCreateOutputTexture());
        if(outTex)
        {
            outTex->setFilter(osg::Texture2D::MIN_FILTER,osg::Texture2D::LINEAR);
            outTex->setFilter(osg::Texture2D::MAG_FILTER,osg::Texture2D::LINEAR);
            outTex->setWrap(osg::Texture2D::WRAP_S,osg::Texture2D::CLAMP_TO_BORDER);
            outTex->setWrap(osg::Texture2D::WRAP_T,osg::Texture2D::CLAMP_TO_BORDER);
        }
    }

// Set the weights texture properties       
    {
        osg::Texture2D *outTex = static_cast<osg::Texture2D*>(weightsCalculation->getOrCreateOutputTexture());
        if(outTex)
        {
            outTex->setFilter(osg::Texture2D::MIN_FILTER,osg::Texture2D::NEAREST);
            outTex->setFilter(osg::Texture2D::MAG_FILTER,osg::Texture2D::NEAREST);
            outTex->setWrap(osg::Texture2D::WRAP_S,osg::Texture2D::CLAMP_TO_BORDER);
            outTex->setWrap(osg::Texture2D::WRAP_T,osg::Texture2D::CLAMP_TO_BORDER);
        }
    }

isInit = true;
   return finalGroup;
}

... the first shader looks like this ...

Code:
/**
 * Copyright (C) 2010 Jorge Jimenez ()
 * Copyright (C) 2010 Belen Masia ()
 * Copyright (C) 2010 Jose I. Echevarria ()
 * Copyright (C) 2010 Fernando Navarro ()
 * Copyright (C) 2010 Diego Gutierrez ()
 * All rights reserved.
 * Adaptated by Miguel Angel Exposito ()
 * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
 * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
 *    1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
 *       this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 *    2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the following statement:
 *       "Uses Jimenez's MLAA. Copyright (C) 2010 by Jorge Jimenez, Belen Masia,
 *        Jose I. Echevarria, Fernando Navarro and Diego Gutierrez."
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS
 * IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
 * THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
 * PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS
 * BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
 * CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
 * SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
 * INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
 * CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
 * ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
 * POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
 * The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation are
 * those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official
 * policies, either expressed or implied, of the copyright holders.
 */

#version 120

varying vec4 offset[2];

uniform sampler2D depthMap;
uniform float threshold;

void main()
{

float D = texture2D(depthMap, gl_TexCoord[0].st).r;
    float Dleft = texture2D(depthMap, offset[0].xy).r;
    float Dtop  = texture2D(depthMap, offset[0].zw).r;
    float Dright = texture2D(depthMap, offset[1].xy).r;
    float Dbottom = texture2D(depthMap, offset[1].zw).r;

vec4 delta = abs(vec4(D) - vec4(Dleft, Dtop, Dright, Dbottom));
    vec4 edges = step(vec4(threshold) / 10.0, delta); // Dividing by 10 give us results similar to the color-based detection.

if (dot(edges, vec4(1.0)) == 0.0)
       discard;

gl_FragData[0] = edges;
}

(Note that in order to make it work without the stencil test I have to comment the discard part in the sader).

... and the main program goes like this ...

Code:
void main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    printHelp();  // Output some console text

osg::ref_ptr<osgViewer::Viewer> viewer = new osgViewer::Viewer();

MLAA = new MLAARendering;

unsigned int screenWidth;
    unsigned int screenHeight;
    unsigned int windowWidth = 1280;
    unsigned int windowHeight = 720;

// Init the stencil and disable the default MSAA
    osg::DisplaySettings::instance()->setMinimumNumStencilBits(8);
    osg::DisplaySettings::instance()->setNumMultiSamples(0);
    osg::ref_ptr<KeyboardEventHandler> kbHandler;

// Get the screen resolution
    osg::GraphicsContext::getWindowingSystemInterface()->
      getScreenResolution(osg::GraphicsContext::ScreenIdentifier(0),screenWidth,
      screenHeight);

// Setup the view in a screen centered window
    viewer->setUpViewInWindow((screenWidth-windowWidth)/2,
          (screenHeight-windowHeight)/2, windowWidth, windowHeight);

// Set single-threading model
    viewer->setThreadingModel(osgViewer::Viewer::SingleThreaded);

// Setup the viewer camera and RTT
    osg::Camera* camera = viewer->getCamera();
    camera->setViewport(new osg::Viewport(0,0,windowWidth, windowHeight));
    camera->setRenderTargetImplementation(osg::Camera::FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT);

osg::Texture* textureView = createRenderTextureWrks(windowWidth, windowHeight);
    osg::Texture* textureDepth = createDepthTextureWrks(windowWidth, windowHeight);
    camera->attach(osg::Camera::COLOR_BUFFER0, textureView);
    camera->attach(osg::Camera::DEPTH_BUFFER, textureDepth);

osg::ref_ptr<osg::GraphicsContext::Traits> traits = new osg::GraphicsContext::Traits;

traits->samples = 0;    // No multisampling AA
    traits->width = windowWidth;
    traits->height = windowHeight;
    traits->x = (screenWidth-windowWidth)/2;
    traits->y = (screenHeight-windowHeight)/2;
    traits->doubleBuffer = true;
    traits->sharedContext = 0;
    traits->stencil = 8;
    traits->supportsResize = false;
    traits->windowDecoration = true;

traits->windowName = "Jimenez's MLAA for OSG";

osg::ref_ptr<osg::GraphicsContext> gc = osg::GraphicsContext::createGraphicsContext(traits.get());
    camera->setGraphicsContext(gc);

// Load up the scene
    osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> scene;

if(argc > 1)
    {
        osg::notify(osg::NOTICE) << "> Loading requested model '" << argv[1] << "' ...\n";
        scene = osgDB::readNodeFile(std::string(argv[1]));
    } else {
        osg::notify(osg::NOTICE) << "> No model specified, defaulting to 'Models\\cow.osg' ...\n";
        scene = osgDB::readNodeFile("Models\\cow.osg");
    }

if(!scene)
    {
        if(argc == 1)
            osg::notify(osg::FATAL) << "> Can't load default model 'Models\\cow.osg', aborting...\n";
        else
            osg::notify(osg::FATAL) << "> Can't load requested model, '" << argv[1] << "' aborting...\n";

exit(-1);
    }

osg::ref_ptr<osg::Group> group = new osg::Group();
    group->setName("Antialiased Scene");

group = MLAA->createMLAAPipeline(camera);
    group->addChild(scene);

osg::ref_ptr<osgViewer::StatsHandler> statsHandler = new osgViewer::StatsHandler();
    statsHandler->setKeyEventPrintsOutStats('s');    // Map the statistics HUD to the 's' key
    viewer->addEventHandler(statsHandler);
    kbHandler = new KeyboardEventHandler(viewer, MLAA);

// Add the keyboard event handler
    viewer->addEventHandler(kbHandler);

scene->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GL_STENCIL_TEST, osg::StateAttribute::OFF);

viewer->realize();

viewer->setSceneData(group);

viewer->run();   
}

Thank you!

Cheers,
Miguel
radexx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Come on, guys!!, a little help here.... Very Happy

Sorry for bumping this but I couldn't figure this out yet Sad
ledocc (David Callu)
Appreciator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject:

Hi Miguel,

I'm too busy this week end to take a look on this problem.
Next week after Wednesday, my planning will be free and
you are the first on my todo list.

Cheers
David Callu

2011/6/3 Miguel Angel Exposito < (
)>
Quote:
Come on, guys!!, a little help here.... Very Happy

Sorry for bumping this but I couldn't figure out this yet Sad

------------------

http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=40065#40065

)

------------------
radexx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks David!
ledocc (David Callu)
Appreciator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi Miguel

Your code seem good.
I am not familiar with MLAA and its optimization.

Have you try gDEBugger, it allow you to see the StencilBuffer at anytime.

You're right, use of osg::ClearNode between osgPPU::Unit is probably not a good idea

If you could provide an simple example, I could play and search on my side.

Cheers
David Callu

2011/6/6 Miguel Angel Exposito < (
)>
Quote:
Thanks David!

------------------

http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=40121#40121

)

------------------
radexx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject:

Hi,

As promised, here is the source code for the Jimenez's MLAA demo for OSG using OSGPPU. I haven't managed to figure out the stencil buffer thing yet, so if any of you guys is up to the challenge, any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://pixelclock.wordpress.com/2011/07/16/jimenezs-mlaa-port-to-openscenegraph/

Thank you!

Cheers,
Miguel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgPPU [osgPPU] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: