OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index OpenSceneGraph Forum
Official forum which mirrors the existent OSG mailing lists. Messages posted here are forwarded to the mailing list and vice versa.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    RulesRules    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 Mail2Forum SettingsMail2Forum Settings  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
   AlbumAlbum  OpenSceneGraph IRC ChatOpenSceneGraph IRC Chat   SmartFeedSmartFeed 

What are the distributed split levels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> VirtualPlanetBuilder [vpb]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uzala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I've used VPB for quite some months now, but I could never really figure out what those distributed split levels are good for. Recently I have built a database using values 8 and 16 because someone suggested these for a level-24-terrain. Now someone else asked me to explain why I used exactly these values, but I don't have a clue ... and can't ask the one who suggested these values Embarassed

So could anyone please explain (in easy words Smile ) what they are actually good for? I would really apprecaite any help Smile

Thank you!

Cheers,
René
zonk
Appreciator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Hi Uzala,

If I remember right, that was for the filesystem:
Some filesystems produce errors if they contain too many files in a single directory. So with the splitlevel you can control on which level VPB should create subfolders to reduce the number of files per folder.

If someone is better informed: please correct me Smile

Thank you!

Cheers,
Torben

Last edited by zonk on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uzala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject:

Hi zonk,

Thank you very much for your help. You really saved me from a great embarrassment Embarassed

Thank you again! Smile Exclamation

Cheers,
René
Uzala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Hi zonk,

Thank you very much for your help. You really saved me from a great embarrassment Embarassed

Thank you again! Smile [Exclamation]

Cheers,
René

------------------
Read this topic online here:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=41116#41116

------------------
Post generated by Mail2Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenSceneGraph Forum Forum Index -> VirtualPlanetBuilder [vpb] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: