OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

Render lower Resolution with unitOut than wandow / fullscreen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgPPU [osgPPU]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParticlePeter
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I would like to render my scene in a lower resolution than the viewport resolution, but want it stretched afterwards. When I scale the texture(s) that are attached to to the camera, e.g. half res, the render output is only half the size ( in x and y ) and placed in the lower left corner, and not stretched over the viewport.
Think that with this method:
unitOut -> setInputTextureIndexForViewportReference( inputindex )

one can tell ppu which unit/texture is the reference scale for the output, but in my pipleine there is no viewport sized texture.

Is there another way to tell unitOut to scale its resulting texture to viewport size ?

Thank you!

Cheers,
ParticlePeter
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject:
Re: Render lower Resolution with unitOut than wandow / fullscreen

Hi Peter,

you can manually set a viewport for the unit to render it to specific size and position on the output buffer.

cheers,
art

ParticlePeter wrote:
Hi,

I would like to render my scene in a lower resolution than the viewport resolution, but want it stretched afterwards. When I scale the texture(s) that are attached to to the camera, e.g. half res, the render output is only half the size ( in x and y ) and placed in the lower left corner, and not stretched over the viewport.
Think that with this method:
unitOut -> setInputTextureIndexForViewportReference( inputindex )

one can tell ppu which unit/texture is the reference scale for the output, but in my pipleine there is no viewport sized texture.

Is there another way to tell unitOut to scale its resulting texture to viewport size ?

Thank you!

Cheers,
ParticlePeter
ParticlePeter
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject:

Hi Art,

Thx for your answer, that worked, kind of, but have now some new issues.
I am using the Glow example, Blur and Original are out of Sync. Will try to figure out, and ask/answer later.

Thank you!

Cheers,
ParticlePeter
Riccardo Corsi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject:

I Peter,

I've experienced the same issue some time ago, but could not find the real cause.
I've tried several combinations of pre-post render order of cameras, and renderbin order for processor, but none of them solved the issue.

If you make any progress please post some news... =)
Thanks you!
Ricky

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 09:40, Peter Wrobel < (
Only registered users can see emails on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Art,

Thx for your answer, that worked, kind of, but have now some new issues.
I am using the Glow example, Blur and Original are out of Sync. Will try to figure out, and ask/answer later.

Thank you!

Cheers,
ParticlePeter

------------------
Read this topic online here:

http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=40150#40150

Get registred or enter the forums!
)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
art (Art Tevs)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I suppose they are not out of sync, but one is just one frame later than the other. In order to checkout the pipeline, you can run osgPPU in debug mode, I don't remember exactly (take a look into readme) you need to setup an environment variable. Then when unit pipeline is processed it will output to the console the units in the order they are rendered. This might help to debug the issue.

Cheers,
Art
ParticlePeter
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Hi All,

@Ricky,
it works for me as expected now.
First I attach a new viewport with e.g. half res of my output window, and attach a texture with the same half res to the Color Buffer of the Camera. This can be done with different Cams and resolutions, if you have some funky pipeline.
camera -> setViewport( new osg::Viewport( 0 , 0 , halfResWidth , halfResHeight ) ) ;
camera -> attach( osg::Camera::COLOR_BUFFER0 , textureColor ) ; // has also halfResWidth/Height

At the end of the pipeline I tell the unitOut not to use any camera viewport as ( size ) reference, and add another Viewport with the full resolution of my output window.
unitOut -> setInputTextureIndexForViewportReference( -1 ) ; // Don't use any Camera Viewport as reference
unitOut -> setViewport( new osg::Viewport( 0 , 0 , fullResWidth , fullResHeight ) ) ;

That's it.

@Art
With out of Sync I meant that the visual scale of the Glowed scene had not the same size as the visual scale of the non glowed scene. My mistake was, that I tried to scale up the viewports that were attached to the cameras ( main and glow ), but should have done that with the viewport attached to unitOut. Everything is working fine now Smile
But still a good Debugging Hint, didn't know that till now.

Cheers, PP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> osgPPU [osgPPU] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: